( search forums )
I want to aim in Soldat w/ arrow keys.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 6:55 pm
I don't know why, but I think it'd just be fun and a nice change from the usual mouse-aiming. Of course that'd render rifle-firing impossible (unless you're on Bravo's side of ctf_Kampf and camping for the narrow top) but I'd try it if a high enough moving speed was put for the cursor.

DT
September 9, 2005, 8:11 pm
Aiming with the arrow keys would greatly lower your accuracy...
And what if someone is right behind you while you have your curser all the way to the right?

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 9, 2005, 9:41 pm
Yeah, I think he just wants to make soldat into some Stick Soldier Control Scheme

UGK
September 9, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxYeah, I think he just wants to make soldat into some Stick Soldier Control Scheme

exactly what i was about to post. keryon Cyst is a traitor!

Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 11:37 pm
*lol* I wasn't even thinking of that! xD More like Liero, actually...

Unlucky 13
September 10, 2005, 8:52 am
I'd say activate Mouse Keys, it would probably be the only way.
Activate them through the Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Mouse Tab. Then you can hit the check box. It'll be num pad aim, but it's as close as you can get for all I know.

Boxo
September 10, 2005, 8:55 am
I wanted to do that one time, too. I tried to use the windows MouseKeys feature, but it didn't work in Soldat :(

Try if it works for you, press:
shift + left alt + numlock

It lets you control the mouse with the number pad.

If anyone finds some other way of keyboard-aiming, let us know.

edit: Unlucky 13 was faster. Damn you.

lastpatriot
September 10, 2005, 12:56 pm
It's tough, Keron, but it's something you should do once...to show your love of the mouse.

Keron Cyst
September 10, 2005, 3:22 pm
Yeck, MouseKeys is too slow :-/ And I meant just rotating the soldat's aim, not directing a cursor (like Liero I said). Not sure how you'd fire backwards (maybe Num Lock on inverts shooting direction :-D)...