( search forums )
I've just finished playing the best PC...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
SuperKill
September 7, 2005, 9:56 pm
single-player game EVER. besides hl2 ofcourse.

it's called The Ur-Quan Masters (or StarCon 2?).. the game's abit old.
anyway, it's got an amazingly amusing, enjoyable storyline. the kind you'll have trouble finding in today's games.

the gameplay is also good. when you're not fighting missguided-alien-probes-from-a-far-giant-gas-planet, you're busy trying to make an alliance with every possible race on the galaxy, in order to beat the crap out of the uber-armed enslaving alien race and its slave races.
..and between that, you'll find yourself collecting resources from any possible planet in the universe (and there are lots of them) to beef up your flagship..

well all in all, its just good.
so please dont be an ass and go "it s*cks" before you even try it.

Deleted User
September 7, 2005, 10:08 pm
Eh, link isn't working I think.

Deleted User
September 7, 2005, 10:13 pm
Go to downloads.com and after a minute of searching you should be able to find it.

SuperKill
September 7, 2005, 10:18 pm
weird. the link works good here.
but yea i guess downloads.com should do it.

UGK
September 7, 2005, 10:44 pm
can we get some screens.Edit: nvm i got them but is it a poitn click or what? i hope this isnt Ms-Dos...

SuperKill
September 7, 2005, 10:47 pm
keyboard only.

UGK
September 7, 2005, 10:51 pm
oh ok im gonna do my HW while its downloading but what kind of type of game is it? is it a space shooter like those crappy meteor shooters or what?

n00bface
September 8, 2005, 12:27 am
Sorz, I tried playing for liek an hour and I must say I do not like this game at all. I dunno how you could even compare it to HL2, but I guess all those crazy cult gamers like Ville, Pienne and Lapis might find it enjoyable. Hmph.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 8, 2005, 12:57 am
Looks alright, download right now, should be fun, I love space exploration games.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 2:04 am
ohhh hmm well there is this game web browser game called forgottenplanet its not bad intill you get wipe out bye after playing for a few months thats why i stop playing it

kylerlandry
September 8, 2005, 4:12 am
How did you beat that.....theres more than 100 planets on the map....

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 9, 2005, 5:52 am
This game is quite fun, actually, I can find myself spending 2 hours on this (Already), and planning to play it some more...good fun, reminds me of freelancer, but without the long cutscenes.

SuperKill
September 9, 2005, 9:50 am
glad you liked it.
gotta let you know tho, you will lose (you'll see how) the first time you play it, so save often.
and dont focus on getting resources all the time.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 9, 2005, 10:03 am
I got killed like 5 times already, I have no idea how the hyperdrive escape and the secondary weapons work. ( I got to that part already)

SuperKill
September 9, 2005, 10:54 am
hyperdrive escape = click on esc and wait a few secs (wont work if you dont have fuel)
secondary weapons = your storymode ship doesnt have secondary weapons yet, you'll install them incase you'll buy the module later on in the game.

but with losing i dont mean getting killed. the game has a certain moment where the 2 main "bad" races fight eachother and annihilating everyone else (and you cant stop it).
you can keep that from happening by discovering new races, completing missions they give you, and making alliances from time to time.

anyway if you got any questions about the game, PM me and i'll help.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 9, 2005, 4:59 pm
I should be alright, I think. Money is hard to come by (Which is good and challenging), and I'm starting off pretty good.

GunPowder
September 11, 2005, 2:17 am
This game is good,I used to play it a lot, I was near the ending of the game when I bought a new pc and forgot to copy the saves and formatted the old drives ;_; . The storyboard is BIG and exciting , but i couldn't play the game again and finish it.
so superkill, can you pm me of the game's end?