( search forums )
Fullscreen option and Full Map option, plus more.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
AverageJoe
September 11, 2005, 7:29 pm
Hey guys, just dl'ed the editor like 5 mins ago, read the help and looked at all the threads in this board on the forum.

I noticed that you can't run the editor fullscreen, I use 1280x1024 res so this gets annoying. Kinda like trying to do brain surgery while looking through a pinhole if you know what I mean.

Another thing I don't see is an option to see the entire map on the screen. The most simple logic would be have one editing field that can be zoomed really far in and also completely out while being able to edit everything in either scope.

The Gods Clans' server is always full as our weapons mod is popular and the maps turn out to be too small. After fideling with the editor I managed to get some of decent size but I wanted to look at the entire thing and not get clausterphobia.

Just my two cents.

Btw, how do I change the polygon texture? I didn't see anything about it, then again I haven't really looked either.

cooz
September 11, 2005, 7:43 pm
spam:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=23906 - better map editor

and even more spam:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=27046 - if u have any questions about it first read this topic.

mar77a
September 11, 2005, 8:00 pm
Cooz, PW is not good for a bigginer...

Try MapMaker Plus.

cooz
September 11, 2005, 8:11 pm
Mar77a, and why it's not?
It has everething what beginner need...

mar77a
September 11, 2005, 8:44 pm
Because it has lots of functions ad it's not even finished.

Regarding the "full map" option, there's a "Zoom Out" button which after clicked, regulates the zoom with the side scroller beside it.

On the other hand, to change the texture, there's a button at the top called "Load Texture". Textures are located in ...\Soldat\Textures\*

AverageJoe
September 12, 2005, 4:59 am
Yeah after lokking around alot more I found PolyWorks and I like it alot. Much easier than MapMaker (I'm used to Lightwave 3D and UED).

cooz
September 12, 2005, 7:56 am
u see, mar77a you dont know nothing d;

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 12:34 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, cooz.

cooz
September 12, 2005, 1:18 pm
maybe they are but only my opinion is teh right, Lapis Lazuli. (srm)

September 12, 2005, 1:53 pm
OOoh.. cooz, don't push him.

Listen to mar77a and the other veterans, they prolly know more.

And PW isn't good for beginners, cos I'm not even sure how to add sceneries in it... and i'm a beginner OMG!

cooz
September 12, 2005, 2:52 pm
mmm, veterans, mmmm ( 28 > 10000+ ?) wtf, do i need to be veteran to have my own opinion? and does anyone still remember times when (for example) waypoints were stored in different files than maps - i can give you hint: if was before MM released first verison of mapmaker.

and back to case:
and how you found out how to add scenery in mapmaker,
yesss, you have to learn it...
im almost sure you even didnt tried placing scenery in newest ver of PW d;

AverageJoe
September 12, 2005, 5:00 pm
I think PW is very easy, very straightforward.
Some of the controls could have been a little more fluent but it's a much better program than MapMaker. I haven't tried Pro, doesn't seem much different.
The only thing I have been having trouble with is scenery not ligning up to the grid but there is nothing to do about that, unless there is a "snap scenery dimentions" tool I seem to have missed.

thanks for your help guys. :)