( search forums )
DM_Sticks'n'Stones (link fixed!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
The Geologist
September 8, 2005, 8:58 pm
Quite a mouthful for a map, but I think this one deserves it.

My first attempt at using multiple textures for one map, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results. A big thanks to cooz and his multi-textural tutorial, Anna and her stone03 texture, and all those who helped test and play the map before release.

The skinny:
*Supports DM, HTF, rambo, pointmatch, and TM play.
*Small map, good for up to 10 players.
*Not waypointed (if anyone is up to the task, get in touch.)

Overview
Download

Questions and comments are appreciated as always. And please...something more than two words, "cool map", or the like would be appreciated.

Edit: To those who have already downloaded, if you get a white box, it's because I forgot to include a scenery in the .zip. Problem solved, download again to get the missing scenery and sorry for the trouble.

Edit 2: All sceneries in there now, I promise -_-. Any white boxes, just download once more.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 9:40 pm
even if i hate you guts, i have to say this is the best map i have seen.
i'm jealous of you'r skills you son of a fruit!

Avarax
September 8, 2005, 10:02 pm
nice use of that untexture possibility, perfect shading, nicely detailed leaves and scenerys placed with love :) i cant turn this comment into a constructive one because it's simply beautiful and perfect as far as i can see...

Rambo_6
September 8, 2005, 10:11 pm
The branches could use some texture...

But otherwise, a nice map!

Quality before quantity, as I always say ;)

Hitman
September 8, 2005, 10:26 pm
Fantastic.

September 8, 2005, 10:27 pm
You can break my bones any day ;*

grand_diablo
September 8, 2005, 10:56 pm
All I can say: <3

cooz
September 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
thanks for credits (at last someone read my tutor ^^)

great shading, idea, map "made from stones", u must just luv those untextured tree effect ;)
good piece of art map...

and i have also one sad thing to say: u didnt need to(so not english sentence) use 2 textures, in PW u could just use Edit -> Untexture (ctrl+u) feature, and whole texturing work would be done with one click, but yeah, now you just have a practise in creating multi texures map ]:>

ow and i almost forgot:
a cool map (<- 3 words)

Raptor
September 9, 2005, 12:03 am
I hate you man... That map is awesome... What's your secret?

rabidhamster
September 9, 2005, 1:26 am
i can't download it, *sob*

i'm hosting a soldat LAN party in a couple weeks, and this map is perfect for it! help?

The Geologist
September 9, 2005, 1:35 am
Damn, thanks for all the comments peoples. ^_^

Rabid - Do you have your popup blocker turned off? If not, try that.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 2:00 am
I demand that this map be made official.

Nephilim
September 9, 2005, 12:11 pm
I just love all of the little details that you put in there. Nice touch.

DeMonIc
September 9, 2005, 12:22 pm
Adopt me. Please.

I want to play this map. Like now. The map is amazingly detailed, it looks really good, layout is keen for a good duke-it-out deathmatch.

GAMEOVER
September 9, 2005, 6:24 pm
i like it /download

Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 6:26 pm
The space is a little small for combat but that's good for me & my shotgun :-D

I'm always drooling over your collumns. Maps like this make me wish all the more that map-change votes could take maps from players on a server.

TeRRoRinFANt
October 25, 2005, 1:32 pm
[SORRY FOR REVIVING THE TOPIC but...]
The map's great, wonderful looking, but I cannot say anything more than that, cuz it won't download- and it's not my popup blocker either. Says that the requested file is not hosted there!
Help, please!

Deleted User
October 25, 2005, 11:52 pm
if no one will waypoint it contact me, i don't want to do something already done...

great map :D nice shading and as always, nice theme.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 1:03 am
I want to wypt. it (for more experience), but...

"The requested URL /fileupload/store/DM_S&S1.1.zip was not found on this server."

:-/

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 1:59 am
yea...
us waypointers live on the street, we can't do our jobs without links...

The Geologist
October 26, 2005, 4:15 am
I'll fix the link for the download by tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder, my apologies for the lack of a working link.

Edit: And I woul appreciate teh waypointing.

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 26, 2005, 5:23 pm
Wow thats amazing

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 6:38 pm
Yay!!

*dl. and gets to wypting*

peemonkey
October 26, 2005, 7:23 pm
looks sexy, cant wait to play it with bots when i reinstall soldat in a month :D very pretty, looks like good gameplay

afly
October 26, 2005, 7:29 pm
Your going to hate me for this, butt. I like your Creativity, and it looks fun. I myself have not downloaded it and played it though. Yet. :)

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 8:44 pm
i just say WOW

Deleted User
October 26, 2005, 11:15 pm
yay :D

lithium
October 28, 2005, 10:18 pm
OK, I can never download from moonet and I've never complained before, but this looks worth downloading, so I'll go ahead and make an ass of myself. How am I supposed to d/l this? I have popups on, javascript enabled...when I click the link it brings up another window for a split second but it dissapears before the download initiates. A little help?

BRILLIANT looking map, Geologist. If I can figure out how to d/l I'll give my input.

Keron Cyst
November 12, 2005, 12:51 am
@lithium: what browser are you running on?

Roughly wypted version done: http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/197885/SticknStone.PMS
I can't get 'em any better than they are in that file. If anyone wants to expand on 'em, go ahead...

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 3:27 am
woah Geo... I think you've outdone yourself here. I guess that means I have to start working on my next map -_-...

VERY creative, and fun looking to boot (fun looking = i have to go home and download this badboy). The shading is simply amazing, the peaches, leaves, and sticks all look great, and... well... damn... DAMN.

EDIT: WOW... i just realized how completely ancient this post is. Oh well, cool nonetheless.

Hoodlum
November 12, 2005, 2:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by HitmanFantastic.