( search forums )
Chainsaw flamer mod not working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Splinter Cell
September 12, 2005, 9:23 pm
I tried to make a ranged chainsaw that sets ppl on fire, but for some reason, noone over a connection (bots work fine) can kill with it. I can set them on fire and kill them, but I cannot see the flames if they try to burn me with it(Though they claim to be able to see flames on me), and they cannot kill me with it.

Stats for the chainsaw flamer are

Dmg-300 Interval-50 ammo-200 reload-0 speed- 1500 Bullet Style-flame
Startup+bink= 0
Move acc.-1

vash763
September 13, 2005, 3:29 am
You can only see the flames after they hit the ground I believe.

Meandor
September 14, 2005, 3:06 pm
// Some settings for non-standard weapons won't work for example: reload time on stat. gun or grenade for obvious reasons
// Please do not consider weapon mod bugs as normal bugs, they are not priority. This is just the first version of the weapons mods.
// This is more for tweaking than changing the whole game.

From the .ini

Using flames on normal guns doesn't work. Like vash said, they'll only appear after hitting the ground.

SPARTAN_III
September 14, 2005, 4:29 pm
actually meandor, you're half right-they will work, as in the bounced flames will still set a guy alight.

September 15, 2005, 8:30 am
And that is what they call the wall of napalm. I think it's because the flames are moving too fast... the wall slows it down...

SPARTAN_III
September 16, 2005, 6:55 am
no, the flames just dont show up, 117. i made the speed the same s a standard flamer. whoop de doo, NO FLAMES.