( search forums )
rce_Technodrome - Return of the Race Mode!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
September 8, 2005, 6:54 pm
Since the race mode is gonna be revived and I felt kinda inspired by Demonics new rce map, I decided to put my hands on an rce map aswell to contribute to this revival of the race mode.

And here it is: rce_Technodrome

The map itself was created by mood, there was no concept, sketch or anything like this before, the map progressed just like my imagination did at the moment I created it. After the shape was done, I named the map Technodrome and placed the sceneries according to the name. It looks a bit "different" but I hope you like it ;)

Starting point: Little chamber at the upper-left of the map
Finish: lower right of the map
Other info: No jetfuel, no crates, no deadly stuff
Average racing time: ~1 minute

Have fun!

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/rce_Technodrome.PMS

Screen:
[IMAGE]

Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 7:03 pm
In this case, different is good :D
I suppose I will have to try it out before I can really rate it.

/edit

The map is very fun to play and it makes me want more race maps...I guess I will have to make one now...

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 7:46 pm
Looks great. I might make another rce map too, for the old time's sake.

September 8, 2005, 7:54 pm
As will I. Let's hope that nobody makes more retarded nade jump maps, they suck and are often ugly.

Raptor
September 8, 2005, 11:59 pm
Man, how can you do suck great maps in a short time... I envy you.
*Downloads*

GAMEOVER
September 9, 2005, 6:31 pm
Looks too much like a maze and not enough space to move around although in game it might look differently

DeMonIc
September 9, 2005, 6:40 pm
GAMEOVER, it's a race map. It's not intended to move around a lot, it's made like that so the most skilled player taking turns and making the jumps wins the race.
You're a DM purist, we got that, but don't look at maps like "zomg DM rulz". CTF is ctf, rce is rce, and DM is DM.