( search forums )
useful tricks with weapons.ini
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
September 10, 2005, 9:27 am
by messing about with the weapon files i've managed to discover some tricks you might find useful for balancing your weapon mods. i will update this if and when i find more tricks:

Infinite Ammo
There are two ways to accomplish infinite ammunition:

the first is to set the reload time to 0 on a weapon entry. this is my favourite method, since it doesnt affect the function and fire rate of the weapon-semi autos will remain semi autos, etc.

the second, more crude way, is to modify the fire interval to 0. this method causes semi automatics to become billion round per second full autos. the noise is infinitely more horrendous, and from my experience, the gun will fire in a spread. also, when the clip is exhausted, the ammo count will instantly switch to 255, but the reload bar will not appear.

single clip weapons

with this method, you can create a disposable weapon, meaning that once all the bullets are depleted, the gun will not reload. to do this, change the reload time to a negative number. once you use all the bullets for that gun, you'd better throw it away, because whatever you do, it's not gonna reload.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 10:46 am
Cool, you could make a powerful weapon that only has 1 time use.

September 10, 2005, 12:25 pm
BFG! BFG! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okayz, lets make this uber destructo bomb that nukes everything anywhere on the map and kills u too.

mickle89
September 10, 2005, 5:11 pm
This is a trick from m00` I think:

Set the damage of the weapon to a negative number to heal soldiers as you shoot them. (only goes to a max of 133% health)

Also set the speed of the bullet to a negative number to make it fire from behind you.

numgun
September 10, 2005, 6:13 pm
is it possible to grab and toss around enemies with a some kind of beam or chainsaw without killing them?

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 10, 2005, 6:32 pm
that would be cool

Keron Cyst
September 10, 2005, 6:52 pm
Huh, I never thought of a negative reload rate.

Set Chainsaw weapon projectile to 3 (SPAS) and set Speed to -700 xD Some guy at the SoldatMods forum did that.

Meandor
September 11, 2005, 1:52 am
The negative reload does not work because the weapon will end up having infinite ammo. At least in sp.

Dark_Noddy
September 11, 2005, 2:20 am
put dammage to 0 and type to shotgun and speed to like 5000 and U have a respawn tool :D

numgun: I guess dammage 0 high speed and shot type SG gun should work :O

September 11, 2005, 2:30 am
Yeah, im still trying to find a solution for my physcannon dmg... somehow no other bullets have that effect,

mickle89
September 11, 2005, 7:53 am
Can someone make a table or something showing what each variable does for a negative number, 0, and a postive number.

September 11, 2005, 10:26 am
0 is nullified on Law missiles, nades and m79 nades. In short, u can't edit an explosive DMG, or the m2 weap, they;re special.

Keron Cyst
September 11, 2005, 3:45 pm
What, 117? Explosions have a preset damage but the Damage code itself can be altered to a higher # (to possibly have a greater chance of killing multiple in one shot) or negative (for non-lethal). Don't know about the M2...

SPARTAN_III
September 11, 2005, 4:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorThe negative reload does not work because the weapon will end up having infinite ammo. At least in sp.

really? it works fine for me...it just finishes the clip, plays the reload sound, but doesnt reload...

numgun
September 11, 2005, 6:12 pm
how about a booster? (the thing that kicks u forward/backward)

Keron Cyst
September 12, 2005, 4:52 am
I already posted that numgun.

quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst... Set Chainsaw weapon projectile to 3 (SPAS) and set Speed to -700 xD Some guy at the SoldatMods forum did that.

numgun
September 12, 2005, 1:30 pm
oh... but ya didnt explain what it was! : P

Keron Cyst
September 12, 2005, 6:27 pm
I know. Your curiosity is supposed to force you to test it out :-P

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 7:06 pm
I made a LAW mod where it's like Minifurfing, except 100x faster. It's fun having races and stuff.

UltraMagnus
September 15, 2005, 9:40 pm
also, if you set the speed to high enough (say 20000 i think) the recoil can teleport you through terrain

vash763
September 18, 2005, 7:13 am
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=27656

causes the crouch bug, wont let you stab.

Captain Ben
September 19, 2005, 6:10 am
Explosive vests: Set the punch to some eplosive style, then multiply the damage by fifty. When you punch someone, you explode, killing them with you!!

SPARTAN_III
September 19, 2005, 6:53 am
thank you, captain ben. the perfect suicide bomber replacement, since nobody uses a fist as their main weapon.

Captain Ben
September 19, 2005, 11:31 am
Are you serious?!
I just found Reckon's kamikaze thread, and it (Please refrain from swearing)s on my idea.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 19, 2005, 11:39 am
there's a problem tho, when you hit someone with you weapon it explodes to :o

Keron Cyst
September 19, 2005, 6:54 pm
Yeah, I've never liked how Fist and weapon-hitting are classified as the same. Due to that I changed my fist image into the text "Melee" :-P

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 7:56 am
but isnt all these illegal? i mean these all dont enhance your game enjoyment... y do such things? they dont even work online, do they?

ArmadonRK
October 5, 2005, 6:28 pm
You can distribute these as mods, and play online with others on a server running the mods. It's perfectly legal. And they definitely spice up the gaming experience. :D

Keron Cyst
October 5, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by dasilverguybut isnt all these illegal? i mean these all dont enhance your game enjoyment... y do such things? they dont even work online, do they?

They work online and enhance "enjoyment" depending on the weapon mod (heh, very variable) :-P That's the whole point of weapon mods.

vash763
October 6, 2005, 8:19 am
I always use knife for suicide, that way you cant just run around killing everyone, having three weapons.

Its especially fun with predator mode haha yay spawning!