( search forums )
Optimatium Dominatus Mod + WM in progress
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Meandor
September 8, 2005, 9:00 pm
I'm making yet another futuristic mod. This time, I plan to complete it with a WM and set up a dedicated server. Maybe it'll be added to a qnet gather channel (#rs.gather, the one that currently runs realistic ctf gathers). I'm looking forward to have new weapons, though no bugged ones like flame guns that only appear from the ground and such. They should also be balanced.

What I have so far:

1. Deagles > ??? (thing that shoots 2 rockets)
[IMAGE]

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=200
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=260
Speed=200
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=32
Bink=80
MovementAcc=1

This one is a cross between the barret and a m79, except it has a shorter range than barret and it takes more time to reload; it does also have a medium delay. This should make up for the fact that it shoots two explosive shells at high speed. I plan on keeping this as the only 1-hit-kill weapon in OD.

2. MP5 > ??? (needle shooting thing)
[IMAGE]

[HK MP5]
Damage=160
FireInterval=12
Ammo=3
ReloadTime=65
Speed=280
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

Small clip, fast reload, medium fire rate, high damage. This weapon can't kill with one clip only, but it reloads pretty quickly, and with it's long range, it won't take much to kill someone. 3 shots up close do kill, although it's very difficult. Usually 4 well placed shots are enough. Uses arrows because they're fancy.

3. AK > ???
[IMAGE]

[Ak-74]
Damage=160
FireInterval=11
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=165
Speed=220
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-90
MovementAcc=1

High-damage auto with small clip and high self-bink.

4. Steyr Aug > ??? (thing that strikes other with lightning or similar)
[IMAGE]

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=10
FireInterval=1
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=1
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=10
MovementAcc=0

No reload time, no delay. This weapon won't ever run out of ammo. It's minimal damage though makes it unfit for spraying, as it needs a good aim to get a high amount of hits, also because the range is not the best either. Currently, I'm thinking of increasing the damage by 3 or 4 points, or making the damage much higher and introduce a short reload. That way it'd fire quick, short burst with a little interval.

6. Ruger > ???
[IMAGE]

[Ruger 77]
Damage=232
FireInterval=13
Ammo=6
ReloadTime=115
Speed=200
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=50
MovementAcc=1

Good weapon for close range, not too accurate. Ideal to rush someone, though difficult to use because of the fast firing rate.

9.Minimi > low-powered auto rocket gun
[IMAGE]

[FN Minimi]
Damage=40
FireInterval=26
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=290
Speed=200
BulletStyle=10
StartUpTime=13
Bink=-80
MovementAcc=0

This one is though and has lots of potential, but it is very hard to hit things in the air. Very efficent against ground. Still needs testing.

10.Minigun > ftw?
[IMAGE]
[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=58
FireInterval=7
Ammo=16
ReloadTime=50
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=6
Bink=-50
MovementAcc=2

I really Like this one. It is a semi-normal auto, with a little startup and bullets, but high damage. It has a good range, but the hefty self-bink makes it better for close range.

LAW > deployable HMG
[IMAGE]

[M72 LAW]
Damage=60
FireInterval=5
Ammo=55
ReloadTime=700
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=65
Bink=-20
MovementAcc=3

Has very high reload and startup time, but when in use is more powerful than a normal auto and very high potential thanks to the large ammo stock.

Other weapons that I might remove that don't have the gfx yet

Chainsaw > Kamikaze Kit
[Chainsaw]
Damage=4000000
FireInterval=0
Ammo=6
ReloadTime=2
Speed=200
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=5
Bink=-5000000
MovementAcc=-999999

Pretty simple, go near someone and take him to the grave with you. Might malfunction if user presses the mouse button for too short.

The thing I need help on the most is the WM. Original but not too funky weapons are welcome.
More stuff will be added as I finish it.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 11:38 pm
AWsome! your weapons rock! nice shading :) can twait for you to finnish this

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 6:20 am
I think they're fine. Though I don't like that Metal Slug style. :\

Unlucky 13
September 9, 2005, 8:18 am
"Chainsaw > Kamikaze Kit"
Heh, I was playing around with a suicide saw, but rather was using frag grenades. It was a little weak, even at full strength. I'm not sure with M79, but I've noticed with grenades, shooting in an area where the saw has no collision with the body (above the head) doesn't always kill them.

Looks nice and the modification part looks quite alright as well.

An idea: An auto that uses low/no damage shotgun pellets and has a high rate of fire (2-3?) and high flight speed to "teleport", or more, "propel" the player across the map. A high reload or low clip size might be in order, though.

Maybe also add some auto-bink/movement acc. on the auto RL.

The gattling gun sounds nice, I remember doing the opposite: Making the minigun a 10 shot, super fast, even-more super long reload rocket launcher. The weapon had a high chance of killing yourself when the front missle collided with an object, as if the missles were in a straight line, a long string of explosions will fly out towards you, and...
owch.

September 9, 2005, 8:36 am
lolz, this mod totally owns. Kamikaze kit?

I like the lightning gun... do more!

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 9:16 am
[Ak-74]
Damage=65
FireInterval=12
Ammo=2
ReloadTime=70
Speed=250
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

Energy/Carbine Rifle. Fires two distinctly accurate energy bolts in rapid succession, then requires a small period of recharge to avoid depleting the energy cells.

[Ruger 77]
Damage=100
FireInterval=50
Ammo=6
ReloadTime=35
Speed=250
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-40
MovementAcc=3

Fusion Combat-Sniper Rifle. Moderately accurate even when moving, it provides an accelerated, non-automatic firing mode which enables the user to keep enemies at bay. A short recharge time also accompanies the rifle, though it suffers a drawback in direct combat.

Zero72
September 9, 2005, 10:06 am
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on this. It sounds interesting.

Maybe make some futuristic gostek or something to go with it, with like high-tech armor and crap?

Meandor
September 9, 2005, 10:13 am
Thank you Lapis, I'll consider those 2. As for the propeller gun, I'm not sure about that. I've seen similar things, and it was kind of annoying (if it's ctf).
Zero72 - Yes, this is meant to be a full mod. So there will be gostek, interface, sparks and all that.

September 9, 2005, 11:42 am
I shall get to work on some ideas captain meandor... how about a mine layer... yes... a mine layer...

SPARTAN_III
September 9, 2005, 11:56 am
screw you, meandor. you totally ripped off my suicide bomber idea.

lol, just kidding. its better to use law missiles for that, from my experience, they kaboom better.

Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 6:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIscrew you, meandor. you totally ripped off my suicide bomber idea....
Same but replace "suicide bomber" with "LAW-to-portable-SG". -ish.

BTW if #4 "strikes with lightning" why is Speed 150? Make it 600 or something and Damage -200. Still, I'm gonna love that weapon :-D

September 10, 2005, 7:33 am
Why is it -200? wont that heal?

Make an auto shotgun or an assault rifle with an extremely high ROF, but low dmg and clip

Keron Cyst
September 10, 2005, 3:09 pm
Yes it would heal but the Damage compensates heavily for it. Try it! It's crazy...

SPARTAN_III
September 10, 2005, 3:14 pm
^^ i didnt understand that, can you clarifly...?

September 10, 2005, 3:52 pm
OMG... he is right... it so evil....

Keron Cyst
September 10, 2005, 6:50 pm
Damage + Speed (kinda) = hurt to soldat. If speed is REALLY high it'll still hurt even if Damage is in the negatives.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 10, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystYes it would heal but the Damage compensates heavily for it. Try it! It's crazy...

Huh? Tried it and it healed...

thought it was DAMAGE * SPEED

September 11, 2005, 1:07 am
Then we'll just use a high dmg.

Meandor
September 11, 2005, 2:32 am
Yeah.. negative damage doesn't seem to work, even with absurdly high speed. I increased the speed though. Done LAW and AK graphics will update the post later.

Keron Cyst
September 11, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeR... thought it was DAMAGE * SPEED

Well I guess but if one # was negative and the other wasn't it should always heal :-P

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 8:40 pm
I like that AK.

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 1:13 am
SERIAL KILLeR: if it heals then keep lowering damage count until it hurts...

Unlucky 13
September 15, 2005, 9:30 am
Okay this time a less lame idea, if you must.

[code]//Infantry Suppression Unit
//Launches a cluster grenade that releases 5 smaller high explosive grenades. These grenades
//may not be able to deliver fatal damage, but can suppress a formation of infantry.
//The weapon is designed to be shot above an oncoming formation, rather than directly at one
//Sheer number of projectiles could cause this weapon to fire inaccurately.
[M79]
Damage=275
FireInterval=3
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=210
Speed=225
BulletStyle=9
StartUpTime=0
Bink=10
MovementAcc=4[/code]

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 9:52 am
2, 3 and 4 don't look very good imo :( I frickin love the deployable HMG thing though.

EDIT: Wait, have you tested the LAW replacement? Weapons that don't usually use bullet style 1 can't be modified to fire bullets. The shots become invisible.

SPARTAN_III
September 15, 2005, 3:46 pm
Disposable Portable Artillery Cannon

This weapon has a magazine of five rockets. once these rounds are depleted, the weapon should be discarded, since reloading is impossible. the weapon also includes a scope for long-distance shooting.

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=20000
FireInterval=180
Ammo=5
ReloadTime=-100
Speed=300
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=20

meandor, a tip for the steyr. the fire interval can be whatever you want, as long as the reload time is 0. this will give it infinite ammo, regardless of fire interval.

Meandor
September 22, 2005, 10:41 pm
Finished and "tested" (i'll have a lot to do about balance when this thing actually gets a server -.-) some weapons.
While messing around because I don't know what to do with the spas, I've came up with a propeller gun that is uber fast and works kind of like a jetpack, because it sends you in the direction you're aiming to, it's fun, try it :P

[Spas-12]
Damage=-100
FireInterval=0
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=-1000
Speed=-500
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-800
MovementAcc=-10

I'm not going to use it though, too annoying. Does anyone have a good idea for spas?

Rambo_6
September 22, 2005, 11:10 pm
Meandor, i'm glad to see that somebody has bothered to edit the weapons.ini file and make a respectable mod with it ;)

Which reminds me, i'd better release my Paintball mod :D

SPARTAN_III
September 30, 2005, 8:51 am
bump

for the spas eh? it needs to be a shotgun since the spas can't shoot anything else. or it could be something like a high velocity weapon, because if the speed is high enough, the spread of the shotgun won't be noticable.

Meandor
September 30, 2005, 2:39 pm
Yea, that's the main problem. At the moment, I've made it a heavier version of the old ruger (always kills with 2 hits, 3 bullets, slower rof). It isn't bad, spas has a lot of pushing power that the ruger doesn't have and with the medium-high speed the spread is little but still there, which makes it a little easier to hit. As for the rest, I'm almost done. I only need to do the other 3 secondaries, will update later. I'm a little slow with school and other things to do :>

rabidhamster
September 30, 2005, 3:17 pm
i had no idea negative reload did that... awsome.

Keron Cyst
September 30, 2005, 6:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III... it needs to be a shotgun since the spas can't shoot anything else....
Changing bullet type won't affect it?

Meandor
September 30, 2005, 10:44 pm
It does, but the spas won't shoot anything except the pellets. So it needs to be set to pellets to do any damage.

This isn't dead, I'm just working very slowly :P
A small update (completed weapons-interface).
http://www.turrino.it/public/od.gif
When I have the weapons-gfx I will release the full ini for testing purposes.

SPARTAN_III
October 11, 2005, 7:34 am
looking nice, but some of the guns could be longer (too much space between them and weapon name.

if you don't want to make them longer, at least push them towards the center a little