( search forums )
Bloody royals, they're giving me the willies!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 6:15 am
As I do every three months, I completed my pilgrimage to Papua New Guinea, only to be greeted with sirens that go off in town, something like 2-3 hours apart, at any time of the day or night.
Why?
Well, after talking to my HM, I doscovered that thanks to PNG's 30th Independance Anniversary, that the Australian Governor General and Princess Anne (from... England?) have been here for a few days before the celebrations.
Being the socialites they are, they're doing an awful lot of travelling to the parliament house, museum, and the PNG Governor General's house. Now this is all hunky doory, I couldn't really care about that, but their MOTHER(Please refrain from swearing)ING sirens won't shut up, and they're giving me the willies.

They're a good 1-1.5 kilometres away from where I am, I can even see the cars as tiny spects, but those sirens are loud enough to make you think that they're right behind you.

Oh, and I'm playing golf this Thursday! :D

The Geologist
September 13, 2005, 6:29 am
I envy your ability to go where you can. Seriously. Yet as for the sirens...I can identify (in a way). When sleeping in on rare occasion, the garbage trucks around here and probably elsewhere have the loudest soudns when they back up. Heard from blocks away..pain the ass to say the least. Similar, and yet not similar..I feel your pain. :/

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 6:42 am
God, I agree!
Bloody garbage trucks! [/grumble]
Anywho, as for going to PNG, it's a good place, but you need to know where to go and how to act. In the next month, my compound of residency is getting a $20,000 electric fence put around on the walls, which are going to clash horribly with the security cameras and razorwire, already their.

Just to emphasize, my friend found his security guard, beheaded in his pool.

Vijchtidoodah
September 13, 2005, 7:34 pm
I have to deal with is fire alarms going off next door every once in a while...

quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Just to emphasize, my friend found his security guard, beheaded in his pool.

Wtf? Is there something going on over there that I don't know about?

Captain Ben
September 14, 2005, 1:57 am
I don't know, some crazy blood feud.

SPARTAN_III
September 16, 2005, 3:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben...PNG's 30th Independance Anniversary...

Image formats have their own celebrations? :P

beheaded, or just had his throat slit?

DeMonIc
September 16, 2005, 4:17 pm
Papua New Guinea...

Beheaded? Can you say 'Ninjas'? :D
Seriously though, are there some natives there that make the safety meters drop or is it the local underworld?

T-Money
September 16, 2005, 5:53 pm
Wow, that's pretty crazy...ooh! ooh! I had a friend who live in Mehico, and he said they found a guy beheaded in an alley...yup. So I guess my friend can kind of relate.

September 16, 2005, 10:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenOh, and I'm playing golf this Thursday! :D

Try and get the highscore!
Also, you might want to look out for that Princess Anne. Her dog may bite your face off.

Captain Ben
September 17, 2005, 5:02 am
Golf got cancelled. We turned up on the same day as the Independence day tournament-thing. Quite fun, becuase if you suck at gold, you can always aggrivate the crocodiles in the lakes :D
Demonic, I'd have to say, it's a bit of both. While I wouldn't say PNG has a mafia out of all things, the organised crime goes as far as selling illegal reproductions of DVD's and marijuana grown in the Highlands. But as for the Natives/locals, they're nice and friendly, but it's not good to get on the wrongside of anyone who carries a machete in their bag.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 9:46 pm
well since i got busted i fell sick whenever there is a cop car around and i FREAK OUT WELL EVER THERE A SIRENS

Rambo_6
September 18, 2005, 9:57 pm
I freak out whenever i see your name in the 'last person posted' slot on every thread.

You have desecrated this holy thread with your infidel gibberish spoken in different tongues! GET OOT!

Captain Ben
September 20, 2005, 3:49 am
BLOODY HULL!