( search forums )
Can't use my map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Bunford5
September 9, 2005, 11:49 pm
I can use the maps that come with the game to run a server as normal but when i try to use my map for a game of HTF people 'request game' but can't join. My map is called htf_Gorewood Pines and has spawnpoints for team 1 and 2, a yellow flag spawnpoint and even bot waypoints. I'm assuming that people are unable to download the map from me for some reason but they can join my server on a normal map without any problems.

plz help!!!

Edit : I changed the name of the map to htf_Pines and now it works fine.

New problem :) On a different map i made people can join but they always leave 2 seconds later, even if i know for a fact that they're actually trying to stay there for longer. It's like they're allowed to join and then kicked after 2 seconds. Grrrrrrrrr

Michal
September 10, 2005, 5:41 pm
I think it has something to do with firewall settings. On my comp I can host games, but if there's a custom map then I have the same problem as you.

Bunford5
September 11, 2005, 10:58 pm
It's not the firewall. I can use several maps that i made myself but two of them have the following error. Someone joins and then about 2 seconds later they leave. This happens every time someone joins and the time between joining and leaving is always the same. Other maps i have made work perfectly so it's not the firewall. Can anyone help?