( search forums )
im such a sellout
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
AerialAssault
September 13, 2005, 5:24 am
i just downloaded Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara...

and i liked it...

help me.

peemonkey
September 13, 2005, 5:39 am
*jams finger in your ear really hard till i here a pop*

The Geologist
September 13, 2005, 5:47 am
"bleeding mascara?"

[spoiler]emo[/spoiler]

AerialAssault
September 13, 2005, 5:48 am
i know, they dont sound emo though. no whining. just screaming.

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 6:07 am
Such a sell out?
Does this relate to your blatant ability to deepthroat?

n00bface
September 13, 2005, 6:11 am
hahahahahah i bet you'd like avenged sevenfold and tool too!!!!!!!!

AerialAssault
September 13, 2005, 6:31 am
i do like Tool. and how dare you compare Tool to modern mainsteam trend (Please refrain from swearing) music. they are the Led Zeppelin of our time.

but for the record, Tool is my favorite band. and i am also a big fan of pink floyd, rolling stones, and led zeppelin, and ACDC.

frogboy
September 13, 2005, 7:13 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultthey are the Led Zeppelin of our time.
Aahahahahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahaha hhaahahahaahahaiksfafoefo aoifka ahahahahalsdlf

n00bface
September 13, 2005, 7:20 am
hahahhahahahhaa
more like led zeppelin is the led zeppelin of our time. how dare you compare led zeppelin to tool. i don't even like led zeppelin, but i can respect them for their talent. the same cannot be said for tool. all tool has going for them are the maynard worshippers who think making maynard their god qualifies as individual thinking, which maynard endorses so much..

The Geologist
September 13, 2005, 7:27 am
Not true..I love Tool 'cause their drummer pwns :o Maynard can blow my let nut.

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 8:16 am
your let nut?

Zero72
September 13, 2005, 9:56 am
Which is a lot like the left nut, only with less F.

Captain RibMan
September 13, 2005, 10:29 am
Comrade Stalin wovld be not zo pleased yov know.

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 11:46 am
Did I mention my friend had a testicle shot off?!

T-Money
September 13, 2005, 12:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti know, they dont sound emo though. no whining. just screaming.

Screamo? Essentially the same.

Vijchtidoodah
September 13, 2005, 7:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti just downloaded Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara...

FALCORE!

LazehBoi
September 13, 2005, 8:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodahquote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti just downloaded Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara...

FALCORE!

more like FAILCORE amirite

mar77a
September 13, 2005, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti do like Tool. and how dare you compare Tool to modern mainsteam trend (Please refrain from swearing) music. they are the Led Zeppelin of our time.

but for the record, Tool is my favorite band. and i am also a big fan of pink floyd, rolling stones, and led zeppelin, and ACDC.

This is what you should have posted:

"Tool is my favorite band. And I am also a big fan of Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and ACDC."

Keep it clean, neat and short.

Famine
September 13, 2005, 8:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeyour let nut?

BAPHOMET'S left nut!

_Mancer_
September 13, 2005, 8:20 pm
ATREYU HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Famine
September 13, 2005, 8:21 pm
shut up, you like NOFX!

damnnation
September 13, 2005, 8:26 pm
Atreyu -Bleeding Hearts good!
and don't forget Poison The Well ;)

mar77a
September 13, 2005, 8:26 pm
NOFX is the best food ever!

Famine
September 13, 2005, 10:26 pm
And don't forget another crappy band with no talent!

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 12:00 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti do like Tool. and how dare you compare Tool to modern mainsteam trend (Please refrain from swearing) music. they are the Led Zeppelin of our time.

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE ANY BAND TO LED ZEPPELIN.

_Mancer_
September 14, 2005, 12:00 am
At least I dont like crappy death metal with no rhythm

Famine
September 14, 2005, 12:15 am
Hahaha, atleast I don't assume anything.

I agree, there are a bunch of brutal/slam/melodic death out there, but the ones I listen to have much more talent than nofx.

wormdundee
September 14, 2005, 12:41 am
Led Zeppelin is my most favouritest band ever. For God's sake, every one of their CD's is like a greatest hits compilation.

I agree with Rambo, I don't know of any band that's as good as Zep. Although I have to say Aerosmith comes close, and I pretty like a lot of the classic rock bands, such as the ones that AA said.

Michal
September 14, 2005, 12:43 am
I like Tool because the music sounds good in my brain.
quote:Maynard can blow my let nut.
I agree, all he does (I think) is lyrics/vocals which I honestly don't care about, he's the reason why the latest album is so delayed :[
Personally, I loathe "classic rock" and I don't see the comparison to led zepellin...

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 1:24 am
quote:Originally posted by MichalI like Tool because the music sounds good in my brain.
I agree, all he does (I think) is lyrics/vocals which I honestly don't care about, he's the reason why the latest album is so delayed :[
Personally, I loathe "classic rock" and I don't see the comparison to led zepellin...

for anyone that knows (Please refrain from swearing) about music. Tool is the modern day led zeppelin. led zeppelin cant be the modern day led zeppelin because they arent still making albums, and they arent all still alive...

" all he does (I think) is lyrics/vocals which I honestly don't care about, he's the reason why the latest album is so delayed :["

if you honestly think that Tool would be anything with any other singer. you sir, are inane. and while adam jones and justin chancellor arent bad musicians, the only memorable band members are maynard and danny because they are exceptionally talented in their respected fields. i challenge any of you to find a better singer or drummer who was around from 1992 to present.

Maynard is the reason Tool is so big. maybe danny is a badass drummer. but its mayanrds voice and lyrics that usually lure people in. there are many obvious similarities between Tool and Led Zeppelin. such as time signatures, "rest" periods in the songs that allow you to soak it all in before they continue, complex rhythm changes, and an "onslaught of changes in dynamics" (wikipedia). to those who dont like Tool. i dont know how much of their material youve heard, but i seriously doubt its more than a couple songs.

Vijchtidoodah
September 14, 2005, 1:38 am
You can't exactly compare its spiritually influenced sounds and lyrics to Led Zeppelin's drug-induced (and faux spirituality) music. Either way, both bands are definitely aural sex.

Edit: Holy (Please refrain from swearing)...I just made a quadruple pun. I WIN AT SCRABBLE!

Captain Ben
September 14, 2005, 2:01 am
I can't say I'm into the heavy stuff (the hardest I get is SOAD- don't laugh :P), but I like to listen to stuff that is catchy and has a good rhythm.

You can all throw faeces at me now.

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 2:24 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahYou can't exactly compare its spiritually influenced sounds and lyrics to Led Zeppelin's drug-induced (and faux spirituality) music. Either way, both bands are definitely aural sex.

Edit: Holy (Please refrain from swearing)...I just made a quadruple pun. I WIN AT SCRABBLE!
are you one to imply Tool's music isnt at all drug-induced? a few of their songs about using halluncenogins (sp?) such as acid to expand your mind and open your proverbial "third eye".

"The third eye is a metaphorical concept referring to the brow chakra in certain Hindu spiritual traditions. In New Age spirituality, the third eye may alternately symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply-personal spiritual or psychological significance." (Wikipedia)

Michal
September 14, 2005, 2:36 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultquote:Originally posted by MichalI like Tool because the music sounds good in my brain.

for anyone that knows (Please refrain from swearing) about music. Tool is the modern day led zeppelin. led zeppelin cant be the modern day led zeppelin because they arent still making albums, and they arent all still alive...

" all he does (I think) is lyrics/vocals which I honestly don't care about, he's the reason why the latest album is so delayed :["

if you honestly think that Tool would be anything with any other singer. you sir, are inane. and while adam jones and justin chancellor arent bad musicians, the only memorable band members are maynard and danny because they are exceptionally talented in their respected fields. i challenge any of you to find a better singer or drummer who was around from 1992 to present.

Maynard is the reason Tool is so big. maybe danny is a badass drummer. but its mayanrds voice and lyrics that usually lure people in. there are many obvious similarities between Tool and Led Zeppelin. such as time signatures, "rest" periods in the songs that allow you to soak it all in before they continue, complex rhythm changes, and an "onslaught of changes in dynamics" (wikipedia). to those who dont like Tool. i dont know how much of their material youve heard, but i seriously doubt its more than a couple songs.

I wasn't saying anyone else could do a better job than Maynard, I meant that I wouldn't mind if there were no vocals at all ;]

It probably is true that Maynard is the reason for the popularity they have, but I'm not the type who is attracted to vocals/lyrics in music so it doesn't matter to me anyway :P
I personally have not listened to much led zepellin, but what I have heard I have disliked.

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 3:12 am
well michal, i suppose i can udnerstand what you are talking about to an extent. some of their songs make some great instrumentals such as schism and H. but i cant imagine why anyone would rather not hear his voice.

n00bface
September 14, 2005, 3:28 am
lol

this thread makes me laugh

aids

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 14, 2005, 3:30 am
The music that I listen to and the mood that I am in coincides. I have to say that Mer de Noms by A Perfect Circle beats any of Tools albums in my opinion though. It is one of the best albums I have ever heard. Don't get me wrong, tool is good. I just can't listen though a whole tool album and enjoy every bit of it. One of the things that I absolutely can't stand is when someone dislikes a band because other people like them. Or, when they like a band only because no one has ever heard of them. It drives my crazy quite honestly. I listen to the things that I listen to because it does something for me. You probably think that all of the music that I listen to sucks, but hey, thats just your opinion. It all depends on the person :P

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 3:58 am
EVERYONE HAS AIDS!

AIDSAIDSAIDSAIDSAIDSAIDSAIDS!

Now stop comparing tool to led zeppelin or i will sic David K on you.

Cookie.
September 14, 2005, 5:32 am
quote:Originally posted by damnnationAtreyu -Bleeding Hearts good!
and don't forget Poison The Well ;)

I like Poison the Well xD

frogboy
September 14, 2005, 6:42 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti challenge any of you to find a better singer or drummer who was around from 1992 to present.
Anaal Nathrakh's drummer is better.

The Geologist
September 14, 2005, 6:53 am
I prefer DVDA.

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 7:25 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulti challenge any of you to find a better singer or drummer who was around from 1992 to present.
Anaal Nathrakh's drummer is better.
Anaal, Lol

vash763
September 14, 2005, 7:28 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_At least I dont like crappy death metal with no rhythm

Mancer I'm with you

I've found myself listening to The Strokes alot (Is This It?).

That and like, Daft Punk.

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 7:28 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixThe music that I listen to and the mood that I am in coincides. I have to say that Mer de Noms by A Perfect Circle beats any of Tools albums in my opinion though. It is one of the best albums I have ever heard. Don't get me wrong, tool is good. I just can't listen though a whole tool album and enjoy every bit of it. One of the things that I absolutely can't stand is when someone dislikes a band because other people like them. Or, when they like a band only because no one has ever heard of them. It drives my crazy quite honestly. I listen to the things that I listen to because it does something for me. You probably think that all of the music that I listen to sucks, but hey, thats just your opinion. It all depends on the person :P
mer de noms is a great album. but Tool and APC are very alike and very different at the same time. APC does have the better guitarist. and their music tends to be softer with shorter songs. and if you can play weak & powerless on your acoustic for a girl, it automatically means sex.

EDIT: woops, double post :/

damnnation
September 14, 2005, 11:44 am
i just got the CD of Atreyu, it pretty good, go get it :D
CALIBAN!!!

?
September 14, 2005, 8:15 pm
I just redownloaded Atom and his package... love...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 14, 2005, 9:03 pm
Weak and powerless is an awesome song. My brother(faulty doorknob) and I are learning magdalena right now. It is one of my favorite songs of all time. One of my favorite bands is Muse. I can listen to all of their albums and enjoy it all the way through. What do you think of them?

Famine
September 14, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:for anyone that knows (Please refrain from swearing) about music. Tool is the modern day led zeppelin.

Yes, sub-par and overrated.

_Mancer_
September 14, 2005, 9:48 pm
i tink led zepelin woud b beter if they had hilary duff she is cool

AerialAssault
September 14, 2005, 9:49 pm
i disagree with you. but technically, overrated doesnt mean bad.

Famine
September 14, 2005, 9:52 pm
Yes, but it doesn't make them good. Also, TOOL breeds the most obnoxious fans, that makes them, as a band, worse. It does not make their music worse though, but I dislike them for both reasons.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 14, 2005, 10:27 pm
I think that most people like bands like TOOL for the "shock-factor". I dont see it shocking however, but I guess some people do.

Famine
September 14, 2005, 10:34 pm
Haha, shock factor?

They listen to it to feel smart.

n00bface
September 14, 2005, 10:51 pm
hahahahha

The Geologist
September 14, 2005, 11:11 pm
Maybe neither of you are right and people listen to them *gasp* for their music? I'll listen to music to feel smart when Stephen Hawking starts to rap.

There's something to be said about the complexity of many of the later beats, something which beats the snot out of monotonous death metal double bass drumming any way you slice it.

n00bface
September 14, 2005, 11:21 pm
http://www.neuroticband.com/videos/2005-09-03-god_machinery_drums.avi

drum recording session for one of my fellow ug friends' band... it's typical DM drumming, doesn't seem monotonous or simple..

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 14, 2005, 11:25 pm
I will tell you that most people that listen or say that they listen to tool dont even know what the songs are about. And, I dont think that tool is shocking at all. I think it is great music that is intelligent. What I am saying is that most people that "like" bands like tool listen to them to be "in that crowd".

n00bface
September 14, 2005, 11:27 pm
Yeah well most people that will listen to the bands I like don't know what the hell they're about either. Because it's in another language. Touche.

Famine
September 14, 2005, 11:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistMaybe neither of you are right and people listen to them *gasp* for their music? I'll listen to music to feel smart when Stephen Hawking starts to rap.

There's something to be said about the complexity of many of the later beats, something which beats the snot out of monotonous death metal double bass drumming any way you slice it.

If I want "beats" i will listen to Otto Von Schirach or something of the sort.

Oh, and using an abundance of metaphors does not make you intelligent.

Hitman
September 15, 2005, 12:06 am
Famine, I find it funny that you continue to slander people's taste in music while ignoring what I had to say in this topic.

I know it may just be an argument about music but I find your attitude appalling. You are one of the few people who disgust me; honestly, I think you're pathetic.

Edit:quote:That and like, Daft Punk.I love Daft Punk. I'm listening to them now. Good music to listen to when you're in a good mood : )

Famine
September 15, 2005, 12:15 am
Oh noes! Go pop an ecstasy, maybe you will feel it more.

I am really tolerant when it comes to taste in music...although it may not seem like it to you, but there are some bands that push my buttons. Tool, CoF, Led Zepplin, and a few others. Not because they make "bad" music, but because they breed horrible fans. I do not hate the music that they make, although I do not enjoy it, but I do hate that these bands just stand by and let the ignorant fans continue. This does not denegrate the music value, to each their own, but it denegrates the band's value. I do not just like "methul" either. Infact, I have a wide variety of music.

I do not care what you think about me, this is the internet, but if you want get offended by my "slander" then go ahead.

quote:Furthermore, you're just being narrow minded and ignorant by refusing to acknowledge that your taste is just one of many and not the only legitimate taste to have.

Yes, I am the ignorant. Who is the real ignorant one. Your music like hardly shows that you have explored the realms of music. I do not ignore all genres, infact I embrace them. I like some more than others, but each on has a redeeming quality.

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 12:16 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface

drum recording session for one of my fellow ug friends' band... it's typical DM drumming, doesn't seem monotonous or simple..

Touche N00beh, I know that not all DM drums are monotonous or simple. If they were I wouldn't listen to the stuff.

quote:Originally posted by Famine
If I want "beats" i will listen to Otto Von Schirach or something of the sort.

Oh, and using an abundance of metaphors does not make you intelligent.

Neither does being so cocky. Where is this abundance of metaphors? Do you even know what a metaphor is? Perhaps the word you're looking for is "analogy"?

One listens to music for many different reasons...I was simply pointing out the fact that people might not listen to music for such a retarded reason as "feeling smart", as you suggested. If you don't want to listen for the beats, that's your choice...but please, pull the stick out of your ass. :/

Famine
September 15, 2005, 12:19 am
quote:If you don't want to listen for the beats, that's your choice...but please, pull the stick out of your ass.

Who said I don't, but I want masters in the field of each genre when I want to hear it. Or atleast someone with enough musical skill to write and execute music.

Hitman
September 15, 2005, 1:01 am
quote: Oh noes! Go pop an ecstasy, maybe you will feel it more. Yeah, and while I do that, you go try pop something you never will.quote:I am really tolerant when it comes to taste in music...although it may not seem like it to you, but there are some bands that push my buttons. Tool, CoF, Led Zepplin, and a few others. Not because they make "bad" music, but because they breed horrible fans. I do not hate the music that they make, although I do not enjoy it, but I do hate that these bands just stand by and let the ignorant fans continue. This does not denegrate the music value, to each their own, but it denegrates the band's value. I do not just like "methul" either. Infact, I have a wide variety of music.What exactly leads you to the conclusion that the fans of the mentioned bands are ignorant? Plus, all you are doing on this forum is a sweeping generalisation. Just because you find that a few of their fans are ignorant doesn't mean you have to attack every single one.quote: Yes, I am the ignorant. Who is the real ignorant one. Your music like hardly shows that you have explored the realms of music. I do not ignore all genres, infact I embrace them. I like some more than others, but each on has a redeeming quality.Sure you do. Stop chatting s**t.

Famine
September 15, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Plus, all you are doing on this forum is a sweeping generalisation.

quote:Sure you do. Stop chatting s**t.

I am not chatting (Please refrain from swearing). I probably listen to more (Please refrain from swearing) than you.

papasurf31
September 15, 2005, 1:39 am
I mostly listen to upbeat stuff, cause I don't like to get depressed by music. Metal is okay, as long as there's no weird goth/death/black/emo-ness mixed into it. I listen to Finch (their old album), occasionally Rage Against the Machines, Fallout Boy, Papa Roach, Hives, FranzF, Bowling for Soup and some Rap/Hip Hop here and there (Black Eyed Peas <3). Hooray for happy music and MTV.

AerialAssault
September 15, 2005, 2:22 am
yeah...hurray...

n00bface
September 15, 2005, 2:38 am
Pff Black-Metal doesn't make you depressed! It is battle music 8)

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 3:50 am
^Amen

T-Money
September 15, 2005, 10:13 pm
Death rock sucks. Just my opinion. I understand some people get really into that, but it's just screaming to me.

papasurf- Bowling for Soup! YESSSSSSS!!!

?
September 15, 2005, 10:20 pm
Threads like this make me hate metal fans even more than I already do :D

Hitman
September 15, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faminequote:Plus, all you are doing on this forum is a sweeping generalisation.

quote:Sure you do. Stop chatting s**t.

I am not chatting (Please refrain from swearing). I probably listen to more (Please refrain from swearing) than you.
Shut up you little b*tch. I was talking more about your claim that you "embrace" different music genres.quote:Originally posted by Famine
Especially when it is (Please refrain from swearing)ty music or stuff you listen to at raves.
I don't see any embracing there.

Famine
September 15, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Shut up you little b*tch. I was talking more about your claim that you "embrace" different music genres.

Because you know exactly what I listen to.

quote:I don't see any embracing there.
By definition, I wouldn't like (Please refrain from swearing)ty music...because it is (Please refrain from swearing)ty. I can find some good in each genre, not each band/dj/artist.

vash763
September 16, 2005, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixWhat do you think of them?

They're pretty good, I like how much thier songs can vary.

quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Edit:quote:That and like, Daft Punk.I love Daft Punk. I'm listening to them now. Good music to listen to when you're in a good mood : )

I know great aren't they?

frogboy
September 16, 2005, 2:00 am
quote:Yeah, and while I do that, you go try pop something you never will.
What. the. (Please refrain from swearing).

n00bface
September 16, 2005, 3:52 am
quote:What. the. (Please refrain from swearing).
I think Hitman was using pop as in 'pop the cherry', ie: losing your virginity. The reason I know this is because I'm a ladies man and I'm so into this sex terminology.

quote:Death rock sucks. Just my opinion. I understand some people get really into that, but it's just screaming to me.
Well, there is no screaming in Death Metal. I guess you can get it confused with screaming, because it isn't a normal vocal style. But since you called it 'Death Rock', I'm guessing you must have confused a hardcore/metalcore band for actual Death Metal seeing as you could not have delved very far into the genre to be calling it Death Rock. Here are some common mixups that give people negative impressions of Death Metal:

Slipknot is Nu-Metal, and angsty.
Avenged Sevenfold is Hardcore, and so are Atreyu.
Lamb of God is Metalcore.

I can understand why people don't like it, and I don't really care, but when people hate it because of an impression given to them by something completely unrelated, then that bugs me a little..

Rambo_6
September 16, 2005, 1:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31 (Black Eyed Peas <3). Hooray for happy music and MTV.

I beleive you mean black-eyed-pise.

As for MTV, you should really think about listening to the Dead Kennedys.

Especially 'MTV Get Off The Air'. That song is awesome.

DeMonIc
September 16, 2005, 4:22 pm
I myself listened to KoRn and SOAD, with some various other new bands (Franz Ferdinand, White Stripes), but recently I got hooked up to AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Guns 'n Roses, Iron Maiden, Sex Pistols, Deep Purple and some Dead Kennedis. I tried to listen to some 'harder' stuff so to speak, but the song I heard (BLACK METAL IST KRIEG) kind of discouraged me from ever touching that stuff again :(

n00bface
September 16, 2005, 4:43 pm
you obviously can't get into black metal listening to BMIK, especially not after listening to nu-metal so long.. i listened to dimmu borgir for like a month before i moved onto anything even remotely close to real BM :o

But I've found that Windir can help. So get Windir. 1184 :o It's not anything like Nargaroth. And it's really great.

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 16, 2005, 9:39 pm
CHILLIS

Hitman
September 17, 2005, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faminequote:Shut up you little b*tch. I was talking more about your claim that you "embrace" different music genres.

Because you know exactly what I listen to.

quote:I don't see any embracing there.
By definition, I wouldn't like (Please refrain from swearing)ty music...because it is (Please refrain from swearing)ty. I can find some good in each genre, not each band/dj/artist.
You're not making any sense.

mar77a
September 17, 2005, 5:48 pm
Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Led Zeppeling, Yes, Genesis.

Famine
September 17, 2005, 5:52 pm
Ahh, the oldest cop out.

Good job Hitman.

The reason I get pissed off is because of the fans attitude. This topic was saying that "atreyu sells-out". It pisses me off, because he feels he is holier than thou, and you hitman, in IRC you would always be like "OMG I hate death metal, it has no rhythm. Listen to something better".

Hitman
September 17, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote: Ahh, the oldest cop out.

Good job Hitman.What? Honestly, to me you weren?t making any sense. If you find good in each genre but not "each band/dj/artist", why are you saying that the music I listen to at Raves is s**t? It's not just one DJ constantly playing in case you didn't know. Plus, most raves have different rooms and each has it's own type of music.quote:The reason I get pissed off is because of the fans attitude. This topic was saying that "atreyu sells-out". It pisses me off, because he feels he is holier than thou, and you hitman, in IRC you would always be like "OMG I hate death metal, it has no rhythm. Listen to something better".I'd like to see a quote to back this up, please. I may have said I think it sucks, but that doesn't mean it sucks as a whole. Each genre has its own musical quality and talent.

Darkslide
September 17, 2005, 6:48 pm
Im Hearing every part of metal from nu to death.
And i can say that metal is the best music u´ll ever hear!
I understand famine, metal has a RYTHM and also the vocalist´s CAN SING (at least the most of them ;-)
I think that the most rapper´s can´t sing and not the metalheads!!

Famine
September 17, 2005, 7:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitmanquote: Ahh, the oldest cop out.

Good job Hitman.What? Honestly, to me you weren?t making any sense. If you find good in each genre but not "each band/dj/artist", why are you saying that the music I listen to at Raves is s**t? It's not just one DJ constantly playing in case you didn't know. Plus, most raves have different rooms and each has it's own type of music.quote:The reason I get pissed off is because of the fans attitude. This topic was saying that "atreyu sells-out". It pisses me off, because he feels he is holier than thou, and you hitman, in IRC you would always be like "OMG I hate death metal, it has no rhythm. Listen to something better".I'd like to see a quote to back this up, please. I may have said I think it sucks, but that doesn't mean it sucks as a whole. Each genre has its own musical quality and talent.

That is what I have been (Please refrain from swearing)ing SAYING! I dont have logs, but whenever someone played "Carcass" or "Entombed", you would lift your nose up and act high and mighty.

Did you even read any of what I wrote?

AerialAssault
September 17, 2005, 11:12 pm
i didnt say atreyu sold out, i said i felt like I was a sellout beacuse i usually listen to progressive rock, classic rock, and some of the rare good modern music such as Tool, A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machie, Deftones, Incubus..etc. but i downloaded an atreyu song and liked it.

Captain Ben
September 18, 2005, 1:50 pm
Hitman, Famine, tsk tsk tsk.
Why don't you two just kiss and make up and then we can all be friends again?!!

OR then again, you could both ignore me and let the verbal beatings continue.

karmazon
September 29, 2005, 12:13 am
yo mama

T-Money
September 29, 2005, 11:08 pm
is fat

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 11:19 pm
This is the biggest group of conceited, pompous, [CENSORED]s spouting self-inflating bull[CENSORED] back and forth.

If you like music, listen to it, if you don't, shut the [CENSORED] up.