( search forums )
Let's test affiliate links...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Please do all of your testing here
Aquarius
September 9, 2005, 2:49 pm
This is a test.

If you want to test the Firefox browser, use the link to download it first.

GET FIREFOX!!!

For people who click the link, if they *know* what they click, it doesn't matter if the link is affiliate or not. The result is the same as non-affiliate link. That's why I'm against the signature rules which say affiliate links are not allowed. Affiliate links should be allowed as long as they are not misleading!!!

Keep in mind I don't have any profit from the affiliate link.

Also keep in mind it IS NOT against the Forum rules to post affiliate links in the Soldat Forums. According to the Forum Rules affiliate links are prohibited IN SIGNATURES ONLY.

LOL

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 2:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusLOL

Yes, this is extremely funny!

Denacke
September 9, 2005, 3:27 pm
I'm a happy opera user. It's a fast and stable browser.

Though at the moment, I think you are really trying to spread it too fanaticly.

I beg you, please stop.

Aquarius
September 9, 2005, 3:37 pm
This is not about Opera, I could post any other affiliate link here. Please read again carefully. It is about stupid affiliate links rules.

Denacke
September 9, 2005, 4:48 pm
I don't think I have to explain what I mean.

Aquarius
September 9, 2005, 5:27 pm
Nor do I. But I edited the first post to help you understand.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 8:28 pm
The rules aren't stupid. They are there to stop people from being duped or abused for another person's gain. I certainly don't like clicking a link to discover its some stupid cgi script that logs my IP address and happens to be some gangster (Please refrain from swearing) game.

While it is fine if you want to promote Opera, do so without using affiliate links. We're not here to fuel those click-fest leeching cgi scripts.