( search forums )
HELP!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
noah402
September 11, 2005, 9:11 pm
Okay so i tried to make a game on my soldat server. I went into the soldat didicated server and got all the stuff set how i wanted it to be, pressed start, game registered in the loby and all that good stuff... SO now i go into the soldat to try to join my own game and see if anyone els will join, but when i clic on it it wont go to my game, I can see my game, i just cant access it. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but by the ping, it has question marks "????" Ive noticed that when i want to join any game i will need to have a ping number in order to join,,, please hlep me. I need to know why i cant join my own games!!!

i am ahab
September 19, 2005, 3:32 pm
ok. easy tiger.

first things first. paragraphs are your friend. as are full stops. if people can read what you're writing they will be more inclined to help.

second. go search. look around the forum for the same problems. basically these questions have been answered more times than people care to answer.

now you've got a server going. fantastic.

then you open soldat and try to join your own server by pressing 'request servers'.

well, you could do that. or you could just type your IP in the 'join server' box. you dont -need- the ping to be a number to join a game. it is just a representation of how long it takes a certain sized packet to invoke a responce from a server. the number is time in microseconds. i think. the ????? ping could be any/all of the following, or something else.
- if you ping yourself, bad stuff happends
- you're behind a firewall
- you're using a router

any of these can prevent soldat from determining the ping to the server in question.

the firewall and router issues can also stop the dedicated server from receiving and making connections to the net, which is what you're trying to do here.

but if you put 127.0.0.0 and the port the server is listening on in the join game boxes and click on join game then you bypass the lobby server/net connection and should be able to access your dedicated server without any firewall and router interference. or try inputting your own ip if that doesnt work for the same result.