( search forums )
ctf_dmBridge
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 7:36 pm
I was playing some deathmatch the other day and I thought, "wow, some of these maps would make good ctf maps." So I decided to turn the deathmatch map, Bridge, into a ctf map. I edited the map a little bit and the parts where you run through the bases of the towers have colliders so if you can get past there you are kind of safe. I might make some more ctf_dm maps if this one turns out alright. Hope you like it...

Overview:
[IMAGE]
Download

September 8, 2005, 7:44 pm
Good work! How long did that take you?

Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 7:47 pm
Oh shut up. It isn't supposed to be anything impressive. I knew one of you idiots would say something like that. It is meant to be for fun. I am mainly just showing off the idea...

September 8, 2005, 7:49 pm
I just kid. Anyway, a mod made me say it. Can I just ask, what exactly did you change?

DeMonIc
September 8, 2005, 7:50 pm
Basically you just placed a few spawnpoints. That is not counted as a map. Nor is it counted as map making.

And calling Sticky an idiot is yet another mistake, seeing as he, unlike you (and many others who post their "opinion" in the mapping forums) is a great mapper.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 7:51 pm
if you get mad at people saying your map is good, thren let me say your map SUCK.

feel better..

Edit: is that even your map?

Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 7:53 pm
You can delete the topic then...

By the way, you don't have to be such (Please refrain from swearing)s about things. I made a mistake. I thought it was a good idea, but I guess not.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 7:53 pm
Well aren't you guys nice? ;/

The Geologist
September 8, 2005, 8:02 pm
Why do people come on here and throw these temper tantrums? I mean, don't mind what HHH (A.K.A. Sprocket) says...he's a map thief and thus loses any credibility in the map forums.

But I digress...you came here, presented what I see to be a rather novel idea and one I agree with. You didn't make the map though, just added a few spawn points, so why are you getting mad when people point that out? Please...if all you can do is call us idiots, then don't even bother posting here. :/ On the other hand, you could do some work, change the map, and then post it a modified version of the original map. I'm sure that would be more well recieved.

Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 8:11 pm
Sticky didnt have to be so sarcastic though. I am also not calling everyone idiots... I never said that I totally made the map. I said all that I did to it. If I changed the map, it wouldn't be anything like the original. My idea was to play ctf on the original map. Where should I post this if I was mainly presenting the idea of changing default maps to ctf? Also, I did modify the map somewhat, just not enough to really notice. That was the way I wanted it. BTW, thanks for being nice about it.

grand_diablo
September 8, 2005, 8:11 pm
[mod mode] Calm down people, this is not the bashpit. [/mod mode]

[opinion]
The idea is rather unique, and except for the "ctf_dmBridge by..." line on the screen he doesnt claim the map his "concept" nor in any way unique. Sure, he didnt have to do a lot of mapmaking for this, but on the other hand no one else had the idea to turn Bridge into a CTF map so far, although I go with Geologist in that point: some modifications would increase the maps gameplay value in CTF mode (like routes from the "bases" to the top part in the middle).

A CTF version of Bridge is a fun idea, though it needs some more changes.

If Nephilim still wants this topic to be gone, I will delete it. If he wants to give it one more try with some more changes, I'll let it stay to see what the outcome is, since the idea itself isnt bad.

Nephilim
September 8, 2005, 8:18 pm
I thought of making a route under the bridge itself. Maybe that would add to the gameplay. Im sorry that I acted like that, but again, it was just a concept/new idea. I just got mad when they acted like I was claiming that it was my own original map. I suppose saying "by Nephilim" on the overview could make it seem like that, but what else could it say? I would like to keep the topic.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 10:50 pm
Nice idea. But you all act like he's done something terrible. Well, there's nothing wrong. he said:

quote: Oh shut up. It isn't supposed to be anything impressive. I knew one of you idiots would say something like that. It is meant to be for fun. I am mainly just showing off the idea...

Geologist, he expected people to make fun of the idea. he's not really insulting people. That's what pisses him off. So no more flaming and more CTF_DM maps.

_Mancer_
September 8, 2005, 11:23 pm
This will be just as bad as kampf...

GAMEOVER
September 9, 2005, 6:33 pm
Ive DM'd on this map a lot never played CTF on it though. Its okay for DMs as long as it isnt too over crowded.