( search forums )
HTF_C1-Rickshaw-Plateau
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 5:12 am
Hi everyone! Its been a little while since my last map, so I'll reveal my new one now.
Its a Hold the flag map, called Rickshaw-Plateau. If you are interested, its the first in my new "Cristine" series that is based on a mountain called, naturally, Mt. Cristine.
Anyway, this map is an extremely large and open, and supposed to be that way, so don't make any comments on adding a new path :)

Anyway, here are a few pics (I'll release the map after I get some feedback):
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

Comments are appreciated ;)

The Geologist
September 13, 2005, 5:46 am
While you said not to comment on an additional path, I'm afraid I'm forced to :/

This map is extremly one sided, in that people with the higher ground may carry a significant advantage over the lower portions of the map. Not terribly good for HTF style play. On a personal note, the map does seem pretty large based on the screenshots, yet without a download it's hard to tell. SEems a bit barren as well..perhaps there are sceneries I'm not seeing? Surely that mountain has something else on it than just rock and a shed ;o

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 10:23 am
it's terrible as HTF -_-
the only good thing is that it could maka a good INF map if there were additional routes.
you should smoothen the polys, add more scenerys and add some bumps, gaps and hills so the map wouldnt be so flat.
nice try.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 8:27 pm
Argh, forget this map. I've got an idea for a much better mountain map anyway. >_<

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 8:56 pm
The shading does look nice, but as The Geologist stated - Bare, only one path, and while it may be good for unbalanced teams, I wouldn't play it on a public server.

Raptor
September 13, 2005, 11:35 pm
Man, this looks more like an INF map. Try adding one more way, that would make the map a little bit better.

Avarax
September 14, 2005, 9:24 am
i like the idea, a huge map with 1 way and no jet, height advantage... it's ok, but not really extraordinary