( search forums )
How come i cant join online??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Masta
September 12, 2005, 11:26 pm
I cant join online gmes for some reason anyone know why it ays the lobby server isnt responding...

T-Money
September 12, 2005, 11:36 pm
Happens periodically. Try again later.

Masta
September 13, 2005, 1:39 am
k thank you

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 5:24 am
Be sure that your firewall allows Soldat's connections into the other web. Or just turn it completely off.

FliesLikeABrick
September 13, 2005, 1:13 pm
yeah, make sure windows xp firewall isn't doing something stupid

silly Suasag3
September 14, 2005, 5:04 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickyeah, make sure windows xp firewall isn't doing something stupid

f*en hell lol dont repeat what others say oh and maybe cos ur net connetion is so slow that i putts out

FliesLikeABrick
September 14, 2005, 5:12 am
I wasn't repeating something someone else said, many people forget about windows xp's built in firewall. I wanted to clarify that in addition to what zipp0 said, since what he said may have been taken mainly as a reminder to look at the router firewall or any third party software firewall. I was strictly reminding him about the windows firewall.

If me posting something at least a bit useful is stupid, don't post just to flame me for it

silly Suasag3
September 14, 2005, 5:52 am
oh ok well lol i forget about that mines been off for ages....and im not ok he prolly got slow net

GAMEOVER
September 14, 2005, 11:34 am
I play soldat with the xp firewall active everytime and get 0 problems. Although my nades NEVER kill anyone when thrown directly at em :/

i am ahab
September 14, 2005, 2:07 pm
whip crack goes bricks' demon tail!

and the beast was done...

dude don't nail people who're trying to help. its not polite. especially when he's right and you're wrong.

as for the problem problem problem:
masta: go and have a flick through the help section, or search it for 'connection'. there've been lots of these sorts of issues.

you need to systematically rule out:
your net connection (presuming you have one)
your router (presuming you have one)
your pc (presuming you have one)
your software running on your pc (presuming you have one)
and your soldat intallation (presuming you have one)

1st up can you ping the lobby server?
and do you have the selfkill server in your lobby servers.txt?

DT
September 14, 2005, 7:46 pm
I had the same problem... in options in the top center under the server name it was on lan and when i changed the option to internet it worked... for some strange and unknown reason...

Masta
September 14, 2005, 11:21 pm
lol yeha i htink its my fire wall anyone know how to get ot it -.- ....