( search forums )
new game mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
September 12, 2005, 11:34 pm
...most of you r prolly gonna say its a rip from cs - but i thought of it while playing a completely differnet (and pointless) game.

it'd be like free the hostages (fth) in which a team is keeping some hostages keptive somewhere and the other team will have to free them by eliminating the enemy. the hostages could simply just be a bunch of bots that won't move until a 'counter-terrorist' comes in close range to them (at which point they start following you and go behind you depending on which direction ur aiming at...

Vagabond
September 14, 2005, 2:59 pm
But in the two dimensional world of Soldat, I think it will be a bit too easy to nail the hostage.

blackdevil0742
September 14, 2005, 3:07 pm
as good fun as it would be I'll have to say no. Why? Well we do have Infiltration and that's almost the same thing instead of hostages it's one flag... but the concept is the same.

TheFunktopus
September 14, 2005, 4:25 pm
Exactly. This is Infiltration, but with a bot or two tagging along a person instead of a flag. I don't see how that would make it any more different or fun than Infiltration.

numgun
September 14, 2005, 7:02 pm
yeah... but this adds ecxitement: u have to protect the hostage that he would get away safely!

F3nyx
September 14, 2005, 8:15 pm
No. The AI in Soldat is not good at following, and plus the maps would have to be designed very carefully to make sure the "hostages" wouldn't get stuck. Plus the game wouldn't make any sense except in Realistic Mode, since it would be very difficult to sneak the hostages out without being detected.

zyxstand
September 14, 2005, 10:31 pm
...i actually intended this all to be real/survival

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 6:21 am
change the flag goestek into a person, hah im a genious

TheFunktopus
September 15, 2005, 12:14 pm
Then you would have a man riding on your back. I, personally, wouldn't like that. also, I thought flags didn't have gosteks :O

numgun
September 15, 2005, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheFunktopusThen you would have a man riding on your back. I, personally, wouldn't like that. also, I thought flags didn't have gosteks :O

LMAOROFL! ´´man riding on ur back...´´ LOL!!!!111one

lastpatriot
September 16, 2005, 10:33 pm
This has been suggested many times, and I will say...no.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 4:34 pm
thats not gonna work i say No

zyxstand
September 17, 2005, 5:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by sotijathats not gonna work i say No

uhh...yeah...i agree that it is rather hard to code - but that's Michal's problem and if he can't do then he won't. But that's not a reason to vote 'no'...

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 8:44 pm
I'm sure he meant that in terms of gameplay, which is easily true. As stated early in the thread, it'd be too easy to just shoot the hostages when they're escaping. You can't block the way or create diversions very easily in Soldat.