( search forums )
Destrutable Polys.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
Splinter Cell
September 6, 2005, 10:14 pm
What if you could make a destrutable poly, one that would disappear when shot at, or grenaded( or LAWed, or m79ed).

It probably won't be implemented untill we can create 4 sided polys,(which could be never)

Keron Cyst
September 6, 2005, 11:58 pm
Why would it need 4-sided polys? And yea, that'll never be implemented :-P

What would happen to it afterwards, eh? Thought about if it was destroyed in the first 30 seconds of a match? A match lasts defaultly 15 min. And if it indeed [b]did[]/b] regenerate what if a soldat was in the place it's supposed to regen. at?

Splinter Cell
September 7, 2005, 12:55 am
I keep thinking to use it as a door, or a quadrilateral block to cover some area of the map(like the middle) and it would look strange if you shot it and when you destroyed it and half a triangle was still there it would look VERY odd.

It should respawn every round in survival mode, and let's say...2 mins in every other mode, and if someone is standing in the spot of a destructable poly right before it respawns, they get insta killed

Deleted User
September 7, 2005, 1:06 am
This would work better if Soldat's terrain was per-pixel, but I'm afraid it won't work this way.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 7, 2005, 1:06 am
there could be an option to link polygons to eachother so they are destroyed together

Deleted User
September 7, 2005, 10:37 am
Destrutable Polys has been suggested since before you were born. 2002 that is.
we can all promise that this wount happen. atleast not until soldat becomes open source:p

SPARTAN_III
September 26, 2005, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWhy would it need 4-sided polys? And yea, that'll never be implemented :-P

What would happen to it afterwards, eh? Thought about if it was destroyed in the first 30 seconds of a match? A match lasts defaultly 15 min. And if it indeed [b]did[]/b] regenerate what if a soldat was in the place it's supposed to regen. at?

keron, your tags aint working again.

now, if MM bought the rights to geo-mod technology from volition, we might get this. but fo now, i dont think it can be done. shame, because this idea gets my full backing.