( search forums )
(moved)I come back, and Americans are still noobs
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
wood
September 12, 2005, 3:47 pm
So I took a loooong break from soldat. Almost a year, actually.

Half of the reason I left is because my American peers were, for the most part, noobs. I just couldn't take another 13 year old snob telling me how he's been playing this game since 1991 and how barret "pwns your mom".

I recently decided it would be a good time to come back and check things out.

Low and behold - not a damn thing has changed.

My American peers, for the most part, are still witless children who spend more time on their knees then a polish prostitute.
I'd play in the euro servers, but the lag makes it impossible.

Sigh...I miss the OLD days.

Tumultuously Yours,
wood

PS - Hi everybody :)

Belier13
September 12, 2005, 4:00 pm
I completely agree with you, because I pwns your mom

reckon
September 12, 2005, 4:10 pm
Whats your basis on calling us noobs?

wood
September 12, 2005, 4:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonWhats your basis on calling us noobs?

Please re-read.

"for the most part" (twice).

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 5:11 pm
hahah another complaint thread, WELCOME TO THE INTERNETS WOOD!

damn noob.

Belier13
September 12, 2005, 5:12 pm
At least he complains about something else than the weapons

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 5:23 pm
He has his own material :P

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 12, 2005, 6:05 pm
this has to be the smartest americain that every lived.

Europe pwns you all.

wood
September 12, 2005, 6:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNthis has to be the smartest americain that every lived.

Europe pwns you all.

I wouldnt go THAT far.
It just seems as though the average age (and maturity level) of American players is lower than everywhere else.

PS - its can, not cain.

GAMEOVER
September 12, 2005, 6:41 pm
Listen buddy just because a few idiots who happen to be from the USA act like idiots doesnt mean we all do thats like me sayin all europian players suck cus I have an easyer time killing them for some reason (which I do) but in fact some of the best players are from around there so that makes my point irrelevent kinda like yours.

The Geologist
September 12, 2005, 7:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNthis has to be the smartest americain that every lived.

Europe pwns you all.

So full of yourself...you must be better :/

wood
September 12, 2005, 7:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERListen buddy just because a few idiots who happen to be from the USA act like idiots doesnt mean we all do thats like me sayin all europian players suck cus I have an easyer time killing them for some reason (which I do) but in fact some of the best players are from around there so that makes my point irrelevent kinda like yours.

Hey "pal".
1st off, its not just a few idiots. It's a plethora of idiots.
If it were just a few I could manage, but it seems like it's over half of the server's are filled with 12 year olds on powertrips.
ie - "Mah barret is bigger den jooors =X"

Maybe it's just the servers I get low ping on that happen to have a lot of these type of players...who knows.

Just to set the record straight, IM AMERICAN.
If you know me, you know I'm not shy about having pride in my country. I'm going to avoid all the reasons - for fear of getting off topic, but let's just say this "irrelevant point" is not comming from a biased individual.

I wasn't really trying to make a point. I was just venting my frustrations, figuring I wasn't the only one who had this problem.

...meh...

_Mancer_
September 12, 2005, 7:53 pm
" PAL BUDDY CHEIF.. .(Please refrain from swearing)LORD! - Dane Cook "

Wood, I know how you feel. But this wont ever change in soldat. Your just going to have to get used to it

wood
September 12, 2005, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_" PAL BUDDY CHEIF.. .(Please refrain from swearing)LORD! - Dane Cook "

Wood, I know how you feel. But this wont ever change in soldat. Your just going to have to get used to it

I was hoping someone would catch the Dane Cook reference!!!
That guy is soooo funny.

But getting back to topic, yes I know it will never change.
And that makes me a sad wood.

And no one likes sad wood.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 12, 2005, 8:53 pm
Hello wood, it's been a while. This place pretty much sucks now, so you might as well leave for another year. Maybe it will get better.

wood
September 12, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHello wood, it's been a while. This place pretty much sucks now, so you might as well leave for another year. Maybe it will get better.

Yes mike. It has been too long.
If you want to catch up, send me an IM at "itswoodie"
(this applies to everyone)

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
ok bye bye :) and a n00b is someone who is new at something and they dont know much about stuff so i wouldnt really be calling people n00bs who have been playing for about a month :)

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
I find that alot of people that have very good grammer and comprehension of english are often not even American. Dont just make generalizations like this.

Edit: I would have to agree a little though, a good ammount of soldat players are immature and stupid. Alot are American but America is also a big country with alot of people.

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 9:51 pm
So...what you hate me now because I'm American? I'm not 12 years old by the way...

Does this mean you hate yourself too?

STEELIX
September 12, 2005, 10:07 pm
Mmm, you're still as arrogant as you were before...

T-Money
September 12, 2005, 10:18 pm
I just want to ask a quick question here: why is that you make most American players being young a bad thing? Logically, kids should be the ones with more free time to waste on Soldat and other (Please refrain from swearing) like that. I'm not trying to rag on anybody in this forum who's older, that's just my opinion. I agree that it can be annoying sometimes, and that a lot of the kids who play soldat are (OMG) childish, but like it's been said a couple times before, you just gotta learn to deal with it. Many of us are more mature than the majority of the "n00bs" you've played.

Marbire
September 12, 2005, 10:26 pm
[IMAGE]

T-Money
September 12, 2005, 10:29 pm
That's almost as big as mine.

UGK
September 12, 2005, 10:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by woodquote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERListen buddy just because a few idiots who happen to be from the USA act like idiots doesnt mean we all do thats like me sayin all europian players suck cus I have an easyer time killing them for some reason (which I do) but in fact some of the best players are from around there so that makes my point irrelevent kinda like yours.

Hey "pal".
1st off, its not just a few idiots. It's a plethora of idiots.
If it were just a few I could manage, but it seems like it's over half of the server's are filled with 12 year olds on powertrips.
ie - "Mah barret is bigger den jooors =X"

Maybe it's just the servers I get low ping on that happen to have a lot of these type of players...who knows.

Just to set the record straight, IM AMERICAN.
If you know me, you know I'm not shy about having pride in my country. I'm going to avoid all the reasons - for fear of getting off topic, but let's just say this "irrelevant point" is not comming from a biased individual.

I wasn't really trying to make a point. I was just venting my frustrations, figuring I wasn't the only one who had this problem.

...meh...

HEY!

Deleted User
September 12, 2005, 11:22 pm
OMG i pwnzed your m0m, hey wood while i know there are alot of annoying US kids dont stereotype the US, i've met quite a few 12 year olds from other countries, just as annoying :s.

T-Money
September 12, 2005, 11:37 pm
All 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

GAMEOVER
September 13, 2005, 12:00 am
finding anyone under 18 thats completely mature is rare then again theres people above 18 that arent even mature lol..

UGK
September 13, 2005, 12:08 am
quote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Why is everyone piling up on me?nigass

Koon
September 13, 2005, 12:09 am
The majority of Americans are lazy, selfish, arrogant, spoiled, and immature.

And I'm Damn proud to be one!

T-Money
September 13, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Why is everyone piling up on me?nigass

Nigga, im'a put a jihad on you! Be out!

UGK
September 13, 2005, 1:09 am
quote:Originally posted by KoonThe majority of Americans are lazy, selfish, arrogant, spoiled, and immature.

And I'm Damn proud to be one!

You lazy and spoiled brats!

Chakra`
September 13, 2005, 1:21 am
Soldat needs more people like wood, and less people like those posting in this topic.

All aboard the useless opinions train! First and last stop, Alaska.

UGK
September 13, 2005, 1:28 am
yeah it does!^^^

TheRelinquished
September 13, 2005, 1:38 am
I think you're playing with the wrong people, wood. Mind you, I can't speak for everyone, but there's at least one American who knows how to clear a room. ^_^

Try a U13 CTF server sometime. Maybe I could show you a good time.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 2:35 am
quote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Hey! I'm 12 and I play soldat well! I even act politely and not like an immature moron, like some people think all 12-year-olds do. I even make maps!
So please, stop insulting young people and concentrate on the real trouble-makers! The lifeless noobs who have nothing better to do (Not noobs as in new players of course).
Thank you for your time.
~Officer Bulbock

UGK
September 13, 2005, 3:07 am
^^liar u aint not 12 year old. Ill try to post a pic of my self here.

T-Money
September 13, 2005, 3:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbockquote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Hey! I'm 12 and I play soldat well! I even act politely and not like an immature moron, like some people think all 12-year-olds do. I even make maps!
So please, stop insulting young people and concentrate on the real trouble-makers! The lifeless noobs who have nothing better to do (Not noobs as in new players of course).
Thank you for your time.
~Officer Bulbock

It's ok, I was annoying when I was twelve too.

You grow out of it.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 4:40 am
quote:Originally posted by T-Moneyquote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbockquote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Thank you for your time.
~Officer Bulbock

You grow out of it.

You leave me speechless T-Money.

quote:Originally posted by UGK^^liar u aint not 12 year old. Ill try to post a pic of my slef here.

Your slef?
I'll post a picture of myself if thats what you want...

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 4:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Soldat needs more people like wood, and less people like those posting in this topic.

Why, because he uses 'fancy' words?

Chakra`
September 13, 2005, 6:08 am

No, because he paid me five bucks. And he's a nice guy with a stupid topic.

And because everyone who has replied in this topic has contributed NOTHING worth reading that couldn't be done by the subconcious transexual cynical school-dropping c**t (jeff) in the back my of head that foresaw all of this predictable fruitless crap, almost like the ghost of Nostradamus himself crept up to me in my sleep, whispered the results of this topic, then poured a glass of water over my crotch before sneaking away and giving Jeesus a high-five followed by a bizarre hand shake.

"oh my gawd, you anti american racist...thingy."
"what you got anything against kids? who do you think plays games?"
<insert funny picture related to thread>
"omg pwnz0r".

Thus summarises the ironically immature response of this thread. UGK alone posted 4 times, and contributed absolutely f*** all. Today, I lost more of my life skipping over his pointless posts than I do smoking.

The only reasonable response was from The Relenquished, who, like anyone with a brain, gathered the obvious conclusion that he's probably just playing in the wrong places and should maybe try more reccomended servers where the 'good guys' hang out.

As for the rest, instead of posting crap in a crap topic, acknowledge the reality that wood is no doubt one of many who feel compelled to whine about the globally low standards of the Soldat community and it's small quantity of respectable maturity. Stay in the bash pit for your spam-threads, please.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 6:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
No, because he paid me five bucks. And he's a nice guy with a stupid topic.

And because everyone who has replied in this topic has contributed NOTHING worth reading that couldn't be done by the subconcious transexual cynical school-dropping c**t (jeff) in the back my of head that foresaw all of this predictable fruitless crap, almost like the ghost of Nostradamus himself crept up to me in my sleep, whispered the results of this topic, then poured a glass of water over my crotch before sneaking away and giving Jeesus a high-five followed by a bizarre hand shake.

"oh my gawd, you anti american racist...thingy."
"what you got anything against kids? who do you think plays games?"
<insert funny picture related to thread>
"omg pwnz0r".

Thus summarises the ironically immature response of this thread. UGK alone posted 4 times, and contributed absolutely f*** all. Today, I lost more of my life skipping over his pointless posts than I do smoking.

The only reasonable response was from The Relenquished, who, like anyone with a brain, gathered the obvious conclusion that he's probably just playing in the wrong places and should maybe try more reccomended servers where the 'good guys' hang out.

As for the rest, instead of posting crap in a crap topic, acknowledge the reality that wood is no doubt one of many who feel compelled to whine about the globally low standards of the Soldat community and it's small quantity of respectable maturity. Stay in the bash pit for your spam-threads, please.

Aww Chakra', you made me feel bad :'(
Oh well.

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 6:50 am
.../mute?

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 8:14 am
:o sold out of flesh lights or somthing?

Anyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>

GAMEOVER
September 13, 2005, 8:39 am
Chakra spoiled the fun in this topic :(

frogboy
September 13, 2005, 8:50 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeAnyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>
Yeah, I agree. Just a few days ago someone put on a clan tag to piss someone else off, so the guy in the clan said that he would ban the clan-tag stealer from every server, and the clan-tag stealer claimed that he was Michal Mahsarahcas, and he created Soldat and was therefore unbannable.

m00`
September 13, 2005, 8:57 am
hey welcome back wood ^^

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 11:58 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeAnyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>
Yeah, I agree. Just a few days ago someone put on a clan tag to piss someone else off, so the guy in the clan said that he would ban the clan-tag stealer from every server, and the clan-tag stealer claimed that he was Michal Mahsarahcas, and he created Soldat and was therefore unbannable.

Ah yes, I think I remember that.
Was it on a climbing server full of team killers?

frogboy
September 13, 2005, 12:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Ah yes, I think I remember that.
Was it on a climbing server full of team killers?
No, it was on ctf_Maya, probably GA server. I generally don't go to climbing servers.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 12:01 pm
rofl, michal should put a word sensor into soldat, so if somone claims to be Michal Macarina they automatically get kicked from the game lol.

Atleast in australia you dont join a server (during the appropriate hours of the day) and find that ever slot is some guy who doesnt know how to throw their weapon.

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 12:28 pm
Not in your server, but they're plentiful in iinet.

T-Money
September 13, 2005, 12:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbockquote:Originally posted by T-Moneyquote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbockquote:Originally posted by T-MoneyAll 12-year-olds are annoying anyway.

#$#% middle-schoolers...

Thank you for your time.
~Officer Bulbock

You grow out of it.

You leave me speechless T-Money.

I get that a lot. :/

I was just kidding though.

wood
September 13, 2005, 3:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`hey welcome back wood ^^

Thanks for the welcome Moo. Glad to be back.

But seriously, I don't know what I expected when I created this thread. Not necessarily sympathy, but not a flamefest either.

Regardless, I can bash Americans all I want, seeing as though I've been playing soldat since 1994 and all.

.... =D ....

Anyway, I'll have to start looking for some new servers.
Or find away around the god damn QNet anti-comcast bullsh*t so I can hop in a gather and pwn with lag.

Scooter_X
September 13, 2005, 3:16 pm
Yeah. I believe it was stated earlier, U13 is a pretty good server. I notice that most of the immature whiners went to the heavily modded servers where they could unleash a volley of m79 rounds in under a second and "pwn joor mom".

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 3:20 pm
my mummy pwns joo all, she flashes ppl on webcam rofl.

KnOt
September 13, 2005, 4:07 pm
WOOD <3

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 8:07 pm
Let the young americans play Soldat and other games, let them have their MTV and burgers.. as long as they have these hobbies, they hopefuly won't dream about bombing / invading other countries in the real life..

LazehBoi
September 13, 2005, 8:11 pm
I'm pretty sure you see pricks like that in every country, it's just omegahypedoftheuniverse in the U.S.A because it's the center of attention.

The Geologist
September 13, 2005, 8:14 pm
Because we all know any American kid who doesn't play Soldat, watch MTV, or eat burgers automaticaly wants to bomb/invade other counrties. :/ Lord knows they just sit around the house, daydreaming about bombing and killing.

Gimme a break...

Maybe it's just personal experience, but I've found noobness to be an equal opportunity employer

UGK
September 13, 2005, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeAnyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>

HAHAHAH Mahsarahcas! Marcinkowski! freaken noob!

F3nyx
September 13, 2005, 11:42 pm
ZOMG! the other day i was playing soldat and an amerikkkan was like "stfu noob" and i was like "lol noob" and then i went to go dance to crappy techno and stopped brushing my teeth, it was totally sweet... KILL BUSH

Yay for stereotypes! Here's a statistic, which I've calculated after years of getting hit by Barretts and stuff: 90% of Soldat players are a$$holes. Of the remaining 10%, 90% are only polite because they're noobs and haven't caught on yet. Also, this thread needs to die.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 12:04 am
Hahahaha, another biased foreigner.
Hey, guess what. We hate our government, we hate George Bush. WE'RE not the ones who sent our troops down to Iraq, we have no control over that. So stop making assumptions plz.
Oh, and about us being spoiled. WTF do you want us to do? Would you rather kick back and enjoy your life sometimes or just be a work maniac just so you can call yourself "not lazy"?

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoHahahaha, another biased foreigner.
Hey, guess what. We hate our government, we hate George Bush. WE'RE not the ones who sent our troops down to Iraq, we have no control over that. So stop making assumptions plz.
Oh, and about us being spoiled. WTF do you want us to do? Would you rather kick back and enjoy your life sometimes or just be a work maniac just so you can call yourself "not lazy"?

Speak for yourself, you call him biesed (which yes I think he is being) but then you generalize all Americans as hating Bush, if that was realy true then how did he get re'elected smarty?.

And wood stop being stupid, only a small portion of American children play soldat compared to the whole country, and not even all the Americans who play are like that, so stop whining about nothing and go play.

The Geologist
September 14, 2005, 12:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM

Speak for yourself, you call him biesed (which yes I think he is being) but then you generalize all Americans as hating Bush, if that was realy true then how did he get re'elected smarty?.

Because there aren't enough educated voters out there? Perhaps because the state of the American democratic system is..*gasp*..piss poor?

Dumb input = Dumb output

Bush has gotta go.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM

Because there aren't enough educated voters out there? Perhaps because the state of the American democratic system is..*gasp*..piss poor?

Dumb input = Dumb output

Bush has gotta go.

Way to take a small point in my post and spam. To suggest that millions of voters simply voted for bush because they're stupid is just plain uneducated and stupid. And this was'nt even the point of my post, if you wanna argue polotics contact me on Msn or somthing but not in this topic

wood
September 14, 2005, 2:02 am
HAI KNOT <3

quote:Originally posted by ZambinoHahahaha, another biased foreigner.
Hey, guess what. We hate our government, we hate George Bush.

I hope by "WE" you really mean "me and the rest of the minority that voted for that kerry-twit who lost".

It's generalities like that you should avoid making, especially when concerning politics.

But now we are getting off topic.
I didnt want this to turn into a "flame the warmonger americans" thread.
Let's just let it die if no one has anything else to say.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 2:05 am
Americans are just as bad as any other country. We're all idiots together.

Captain Ben
September 14, 2005, 2:14 am
What country do you live in, Wood?

Kazuki
September 14, 2005, 2:49 am
Bah. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those president debates. As much as I'd like to hear your opinions on it, it's just downright unnecessary. We've heard so many of them.

Anyway, hello Wood. I hope it makes you feel good saying that most Americans are noobs, because nothing better is going to come out of it. Are you going to be playing Soldat? I'd like to play with you sometime, for old times' sake. You probably don't remember/know me, but I played with you back when DNAGames was still up.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 3:25 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeAnyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>

HAHAHAH! Its sarcasm! freaken noob!

wood
September 14, 2005, 3:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat country do you live in, Wood?

America.

quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Anyway, hello Wood. I hope it makes you feel good saying that most Americans are noobs, because nothing better is going to come out of it. Are you going to be playing Soldat? I'd like to play with you sometime, for old times' sake. You probably don't remember/know me, but I played with you back when DNAGames was still up.

Yes, it does make me feel good. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. :-P

And yes Kazuki, of course I remember you.
I remember just about everyone I played with. I used to be pretty obsessed with soldat back in the day. Hell I even won the Best American Soldat Player Award like a year or two ago :)

frogboy
September 14, 2005, 3:53 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCequote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeAnyways, if you think the american community is bad; try australia... I bet its worse, most of the top clans here think they are the best in the whole world of soldat >_>

HAHAHAH! Its sarcasm! freaken noob!
No, the guy actually said that he was Michal Mahsarahcas, the "creator of Soldat"

The Geologist
September 14, 2005, 4:01 am
Edit: Spam? Hardly. Yours. Topic dieing. Not worth brain power.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 4:12 am
Ahh who cares about all this, just let me move to antarctica and live alone.

silly Suasag3
September 14, 2005, 5:09 am
well most americans are adicted to soldat there fat mc donals slobs sitting around please dont be offened but 99% of americans are obes.......oh and for that reson americans arnt noobs

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 6:04 am
Well at least we will go to heaven faster :)

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 3:02 pm
It was meant to be a joke, at least in this topic.

I have no intention to discuss politics.. I've met a lot of americans here in CZE and I didn't like a single one, I don't like american lifestyle and I don't like the way they're slowly dismantling the whole world with their arogance and feeling 'We're the best, the chosen ones!'. According to the official statistics most of the europeans have the same opinion as I do, so I'm not the only xxx ( xxx = random insult, which will surely follow my post.. ) here.

There's no point in discussing anything with the 'we did nothing, it's our government and president! we're innocent, poor victims of our own incapability of doing anything apart from enjoying our lifes' guys
You have to change yourselves first, to change the opinion of the rest of the world.

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 14, 2005, 5:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbire[IMAGE]

ahahahahahha

b00stA
September 14, 2005, 6:47 pm
(moved to Lounge)

DeMonIc
September 14, 2005, 7:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu Ten

I have no intention to discuss politics.. I've met a lot of americans here in CZE and I didn't like a single one, I don't like american lifestyle and I don't like the way they're slowly dismantling the whole world with their arogance and feeling 'We're the best, the chosen ones!'. According to the official statistics most of the europeans have the same opinion as I do, so I'm not the only xxx ( xxx = random insult, which will surely follow my post.. ) here.

There's no point in discussing anything with the 'we did nothing, it's our government and president! we're innocent, poor victims of our own incapability of doing anything apart from enjoying our lifes' guys
You have to change yourselves first, to change the opinion of the rest of the world.

Now that this was moved to the lounge, I wish to comment on this one. Now sunshine, I'm sure you're a great and intelligent guy and all, but guess what, Europe has atleast just as many retards as the land cross the Pacific. The thing is, that America's 'image' involves general stupidity. Like most images like that, this one doesn't stand either. It's the people who just go with the masses who think that "zomg america sux the big oneone!". George W. Bush may not be a great president, but you can't go on calling a country retarded and irresponsible just for that. Generalising that, you can't judge a country by a few of it's people.
There are people who try to change things, or think differently. They are the ones who don't appear on international media, because media can't afford showing things like that.

The Geologist
September 14, 2005, 7:43 pm
Progress will never come with people as closed minded and biased as yourself, Lao, on the opposite end of the spectrum. Since you so broadly generalize the actions of the whole country to "they're doing this, they're doing that", I'm sure you've met the whole country, right? You've looked things over enough to know that we all move as one? Like a school of fish? I mean, come on...you wouldn't let your own personal contacts with Americans, which have to measure in the tens or hundreds at the most, bias your opinion towards a country of millions would you? lol..that'd just be silly. Silly and ignorant.

There's a large portion of the country that didn't vote Bush. What can we do since he got in office? Nothing. Simple fact. He's there and our only options as a result are to try elect other officials we actually approve of and cast votes on legislation when possible. The only "victims" in the case, if you could even call them that, are the fools who failed to go out and actually vote. We didn't just sit idly by and let this guy waltz into office by any means. Part of the nation voted him in, and part voted for other people. And because one side had a majority, the whole is incapable by default? Pfft. Your talk of being incapable makes me sick.

This isn't meant to be a discussion. But your attitude is on the level with any overly biased war-mongering American in terms of the blinders you've taken to wearing. Fortunately, I know you don't represent the whole of Europe, and that there are actually some people out there level headed enough to know that every nation has it's share of asshats. I also know you're a fairly informed member of society, and that I can respect...I hope your attitude towards Americans grows enough to achknowledge that there are indeed sections of the country who aren't ignorant, war loving victims of a big bad governemt. I can't say the whole country is innocent...we have a good concentration of people true to the American stereotype and equally proud of it. But for those who don't live the role of the stereotypical American, to be associated with such is both insulting and unrealistic. You're a smart guy, and I believe you know better than that.

Edit: As a side note, I find if quite interesting how a topic originally devoted to the nature of players in a free online game moved onto things like this. :p

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 9:22 pm
Aww, Geologist, I see that you, unlike many others here, have already encountered some education obviously, since your arguments go beyond simple insults.. that is so sweet -)

Well, if you read your last post once again after some time.. and think about it.. and think about what I had written before your last comment.. you will surely come to know why are the americans called the 'nation of alibists' worldwide.

We have a saying in czech, but I'm not sure how to translate it so that it has the original impact.. it's something like
'Those who want [a change.. ] are trying to find solutions, those who don't [want a change.. ] are trying to find reasons'

The point is that a citizen of a democratic country actually has a lot of ways how to change things, how to let other people know about his opinions etc. .. that's what we occasionaly do in Europe.
While you, americans, know pretty well that you're simply one of the strongest countries ( .. and you used to be the ssstrooongessst, but those days are gone, I'm sure you know.. ), so you don't really care about what the rest of the world thinks..

Quality of your education in some respects is comparable with the QoE for example in the Middle East.. most of the american students are unable find for example UK or France on a map, not mentioning that vast majority of americans cannot speak any foreign languages. The general level of your public education is, well.. terrible.
The state of 90% of 'culture' US produce ( movies, music, ... ) is, sorry to say that, disgusting. There are things that belong to the american daily life, but wouldn't pass through law systems of some european countries.. well, enough of this..

All I'm trying to say is, that your country is slowly disintegrating.. creating more and more enemies every day.. and nobody is actually responsible.. it's always the others, the 'bad guys', the ones who either did or didn't something really important.

Once, it was great to have the 'cowboy friends', because they 'fought' the Soviet Union.. these days, the communist threat is nothing compared to the values and 'truths' you want 'us' to accept and believe.

P.S.: I work as a teacher. I'm almost 22.. and I know a lot about sociology and psychology, since both of these sciences belong to my hobbies. Just in case you'd like to tell, what sort of 14 y/o fat, stupid uneducated nerd I am.. I play soldat only for fun whem I'm too tired to do something useful..

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 12:04 am
lol...we're actually almost the same age, seeing as I'm 22. And a stupid, uneducated nerd was hardly the image I had in mind, regardless of what you do with your off time. I was actually considering an education in psychology prior to turning my attentions to geology and earth sciences.

That's an interesting quote you posted..I agree with it more than you realize. Yet for an educator, I'd hoped you would stick to the point of the original posts and, once agin, lay off the healthy over-generalizing you've been doing. Would you like me to start refering to you as "you Czechs", and talking about the actions of "you Europeans", or inferring that you're part of some ambiguous mass without the need for differentiation? As an educator, you should recognize the error of such statements from the get go. Personally, I don't appreciate being told that I don't care about the rest of the world when I very much do. The nation in which I live may not, many of it's people may not...but I do very much. It's a trivial issue, perhaps, but for someone who makes it a point to actively participate in the democratic process, actually tries to change things, and makes it a point to be more knowledgeable and respectful of the rest of the world than your average Joe America, it's mildly annoying if not offensive to be told what I think and how I act. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same.

As much as I feel this is a tangent to the issue, I do agree that the state of the system of education in the states is laughable (in most instances). For those who choose to take advantage of the paths presented to them these institutions can be very rewarding in numberous ways. Unfortunately, the numbers of people willing do carry the burden isn't as high as one may wish for. I'll be the second person on both sides of our family to ever attend graduate school and go after a higher education.

I've actually taken up the habit of turning off the television the past few years - it's been boiled down to false, party oriented news shows, horrible reality television, sex, sports, and little more. It's crap, and I agree with you there. I wish more people would get out and enjoy nature once in a while, for it's more refreshing than any television show.

What are these things that wouldn't pass through the law systems of counties over there, though? I'm quite curious.

On the issue of this nation disintegrating...I'm sad to say I agree that things have been taking a sorry turn for a number of years now. Unjustified police action, US intervention on an international scale in matters economic and sociatal, using false claims and overblown reasons to justify conflict and war, demanding, ranting, and grabbing like a spoiled child. Society is a bitter pill to swallow these days. Yet the piece of fruit that is this country isn't completly rotten. There are plenty of people in this country with a stance against the way things are, who don't simply push responsibility off onto imaginary terrorists or other ficticious characters and in turn place it on those they put in power. Not every American sits around twiddeling their thumbs as the world passes them by.

In short (or in long, after looking over my post :p), there are those looking for solutions instead of reasons.

Whether or not they can do enough in todays state of things is another issue. And as much as they may not agree with the laws or actions of the nation in which they reside, they must abide by them none the less. If myself or those like me could end the police actions in other countries or stop exploitation of foreign labor, I would do in a heartbeat. I've done dirty jobs that people think every American wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. If I could walk over there and tear up documents forcing economic sanctions to make other countries walk our way, I would. But until I gain such power, I'll have to make use of what's available to me via the democratic process and do as much to it's fullest extent. Perhaps once I've completed my education and gone on to gain some world experience in whichever field I settle down, I can return to the states and further spread what knowledge I've gained to chip away at the block of ignorance settling in to this nation.

Anyhoo, this has been interesting. Hope you find it more than the ramblings of another part of the undifferentiaged ego mass known as America.

Chakra`
September 15, 2005, 10:26 am
Whats that Jeff? No jeff, no...I can't do that Jeff. Geologist is still young!

Hmm? what Jeff? You knew this would develop into a discussion of diverse opinions related to the status and culture of america and comparisions to other nations conferred by the few people left capable of rational dialogue? I knew you would ^_^

What Jeff? Oh, yes, i'm glad it turned out this way too. It's far nicer seeing a level of sophisticated means of discussion rather than a steady stream of worthless spam.

Hmm? Oh, No Jeff. No. I'm not going to read it all. -_-

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 7:21 pm
Mmm, interesting, indeed.

I believe, I'm sure there are more americans like you, Geologists. The problems is that 'we' can't see !you' at all. We see happy crowds, people clasping their hands and shouting 'Bush! Bush!' .. we see people eager to wipe moslims out of this world.. we see nation which does not respect any other lifestyle and values except for it's own.

I know that comparing today's USA to the Soviet Union would be too stupid, yet there are some things these countries have in common.

Here, in Europe, most of the movies we can see are american movies. McDoland's fastfood shops are almost at every corner. Many people not only want to be able to speak english, they also want to have an 'american accent' since it's so cool. Everyday we hear how and why we should do this and that because 'they do it like this in the USA!'.. we see your army crushing other nations.. we know you have the power to destroy all the Life on this planet.. we feel we have to protect ourselves from your.. politicians..

There are people who dream about being americans. All they want is to move to your country and live 'american lifes'.. they almost worship the american culture, because it's 'so cool!'.

Can you see what I'm talking about ? What makes you less dangerous than the soviets were ? .. Soviets had guns in their hands, willing to shoot and telling us all what we MUST do.
You have guns as well, but not in your hands. You carry hamburgers, pornograhpy, violence, digusting realisty shows, technologies enabling some people to have full controll over other people.. you tell us what wonderful things we CAN do and have.. you are unconspicious, hidden enemies..

Why am I so afraid of the US ? .. there people for whom the simple disagreement with your culture is not enough. They want to kill, murder, destroy.. 11/9 and stuff.. one day, they will simply cause too much damage.. and on this day, I'm afraid.. you, so self-confident, powerful and ignorant americans, will blow up everthing and everyone, just to show us that 'nobody messes with the yanks, yay!'

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 8:18 pm
I'd love to continue this atm, unfortunaely I have to finish up a report on cobalt mineralization and other related stuff. ;_;

An initial glimpse through your post promises an interesting read. I look forward to it later.

And Jeff...I'm legal ;D

Chakra`
September 15, 2005, 8:52 pm
Lao, you watch far too much tv. Also your opinion is bullsh*t and stereotypical. I like that, 'cos i'm a right cock that enjoys correcting people on their ignorant beliefs, fallacies and choices of garment. Still, kudos to a Elder Scrolls fan.

I never quite understood what appears to be a universal anti-american agenda from some people. It doesn't seem plausible, only stupid.

quote:Can you see what I'm talking about ? What makes you less dangerous than the soviets were ? .. Soviets had guns in their hands, willing to shoot and telling us all what we MUST do.
You have guns as well, but not in your hands. You carry hamburgers, pornograhpy, violence, digusting realisty shows, technologies enabling some people to have full controll over other people.. you tell us what wonderful things we CAN do and have.. you are unconspicious, hidden enemies..

Anyone who 'falls' into american culture and succumbs to it's media on the simple premise that it's 'cool' or a necessary part of their life is nothing but a fool with a child's brain. Anyone who had their country riddled with american forces under questionable reasons finding themselves retalliating through suicide followed with destruction on the innocent as dictated by the warping of their religions is a maniac and a brainwashed idiot to justify it. There is always alternatives for both.

..and then theres us. The guys on the bench watching it all, gathering opinions, trying to see what the hells going on. We curse America for it's massed media and marketing; their personal infection on our world, filling every corner of the world with logos like Coca Cola, putting brand names on our clothes, tv shows highlighting the worst corners of their country then promising a heaven of self indulgence, but it can only be yourself to blame to be overwhelmed by this and consider it a threat or a manipulation on your culture. And to judge America through this, is plain foolish. You have only the smallest concept of American people, culture and politics.

But, in most occasions, hatred or fear is justified. Wars based on revenge, retribution or purification shake us, and a country half filled with inbred rednecks, gangsters popping away at each other across streets, and scary white-only christians all armed with guns ain't a welcoming thought either. But that isn't the whole of the picture, and never will be.

T-Money
September 15, 2005, 10:20 pm
Wow...that's seriously exactly what I was going to say.

EDIT: wtf, cock isn't censored?

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 11:49 am
Yeah, of course it's 'our' own foolishness and problem, we should be interested in you and do our best to find your hidden qualities and understand them.

.. like you guys ever cared about anything apart from your own comfort.

I enjoy discussions with people, who want to and know how to discuss, like Geologist. But I'm not going to argue with you, Chakra, find yourself another 1337 keyboard warrior.

Chakra`
September 16, 2005, 12:15 pm
rarrr

*primal roar*

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 2:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenYeah, of course it's 'our' own foolishness and problem, we should be interested in you and do our best to find your hidden qualities and understand them.

.. like you guys ever cared about anything apart from your own comfort.

I enjoy discussions with people, who want to and know how to discuss, like Geologist. But I'm not going to argue with you, Chakra, find yourself another 1337 keyboard warrior.

You mean you wont argue with him because you know he's right and are afraid to be proved wrong? You humanists are all the same, Wether or not you be in America or overseas. Your arguments are nothing but illogical biast racist anti American Propaganda. The truth is, either you're just plain jelous or scared. America was born from an army of farmers, one of the weekest countrys in the world at that time, and it defeated a super power and went on to become the super power. Deal with it. Like America is actualy going to nuke innocent countrys, unless you plan on putting a bomb somwhere in the U.S or declare war on them you have nothing to worry about. When has the U.S ever leveled a country for no reason? Even in Vietnam we were fighting an enemy, there was no agenda of murdering helpless citizens, and never has been. In short, how would you like it if I generalized your country? Just because I dont feel warm fuzzy feelings towards you, or a few other bad appples from your country should I start a protest against your country? You would obveiously answer no. But yet you turn around and do exactly that to us! You stinking hypocryt. People like you realy disgust me, you have no logical argument and ramble on in circles about anything. All you're after is others to agree with you and make you feel goody goody inside and bash America. "Oh of course it's America, its the super power! blame America! They'll nuke us just because they can!" I mean honestly, get a life. And I know you're going to come back with lines, maybe even paragraphs of useless illogical hypocrytical nonsense, but you know, I dont realy care. I've made my point and now you can stew in your country and worry till you have an ulcer about how evil America is and how they hate everyone.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 3:04 pm
I'm afraid you don't even know the full name of my country, where it is or what is it's capital -))

.. and I'm sure you're an expert on politics, economy and sociology, since you were able to wipe out my arguments with a few primitive insults, which is something only a true american or an experienced specialist can do.

LazehBoi
September 16, 2005, 3:28 pm
You know, I kind of find this funny. I actually assumed Japan was an amazing place of normality a few months ago, from what I was told from various Wapanese (lawl) people and from viewing one side of their culture through another culture. It was untill I actually read about experiences (www.fckedgaijin.com add the u) from people who actually lived there that I found that judging a country through a 'wannabe' country and the very few people you do actually get to meet from said country is very silly.

Also, what the hell, the forums don't like swear words in URLs. Annoying.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 3:35 pm
quote: I'm afraid you don't even know the full name of my country, where it is or what is it's capital -))

.. and I'm sure you're an expert on politics, economy and sociology, since you were able to wipe out my arguments with a few primitive insults, which is something only a true american or an experienced specialist can do.

Typical nonsensical circular arguments from anti-American peoples. I'm surprised you didn't say more, I've heard it all before, you all have the same arguements, guess I must have proved my point well. To address one point you made about me not combating all your nonsense, what I said sums up everything that needed to be discussed, and you know it too, you must, I will not believe you are that stupid. In any event, I won't be posting in this thread any more. I've made my point, to go on would be immature and childish. I would hope you would follow that advice, but I suppose you'll get your pride in the way and act immature and post somthing else that wont do any good.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 3:59 pm
Isn't discussing different opinions the thing forums were made for ?!
.. or were they made for guys like you, who prefer to say 'My opinion is this, and if you disagree, go **** yourself, moron!'.

The second way is typical american way of negotiating with the outer world. The point is, that while people here, who are interested in these things, know actually a lot about the USA and our world as a whole.. you, dear Mr. Field Marshal, have probably only a vague idea about some Europe over the ocean, where stupid people like me live.. some Iraq and Afghanistan, where you sent your boys to kill and die for God knows what and maybe ( in case you attend you history lessons, I'm sure they tell you a lot about brave american soldiers :p ) about some other places in the world, which where bombed by american bombs, invaded by american troops or turned into your great friends via the hamburger culture -))

Honestly, I can see only a few slight differences between a typical soviet teenager from the 70s and a typical american teenager from the beginning of the 21st century :p

LazehBoi
September 16, 2005, 5:41 pm
Yeah. Field Marshal BM literally sent his awesome Army of America Action Figures to Iraq and Afghanistan to fight the 'War on Terrorism'. He also literally said for you to go (Please refrain from swearing) yourself and that your opinion is incorrect. He also called you a moron. He also has friends that he brainwashed from other countries in a great conspiracy that goes all the way to the President codenamed Hamburger Culture(Copyright U.S.A) to do his bidding.

Oh wait.
He didn't!

Chakra`
September 16, 2005, 5:41 pm
I was once waiting at a phone box last year. Some asian or middle eastern fella was in there babbling away in his alien native language. Britain boasts a variety of cultures and to anyone as uneducated in such diversities as myself, they just blend into one.

Anyhow, somehow we got talking after he held the phone for a while. He was a nice guy, middle age, short, his clothing cheap but proudly held. He got talking to me about how he just moved to this country from Iraq with his wife and kids, and how grateful he was to be alive. I asked him a question that haunted everyone at the time.. "are we doing the right thing over there?"

"Yes," he said, "i've been waiting for this to happen for years. I am so grateful for America and Britain attacking Saddam at last. I plan to move back there once this is all over." I wondered if he was lying just to avoid an arguement, but he seemed almost exillerated when he said that. Not the kind of thing you'd forget.

Leo, the point of a discussion is to confront various opinions against one another to achieve a single truth, preferably with the other side submitting to this truth as well. If what you say is true, try to present your 'side of the discussion' with something less obviously biased and judged from stereotypes. Not all yanks spend their Sunday's flipping burgers on the bbq, tossing the occasional one into the air and shooting it with a colt python .557, and then having sex with their daughters/pigs/banjos.

T-Money
September 16, 2005, 5:47 pm
Wow...you say others' perspectives are distrorted, and yet you say there is little difference between a SOVIET teenager from the 70's and a typical American teenager from teh beginning of the 21st. Scary. Now, this is just of the 978 kids at my high school, but the thing I hear most is that the current government is comprised completely of idiots pushed into power by their rich fathers, that American forces are invading far-off countries for no apparent reason whatsoever, and that if we really cared about "the American way of life" we'd spend less money bombing the (Please refrain from swearing) out of other countries and more money on national healthcare, education, law enforcement, etc etc etc. To draw a line between the youth of today's America and the youth of Soviet Russia's is simply idiotic and ignorant.

And American culture spreads easily because it appeals to the baser human instincts of "personal gratification first." It's not our fault that our own culture, albeit rather perverse and disgusting in some aspects, has spanned the globe."

EDIT: talk about being beat to the punch.

Chakra, I don't mean to be confrontational, as I've agreed with your views as of yet...it doesn't matter whether the Iraqi people think we've done the right thing by invading. It was wrong, and there's no way to think of it otherwise. You just can't invade foreign nations for no reason, or reasons that mask ulterior motives and don't actually mean (Please refrain from swearing) anyway.

LazehBoi
September 16, 2005, 5:58 pm
kekeke, I beat Chakra by a second.

Anyway, a few questions about this.
Lao, If your country invaded another for no reason at all, and you didn't actually go to war, or want that war at all, would you be to blame?

How many of the americans that you've seen have blown up your house and murdered your family for no reason at all, and if they actually went to czechoslovakia, doesn't that mean they know that it exists and actually care enough about the rest of the world to pay money (yes, the same money they could be using to BOMB PEOPLE) and visit?

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 7:19 pm
quote: Isn't discussing different opinions the thing forums were made for ?!
.. or were they made for guys like you, who prefer to say 'My opinion is this, and if you disagree, go **** yourself, moron!'.
The second way is typical American way of negotiating with the outer world. The point is, that while people here, who are interested in these things, know actually a lot about the USA and our world as a whole.. you, dear Mr. Field Marshal, have probably only a vague idea about some Europe over the ocean, where stupid people like me live.. some Iraq and Afghanistan, where you sent your boys to kill and die for God knows what and maybe ( in case you attend you history lessons, I'm sure they tell you a lot about brave American soldiers :p ) about some other places in the world, which where bombed by American bombs, invaded by American troops or turned into your great friends via the hamburger culture -))
Honestly, I can see only a few slight differences between a typical soviet teenager from the 70s and a typical American teenager from the beginning of the 21st century :p

I said I would not post again, but in light of the things said directly attacking my character (which I never did to you) I am going to. First off, the forums are for discussing opinions, correct. But they are not meant for bashing other peoples countries with little or no evidence provided. There are rules to these things, you do not simply blurt out utterly ridiculous insults against some ones country with little or no evidence to back up your claims, and I would think you of all people would know this, seeing as you said you are an assistant teacher. And secondly, you say that all Europeans know everything that goes on in the U.S.A and the world: complete garbage. Most of the Europeans that argue against the US have nothing to say but Bush bashing. Now this is not to say that all are like this, because if I said that I would be no better than you in my reasoning.
Third, you say that I know nothing about history, or foreign affairs, assuming that I am a public school misfit who does not pay attention to anything but skateboarding, eating hamburgs, and women. I find this truly, and deeply insulting, and as If that were not enough, you went ahead and added insult to injury, by proceeding to insult me as a person! Calling me a fat illiterate slob who eats hamburgers and waves an American flag knowing nothing of what it means to be an American or the history thereof.
Now, even though you claim to know everything, I would like yo fill you in on some things, assuming you will even take the time to read my argument before preceding to call me a fat slob again.

I live in the U.S, some may say that's obvious, but I want to point out something. Mister "Lao Wu Ten" Never even asked where my current dwelling was, before he proceeded to generalize me as an arrogant illiterate hamburg earing slob. What If I were European? I suppose then I would just be brainwashed huh? It simply disgusts me how "Lao Wu Ten" insults and generalizes people before even beseeching there residence etc. All he can think about is getting to his point of bashing Americans.
The second thing I would like to point out, I am home schooled, that may not mean much to you, but my parents care enough about my future education to take time and help educate. Being home schooled, I am not a brain washed zombie. I have formulated opinions and knowledge that I have gathered on my own, through reading and actually watching the news, and deciding for myself how to take the situation, not believing everything I hear.

While I'm on this point I would like to address another remark made against my character.
It was said that I do not pay attention in history class, and that "they" (I can only assume teachers) tell me of brave American soldiers who died fighting for "gee golly swell old America". This just plain disgusts me, as I have taken a keen interest in History. In fact I would go so far as to say it is my favorite subject. And in it being my favorite, I soak it up whenever I get the chance, I have a very good knowledge of "Europe over there beyond the sea" and its country's etc. And though I may not be able to name every single one and capitol I still have very good knowledge of it.

And to another point, you said a rather disgusting comment about the American military, it is as follows: " I'm sure they tell you a lot about brave American soldiers :p ) about some other places in the world, which where bombed by American bombs, invaded by American troops or turned into your great friends via the hamburger culture -))".
Those "Brave American soldiers" died defending my freedom and in many cases the freedom of other countries. If they had not Europe would almost certainly be in the hands of Nazi Germany, or if we did not come in WW1 it would most likely be the property of the kaiser. These men, who gave their lives defending freedom deserve more than some hothead who thinks just because he's an assistant teacher that he can say whatever he wants about anyone, just because he thinks its true. If you have a problem with our government, or even myself, fine. You talk about that then, but do not under any circumstances criticize the Armed forces of this country who countless times saved small countries much like yours.

And finally, one last point I would like to cover. It was said by Lao Wu Ten that: "Honestly, I can see only a few slight differences between a typical soviet teenager from the 70s and a typical American teenager from the beginning of the 21st century".

This is truly revolting. How can you even compare these two? So first you're insulting All of Americas youth (again), and then you are generalizing two different countries. So now not only have you insulted America, you have insulted every soviet youth from the 70's.
And this is not just my opinion, as evidenced by the above posts many people think so.

On that note, thanks to LazehBoi and Chakra` for backing me on this

Chakra`
September 16, 2005, 7:41 pm
Yeah well, i'm British. You bribed me into backing you for a share in the oil. :D

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 8:00 pm
Just a few facts, mr. Educated.

Since 1993, we have the Czech Rebublic and Slovakia. I may be whatever in your eyes, just not czechoslovak, only czech, please -)

I work as a teacher. Not as an assistant teacher. Thanks.

When I say 'you', or 'you americans', I mean the nation as it acts and as it can be seen, not every single guy over there. Geologist seems to be the only one keen enough to understand that my english may not be perfect, since I am not a native speaker and so that one must use his brain a bit to understand my point, instead of plain searching for a possibility to burn me :p

I didn't need to ask you about your origin, it was more than obvious from your initial reaction.

Of course I can compare you and soviets. I could show you some really interesting recent studies on this topic, if I had the time to re-type them from the books or translate them from the 'alien native languages' ( ooga boogha, Chakra, we also eat kids and hunt mamooths in the non-english speaking countries, I'm sure you know :p ). But that would be just another load of bulls*it for you, probably, so I'm not going to bother -)

I have never called you neither fat, nor slob. And I don't know what 'slob' means, anyway.. sorry :p

I really doubt the USA ever did anything for my country. We saved ourselves after the Soviet Union broke up, after 40+ years of occupation. And this is the crucial point. You have never been occupated and there has never been a real war on your land. You probably cannot understand some things even if you wanted to..

Anyway, I admitt I may have not been right in everything what I wrote, in the terms or generalising some points or not being clear enough in some respects. I remind you, I'm not a native english speaker.. and even though I think the level of my english is above average, I still may make mistakes.

So, to finish it, I'm sorry if I really badly insulted someone personally. I didn't mean to.. internet flamewars do not belong to my hobbies, I prefer discussions. But still, I insist on the main points about the US, which I made -)

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 8:32 pm

Oh no you dont, I cought what you said before you edited it.

quote:
Like I said, I'm not a keyboard warrior.. I'm not insulting anyone, and if you my opinion are insults to you, think about how huge your ego must be..

Obviously nothing I said sunk in. I certainly will not be posting after this, I don't want to waste any more of my time on somone who won't even listen. My Ego has nothing to do with this. But I will not stand by as someone 3000 miles away insults me and my country. If you truly did not mean to insult anyone then I suggest you be carefull with what you say.

quote:I work as a teacher. Not as an assistant teacher. Thanks.

Well thats even worse then, A teacher acting as immature as you are.

quote:
When I say 'you', or 'you americans', I mean the nation as it acts and as it can be seen, not every single guy over there. Geologist seems to be the only one keen enough to understand that my english may not be perfect, since I am not a native speaker and so that one must use his brain a bit to understand my point, instead of plain searching for a possibility to burn me :p

This is one of my main points, and the fact that you still do not get it is just scary. Would you like it if I said the Czechs are all stupid because I dont like their government? Of course not, but you do it with America anyway. I live in America, I am an American citizen, but I am not every American. If the government is doing somthing I dont agree with then I don't want to be generalized with what they are doing. do you understand that? It's insulting, I do not run the government directly, I do not make all the decisions, and millions of others do not either. So stop steriotyping every American. And you may not have perfect english, but you certainly seem to get your points across without a problem. I beleive from what I have seen that you know enough enlgish to make your point without bashing Americans

quote:
I didn't need to ask you about your origin, it was more than obvious from your initial reaction.

I have seen Europeans fight for America like I did. Fhe fact that you assumed only adds to the beleif that you like to generalize people without facts.

quote:Of course I can compare you and soviets. I could show you some really interesting recent studies on this topic, if I had the time to re-type them from the books or translate them from the 'alien native languages' ( ooga boogha, Chakra, we also eat kids and hunt mamooths in the non-english speaking countries, I'm sure you know :p ). But that would be just another load of bulls*it for you, probably, so I'm not going to bother -)

I'm sure that you study only children that fit your steryotipical view of Americans. Just like the media twists their reports to get them across better. And again, the fact that you're saying I would dismiss it without reading it, is revolting. It means that nothing in my last post was truly taken into consideration. I tried to prove to you that I forumulate my own opinions and that I read and listen to other peoples arguments but it obviously did not get through.

quote:I really doubt the USA ever did anything for my country. We saved ourselves after the Soviet Union broke up, after 40+ years of occupation. And this is the crucial point. You have never been occupated and there has never been a real war on your land. You probably cannot understand some things even if you wanted to..

I never said the the US did anything for your country, the only time I said anything about the US and your country in the same sentance was comparing it to other small countries the US has helped before. So far all your arguments have been nothing but hot air and contain no real evidence in them. If you wanna Bash Americans and fight me, then be ready to defend your actions. I do not take harsh words said against me and my country lightly.

quote:
Anyway, I admitt I may have not been right in everything what I wrote, in the terms or generalising some points or not being clear enough in some respects. I remind you, I'm not a native english speaker.. and even though I think the level of my english is above average, I still may make mistakes.

Well aparently my post did do some good. But the point of you bringing up your ability to speak enlgish I beleive is not relivant here, because you can speak it so well. You know what you have been saying and an exscuse like that is not going to cover it. The very fact that you know what the word "Generalizing" means tells me you knew exactly what you were doing. And now just because you met an American who can defend himself you are trying to cover your tail.

quote:
So, to finish it, I'm sorry if I really badly insulted someone personally. I didn't mean to.. internet flamewars do not belong to my hobbies, I prefer discussions. But still, I insist on the main points about the US, which I made -)

Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I can't forgive you. so because you appologized about attacking my Charecter then I forgive you. But I still do want to make you relize that you did insult me personally by generalizing and even saying things about me directly. If internet flamewars do not belong in your hobby then do not start them. In short, I'm glad you appologized for insulting me personally, and I forgive you. But I can also see that you are not going to be open minded to anything but your own opinion so this will be my last post for real this time. I've heard all your arguements, I've said my peace. If you choose to post again and be childish and beat a dead horse thats up to you. But if anyone reads what I said they will relize that I have said my peace and there is no more to say about the subjects brought up.

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 8:59 pm
I see your points, you see my points.. I think it's obvious we cannot be 'friends' -)

Yes, I editted my post, as soon as I realised it was insulting again :p

No, I'm not trying to hide behind any language handicap.. but it's well known fact that many subtle things like sense of humour, being ironic and other are really different in various languages..

If you don't mind, I'll go on talking nonsenses to Geologist or anyone interested in confronting my blind self :p

Chakra`
September 17, 2005, 9:39 am
I don't see your points :|

It just seems like a blame-america attitude. Nothing really solid. Sure, they've done alot of questionable stuff; wars, a subliminal media that gives culture to the weak globally, a variety of despisable stereotypes that do exist, and....hmm, maybe I do see your point.

Still, we can't go generalising a nation for the faults of a few. I have to wonder, what has America actually done to piss you off?

By the way your english is quite fine, and clear to read. I thought all the Wooly Mammoths became extinct after the velvet revolution though? Their furs made your country rich, and now the blood is on your hands. >:|

frogboy
September 17, 2005, 9:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`I have to wonder, what has America actually done to piss you off?
tehy strated a war wit sum coutnry in teh midel eeast n raized gas prises n tehy r fat wit theyr mcdonelds nad fsat food n thy r lasy

DeMonIc
September 17, 2005, 9:20 pm
Reality shows. They made reality shows.

MTV. They made MTV.

Talk shows. They made talk shows.

Those are 3 tough reasons I think :P

LazehBoi
September 17, 2005, 9:27 pm
And if they didn't and America wasn't so popular, all of the wannabe countries would just be worshipping another, possibly even more irritating culture. Whoop dee doo.

FragBait
September 18, 2005, 2:29 am
wood, you have had a break? Why the (Please refrain from swearing) did you not tell me? You are still a member of [SaD] you know.. Break from Soldat is one thing, break from IRC and the clan is another. Contact me asap!

flab
September 18, 2005, 9:52 am
WOOT WOOOOOOOOOOOODEH!!!! <3<3<3<3<3 pls come back! :o(