( search forums )
Being able to "steal" an enemy's shirt color.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Splinter Cell
September 8, 2005, 9:11 pm
What if you were able to steal an enemy's shirt color when you have killed them.(Which will mainly be used in team games) You would be able to fly around enemy territory and get the flag/kill without being noticed.(At least untill the enemy finds out your really not one of them) If you died,(From enemy or a confused teammate's fire) you would lose your disguise untill you got another one.

Discuss

P.S I got the idea from Enemy Territory.

Ack, sorry, I posted this on the wrong subforum, uhh, could someone move/delete this message? Ahh, now someone posted here before I could delete it. ( I forgot my pass and had to get a new one)

Koon
September 8, 2005, 11:51 pm
Its just too wierd. I dont think it would ever work.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 12:02 am
aha that's fun but then everybody would be doing it

SERIAL KILLeR
September 9, 2005, 12:18 am
nah soldat is to fast paced for things like that.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 1:07 am
This would be annoying as hell, worse than predators.

Kyklis
September 9, 2005, 1:49 am
Predators is fine. It's a once and awhile powerup. However, this could be used ALL the time and would get extremely annoying. Team-Kills would be at all time high, plus this is Soldat, no enemy territory. Enemy Territory has big maps that work with this.

Zero72
September 9, 2005, 5:21 am
Been suggested before, and is a bad idea.

The @venger
September 9, 2005, 2:31 pm
well, how to make it a secondary- thingie, you steal a guys shirt- colour, and then it lasts for.. lets say half a minute, but the pointer would still turn red when aiming at the friendly- looking enemy!

Kyklis
September 9, 2005, 2:51 pm
This just can't work in soldat.

paramud
September 9, 2005, 2:53 pm
*slaps Splinter_Cell*
No, Bad boy. Use the search button.

Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 6:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Koon
Its just too wierd. I dont think it would ever work.

quote:Originally posted by KyklisThis just caan't work in Soldat.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 8:47 pm
I remember in Return to Castle Wolfeinstien and the good old multiplayer days their was a mod that added alot of classes, their was a spy class that would make a US guy look like a nazi and vice-versa. It was fun in that game but, maybe not for soldat.

peemonkey
September 9, 2005, 10:50 pm
yea, that's enemy territory, and it's still massivly played...but wouldnt work for soldat. sorry. *calls in airstrike*

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 11:23 pm
I mean the one b4 ET that you had to buy http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/

tRaQs
September 10, 2005, 6:52 pm
no, it would make it so screwy.

September 11, 2005, 1:31 am
Gah, its a bug already... i was playing in himit and some of my team mates were in blue when they were in alpha team... gasp, i killed myself when i shot them with an m79.

- Tek -
September 24, 2005, 7:33 am
I think it should work like a vest. Youa re blue, you get say a bonus powerup that make syou red. You stay red until someone actually shoot you. It would be like how you are invisible in pred mode, until someone shoots you and gets blood everywhere.

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 1:59 pm
thats the most retarded idea ever!
thats just what i would expect from spinter cell, SOLDAT IS NOT SPLINTER CELL IT IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME (under normal settings) STOP TRYING TO MAKE MY FAV. GAME REALISTIC! (sry for shouting/yelling but it's true, the idea is retarded)

blackdevil0742
September 24, 2005, 5:09 pm
it's not retarded.. but It wouldn't fit the gameplay.

i am ahab
September 24, 2005, 6:14 pm
no its not retarded.

don't be hatin those that are creative you muffin. its been relatively well thought through. sure its been ripped off, but still. i'm all for discussing reasonably intelligent suggestions.

but i don't agree with this one ;p

maybe this style of play could have a home in an entirely new gamemode or something. but not in normal ctf i dont thinks.

it'd go well with an escape type mode that has been suggested before.

Henkka
September 24, 2005, 10:50 pm
You disguise yourself as an enemy.

You lose it if:
You shoot or throw a knife (taken from TFC)
An enemy comes near you and touchs you (taken from tfc too)
You grab their flag (yet again, taken from tfc)
You return your flag

What you CAN do with it:
Use your jetpack, pick up supplies, throw grenades and stab with knives (not throw em).

How to take enemy shirts:

You go prone and press spacebar. After let's say 3 seconds, you look like an enemy. Of course, there have to be remains of the enemy ;).

Algernon
September 30, 2005, 2:45 am
there was a bug (or at least i think it is a bug) in v1.2.1 server that i used to play a lot that would spawn someone with the wrong color of shirt. i'm pretty sure it's a bug becasue it has happened to me. i go to change teams and *bam* i spawn in blue team with a red shirt in a CTF map. it was loads of fun but the other team would catch on pretty quickly. in any case it's a bad idea.

DT
September 30, 2005, 8:52 pm
Ahhh soldat is a action game... and besides this is kinda useless since people can just check your name with the cursor