( search forums )
Soldat Evolved - Alternate Weapon Set Added
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Michal
September 11, 2005, 7:29 pm
It has been a while since I released a mod, but I think for some of you it was worth the wait.
This mod will eventually be a total replacement of Soldat's graphics and sounds.

I decided it would be better to release the mod piece by piece rather than having completed sections sitting on my hard drive for months.

Alright, I completed a new set of weapon graphics.
I chose to make these weapons since they are some of the most prolific in the world, or I just liked them ;]
I'll still be adding more sets of weapons.
There are no new sounds yet, but I'm working on it...
Feel free to interchange the graphics for the combination you like best :)
[IMAGE]

Extract to your "Soldat/mods" directory, add "-mod EVO" to your Soldat shortcut (in properties)

Alternate Weapons
Thanks to LaughingLlamas for hosting (www.llsc.us)

Well finally I finished the Gostek, it's a very refined version of the original. I tried my best to remove all the possible bugs. This gostek is slightly more visible, and the in-game colours are more true to those selected in the player configuration.
Every Gostek related graphic has been changed, including the ranny images and the parachute.

Here is the original Gostek shown with mine for comparison:
[IMAGE]
Both Gosteks have the exact same colours and configuration, except mine has the cigar :)

Extract to your "Soldat/mods/EVO" directory.

Download
Thanks to LaughingLlamas for hosting (www.llsc.us)

Deleted User
September 11, 2005, 7:36 pm
Beutiful! I've always wanted a mod that made default better/a little different, not one that changed it drastically. I just dont feel like learning how the weapons look like more than once [:-lazy] .

A little dark, but that's better than too light. GJ

/me dowloads

N1nj@
September 11, 2005, 7:42 pm
Love it! I always wanted a nicer version of original soldat gfx <3

It would be nice too if u can enhance the rest of the soldat gfxs :D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 11, 2005, 7:42 pm
Your shading looks really neat. This is what I was going for with the replacement killers mod, but this looks much better. The only thing that looks a tad wierd to me is the saw, just because of the two grey things. Everything that you release looks very good :D

reckon
September 11, 2005, 7:48 pm
Wow, I really really dig this mod.
Its beautiful in its simplicity.
Thumbs up, way up.

damnnation
September 11, 2005, 7:51 pm
i love this, ive been waiting for something like this, basic remake of deafults, but KICKAS.S!

The Geologist
September 11, 2005, 8:06 pm
:O

Very nice job man. Already downloaded and loving it. Shading owns here, very simple and pleasing to the eye.

Rambo_6
September 11, 2005, 8:10 pm
Pwnage mod, if i do say so myself.

Deleted User
September 11, 2005, 8:13 pm
Dayuum. *downloads* Very nice replacement for the originals.

Hoodlum
September 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
Excellent mod!

/download.

papasurf31
September 11, 2005, 9:59 pm
/notices his underwear feels sticky
/decides not to investigate further

Deleted User
September 11, 2005, 10:07 pm
O_o

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 12:59 am
This mod is like so secksy that...I think I just made a mess...

I just found me a new default mod

MisterX
September 12, 2005, 1:10 am
Really nice. The darkish look is also well done :) My only concern is the deagles, they should be much more like silver, whitish, not so gray. But apart form that, sweet :) One of the mods I'll definately try since some time :)

[edit]
And perhaps the Barret looks a bit undetailed, too monotone or so. :)

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 1:48 am
quote:Originally posted by MisterXReally nice. The darkish look is also well done :) My only concern is the deagles, they should be much more like silver, whitish, not so gray. But apart form that, sweet :) One of the mods I'll definately try since some time :)

[edit]
And perhaps the Barret looks a bit undetailed, too monotone or so. :)

Actually, Deagles can be black-gray. They come in black gray or silver for IMI, and many other colors for MR.

Keron Cyst
September 12, 2005, 4:51 am
You put me to shame. Now no one will want my mod xD

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Pwnage mod, if i do say so myself.

Dang, M2's the best by far (so 3D!). BTW it is still "SPAS" (as in capitals); it stands for Special Purpose Assault Shotgun (or something like that; I know it's an acronym tho').

I put my thumb on my index finger when I punch, not underneath :-/

reckon
September 12, 2005, 5:30 am
Well I hope you dont get in fights that often, seems might keen to breaking that way upon impact.

Zero72
September 12, 2005, 6:55 am
Gorgeous. Getting the hell out of this one.

Edit: Most of the weapons look great... ok, all of them look great, but there are a couple I don't particularly like. I definitely love the MP5, Barrett, Minimi and Flamer in particular, but the smaller minigun doesn't quite fit my tastes, and neither does the duller-colored knife.

m00`
September 12, 2005, 9:41 am
yah the knife is too small and the minigun looks smaller than the minimi lolx, very nice mod btw ^^

n00bface
September 12, 2005, 11:09 am
I haven't used a mod in over a year, but I think I shall use this and make it my permanent replacement.

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 11:15 am
better than default in every way possible. then again, most mods are like that.

total ownage. must definitely get.

MisterX
September 12, 2005, 1:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowActually, Deagles can be black-gray. They come in black gray or silver for IMI, and many other colors for MR.
Yea right, I didn't think about this. Well, it won't be hard adjusting it to my own likings anyway :)

ETA Capt. Meisseli
September 12, 2005, 5:56 pm
Nice work Michal. I thougth that you are the Michal. Soldat maker. Though i know now. From a other topic.

What program are you using? How can those weapons be so cool? Damn. I'm just so fu**ed up moder. My mods look (Please refrain from swearing) to that? Any tips?

Btw michal. U are great moder. I have dl this mod. Could someone give me link to other mods mb michal?

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 6:07 pm
Some of the weapons look a bit too blurry in a way, but I like it.

Michal
September 12, 2005, 9:51 pm
quote:BTW it is still "SPAS" (as in capitals); it stands for Special Purpose Assault Shotgun (or something like that; I know it's an acronym tho').
oops, my mistake. Not hard to fix though :P

quote:...but the smaller minigun doesn't quite fit my tastes...
quote:...the minigun looks smaller than the minimi lolx...
Yeah, my minigun is smaller for an interesting reason...
You see, the original Soldat minigun should be named the M134, that's the one used in Predator.(Of course I'm assuming that MM intended to have the predator minigun in Soldat, but I think that's a safe assumption ;]) It's a common mistake to call the Predator minigun the XM214, but the XM214 is actually the smaller 5.56 variant of the M134.

So in the end, I was left with the choice of renaming it to the M134 and making it look more like the original Soldat one, or to base the image off the XM214. I decided to just make it look like the actual XM214, since I'll just make an M-134 in an alternate weapon set.

This is the real xm214 btw [URL]

And here's the M134 from predator (which is much smaller than in Soldat :P) [URL]

STEELIX
September 12, 2005, 10:14 pm
But what aboot the knife? :(

N1nj@
September 12, 2005, 11:40 pm
a bug concerning with the chainsaw, when you look the left side, the chainsaw is placed over the soldier arms, but when you look at the right side, it's normal...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 13, 2005, 2:44 am
You can't fix that unless you change the chainsaw gfx. That is one of things that I would like to be fixed.

N1nj@
September 13, 2005, 3:21 am
but i just looked at the chainsaw-2.bmp, its different from chainsaw.bmp......

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 10:31 am
maybe there's some green pixels in the chainsaw.bmp it makes the ingame weapon incorrectly placed.
nice mod Michal:b

Vagabond
September 13, 2005, 12:09 pm
Great work Michal. Great work.

Nos-D
September 13, 2005, 1:14 pm
OW MA GAWD.
I LOVE IT.
great job with teh spas eh :D.
gj man =)

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 2:09 pm
Very nice mod! I love that sexah dark feeling.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
September 13, 2005, 2:40 pm
Im not gunna change this baby for anyting :d

N1nj@
September 13, 2005, 9:19 pm
Well I would like the chainsaw to be fixed right...so it doesn't change location when you look left/right.

Teh Panda
September 13, 2005, 9:24 pm
Kinda plain, but still awesome.

Michal
September 14, 2005, 12:26 am
I tried to fix the chainsaw, but I couldn't do anything if I wanted to keep the chainsaw's effect.
If it really bothers you, just crop the chainsaw images of excess green and colour in chainsaw-fire green. But then the movement effect is gone :/
quote:But what aboot the knife? :(
Too dull or too small? I think it's pretty bright, and the size is in proportion to the other weapons...
Oh well, I'll have new knives in alternate weapons sets.

MapleSold
September 14, 2005, 2:52 am
Excuse me, but I followed your instrutions, extracting the file to the Mods folder in Soldat. Then I added -mod EVO to the propreties in Shortcut to Soldat. Its targeted to the folder now, sooo....now what? I browsed through the faqs but I can't seem to work it out. I prefer if it someone helped, thanks ;)

Michal
September 14, 2005, 3:25 am
First make sure it has extracted properly, there must be an "EVO" folder in the mods folder.
(soldat\mods\EVO)
Then, make sure the shortcut properties look like this:
[IMAGE]
Of course, change the directory if yours is different.

If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what the problem is...

SPARTAN_III
September 14, 2005, 5:28 pm
make a .bat file. see a topic in modding help called "soldat.exe -mod goatsiehorse" to find out how. it's a sticky.

dowmload this, and extract it into the EVO folder:

[URL]

Belier13
September 14, 2005, 6:19 pm
I WANT A NEW WEAPONS.INI FOR THE MOD

Oh wait i'll make one myself

(Please refrain from swearing)ing good job michal

MapleSold
September 14, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalFirst make sure it has extracted properly, there must be an "EVO" folder in the mods folder.
(soldat\mods\EVO)
Then, make sure the shortcut properties look like this:
[IMAGE]
Of course, change the directory if yours is different.

If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what the problem is...

Here's what I did:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

As you can see, I'm doing something that must be obviously wrong. I'm viewing all this from My Computer, just to let ya know ;)

Michal
September 14, 2005, 9:06 pm
quote:make a .bat file. see a topic in modding help called "soldat.exe -mod goatsiehorse" to find out how. it's a sticky.

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/SoldatEvolved.rar
I wouldn't bother, it's much simpler the regular way...
quote:I WANT A NEW WEAPONS.INI FOR THE MOD

Oh wait i'll make one myself

(Please refrain from swearing)ing good job michal
I'm working on a weapons.ini, I'm about 50% done.
quote:As you can see, I'm doing something that must be obviously wrong. I'm viewing all this from My Computer, just to let ya know ;)
It looks like what you have there is your soldat.exe, not a shortcut.
Right click ---> create shortcut.
Then add -mod EVO like I showed before.

MapleSold
September 14, 2005, 9:30 pm
Oh wow, thanks man, it worked. I tried doing that to the properties in the Soldat shortcut before but I must had typed it wrong -__-

SPARTAN_III
September 15, 2005, 10:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Michalquote:make a .bat file. see a topic in modding help called "soldat.exe -mod goatsiehorse" to find out how. it's a sticky.

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/SoldatEvolved.rar
I wouldn't bother, it's much simpler the regular way...

bat files are really easy too...just dl and see how simple the thing is. i don't understand the shortcut thing, really, because it means if you want to run a different mod, then you must change the properties again...

MOFO NOFO
September 15, 2005, 11:23 am
Nice; but ill stick with mancers mod.

SPARTAN_III
September 16, 2005, 1:23 pm
use this mod with michal's tracer interface = perfect mod.

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 11:56 am
owww, nice mod... but i dont like your deagles :<

i think its 9/10 :)

SPARTAN_III
September 19, 2005, 2:40 pm
on the bow interface pic, why is the arrow bent? it should be straight.

also the knife is kinda skinny

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 3:00 pm
This Mod Looks Cool With The New Weapons But Needed A Little More Shading...
Still Good Job

Michal
September 19, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIon the bow interface pic, why is the arrow bent? it should be straight.

also the knife is kinda skinny

it is not the arrow... I'm not sure what it is, I based it on this pic:http://www.archeryhistory.com/compounds/pics/80/rambo.jpg

...leave the poor knife alone ;d
I'll make alternates anyway.

The Geologist
September 19, 2005, 10:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFONice; but ill stick with mancers mod.

Then why even post here? Sheesh..

Anything you can say about the .ini file prior to release? Wanna know moooorrreeee..

Michal
September 20, 2005, 1:50 am
Well, for the weapons.ini all the weapons ROF and ammo capacity will be as close to the real thing as possible.
As for the damage dealt, I think I'll make it less than default so that battles will be extended. (At the cost of realism though)
I don't want to give away too much, some things might have to change for the sake of balance.

SPARTAN_III
September 20, 2005, 6:05 am
please...make the barret kill in 2 shots...

September 20, 2005, 9:12 am
Nope. Leave it at one, Its better that way. And no spartan, there are people who like barrets out there. And it's a good weap once u know how to use it, u just got camped to often.

Ray.Dyo
September 20, 2005, 8:25 pm
Ahah ! I like this mod, but some weapons are too dark (Deagles, Ak-74).
Continue with same graphics !

Haro1121
September 20, 2005, 8:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michalquote:

it is not the arrow... I'm not sure what it is, I based it on this pic:http://www.archeryhistory.com/compounds/pics/80/rambo.jpg

That would be a flashlight thats on the bow if ur gonna have it on the bow make it work lol jk

Michal
September 20, 2005, 9:42 pm
quote:please...make the barret kill in 2 shots...
quote:Nope. Leave it at one, Its better that way. And no spartan, there are people who like barrets out there. And it's a good weap once u know how to use it, u just got camped to often.
Well, the Barrett, in real life is semi-automatic so in keeping with realism I'll have to make it like that... Of course, damage will be adjusted accordingly.

Haro1121
September 21, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Michalquote:please...make the barret kill in 2 shots...
quote:Nope. Leave it at one, Its better that way. And no spartan, there are people who like barrets out there. And it's a good weap once u know how to use it, u just got camped to often.
Well, the Barrett, in real life is semi-automatic so in keeping with realism I'll have to make it like that... Of course, damage will be adjusted accordingly.

Yeah the Barrett is Semi automatic but one thing about it the recoil on the gun is so huge that its hard to keep the barrel down and still shoot at a semi auto rate thats why its used more at a slower rate of fire

Raptor
September 21, 2005, 3:53 am
This is incredible man... I haven't seen such a mod before...

N1nj@
September 27, 2005, 1:05 am
How is the update/alternate weapons coming along?

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 1:55 am
Very nice Michal, I especialy like the Minimi and minigun. I dont particulary like the flamer though, looks rather odd. Besides that, kudos on a job well done :)

SPARTAN_III
September 29, 2005, 10:55 am
by the way... i think the XM214 is supposed to be called the Microgun instead of the minigun

*cough*[URL]*cough*

0xSilentx0
October 7, 2005, 11:56 pm
This is awesome....This is the first mod Ive ever loved thats based on the normal weapons

RenegadeQwerty
October 11, 2005, 7:52 am
it p00ns its good thx for my new defualt mod man

Kaider
October 16, 2005, 8:34 pm
Oh my god....this rocks.My entire screen is now decorated with your creations.(Tracer interface,and now this)

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 11:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mister AngryThis mod is like so secksy that...I think I just made a mess...

I just found me a new default mod

Seeing that new gostek, I think I just made another mess...

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 12:32 am
Gostek is nice. Plain and simple, no fancy [CENSORED] hanging out from his thighs.

Make a weapons mod! D=

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
November 14, 2005, 12:53 pm
nice mod when you add the sounds and everything you can count on me using it ;}

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 2:39 am
Just wanted to congradulate you Michal on your Gosteks making it into default.

Michal
December 10, 2005, 5:31 am
From reactions I've seen in-game it seems like people either really like it, or don't like it at all :P
Oh well, it was MM's choice :]

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 5:39 am
Yeah although their a little too bright for me and the boots look a little big they're very clean lookin and you can tell well made. Cant wait to see future mods from you.

0xSilentx0
December 10, 2005, 2:12 pm
Wow I still love it....They should make your weapons default too :)

papasurf31
December 11, 2005, 10:08 pm
HOW THE F*CK AM I SUPPOSED TO COMPETE AGAINST THIS SH*T!?

:P

Good Job. In a way, I really like the changes. But in another way, I hate the changes very, very much...

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 10:27 pm
I like the new ones,
and the detail level is nice.

N1nj@
December 12, 2005, 3:21 am
the new updated is a lot better =) tough choice between this mod and papasurf's mod >.<

Zero72
December 12, 2005, 4:08 am
The newly shaded graphics are gorgeous.

As for the gostek, I'd use it with the rest of this mod, but I changed the default back to the original.

Anna
December 19, 2005, 9:33 pm
The new weapons set looks great, with a few tweaks it would be pretty close to perfect :>

System_Decay
December 19, 2005, 11:11 pm
I don't like the new gostek which is why i reverted to old soldat just the fact that the knife doesn't seem to fit the soldat's hands but ohwell it deserves atleast a 9 on 10 good job :)

le-mec
December 26, 2005, 2:03 am
I've made a weapons mod just recently -- and it contains a LOT of stuff from your mod, michal, enough that I would consider it a "variant" of your mod. Anyways, rather than posting a whole new thread and stealing all the limelight, I'll put the link here for people to try out. It has some nice sounds and graphics, all borrowed from other mods, but I think I managed to give all involved parties due credit and links to the original sources.

Here it is:

http://www.moat-dd.com/public_downloads/soldat_xl.zip

John O
January 10, 2006, 6:21 am
well this is my new standard, and the first mod ive used. freaking fantastic! dont really see a reason for a new .ini, but whack away at hte keyboard. by the way, where can i find this "tracer" interface?

the minimi sprite made it my new favorite weapon:)

Michal
January 10, 2006, 9:30 pm
Thanks everyone for the feedback :)
quote:well this is my new standard, and the first mod ive used. freaking fantastic! dont really see a reason for a new .ini, but whack away at hte keyboard. by the way, where can i find this "tracer" interface?

the minimi sprite made it my new favorite weapon:)
I was working on an ini a while ago, but I realized that a few small WM features (realistic mode recoil, selfbink, and other things) would have to be implemented/modified before it would be playable...

Tracer interface is right here.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 9:52 pm
Oh the new ones are just [CENSORED]ing hot. I am in looove.

LUNATIC COW
January 15, 2006, 10:01 pm
I like the alt. set. I think the next thing you need is a configurer!

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 10:05 pm
*drools*

I like it, the looks are excelent, and the white bullets nicely visible.
If you could only make the ingame ruger a bit less thicker(nice bayonet btw)...

papasurf31
January 15, 2006, 11:38 pm
Damn, you're alternate weapon set is very similar to the one I had planned for my mod. I'm gonna need to make some changes now. Oh, and I like them very much, great job as always. I think your barrett replacement has a messed up stock, and your hk-69 is bit fat. But damn, it's going to be difficult to beat this. You should honestly consider asking MM if he would replace the defaults with some of these.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 11:40 pm
Damnit Michal, How many messes do you want me to make :|

I love the update, just wonderful...

GAMEOVER
January 16, 2006, 5:41 am
That new law is the best ive seen so far just awesome!

John O
January 19, 2006, 7:43 pm
jeez laweez:)

i prefer the standard to your regular, but the alt. minimi and mini look swell, to say the least. papsurfs and yours are both so similar, but i prefer this ones standard to papasurf's

good new knife.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 9:35 pm
Awesome! Very nice!