( search forums )
Realistic Mod v1.6
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 2:30 am
I finished making a new total conversion for Soldat, and I need some people to try it out and give me feedback. Most weapons have been tweaked several times, and the two people who have already tried it love it. Please reply if you have questions, and feel free to email me. If you are completely interested in trying it out, email me with "soldat mod" as the topc.

CURRENT VERSION : 1.6

DOWNLOAD IT HERE[URL]Right click and 'save as'/'save target as'

Here are some screens of the weapon menu.

[IMAGE]

Things I changed in the game: New sounds for almost every weapon, new gfx for almost every weapon, completely re-thought and re-designed weapons. This mod is made specifically for players and fans of Soldat in realistic mode. I changed support weapons to work like support weapons, rifles to work like rifles, and sub machine guns to work like sub machine guns. You shouldn't be able to run and fire accurately with a support weapon or sniper rifle etc.

I took screens of the seperate guns with the soldier holding them, to give you a better look at the in-game gfx. again, refrain from criticisms befor asking to try this mod, as these are the best quality screens i can get. (The G3A3 has been changed to the USAS, which is visible in-game, just not in this shot.)

[IMAGE]

Here is a breif list and description of the new weapons i have incorporated into this mod:

Dual Mk-23s
-semi-automatic .45 caliber clip-loaded pistols, with 12 round magazine.
-differences from dual desert eagles: faster rate of fire, lower damage, larger magazine, higher accuracy.

P90 Personal Defense Weapon
-automatic sub-machinegun with 5.72 mm rounds, 50 round top-loaded clip.
-differences from MP5: faster rate of fire, lower damage, larger magazine, higher accuracy but larger noticable recoil.

USAS
-automatic 12 guage shotgun, 20 shell drum magazine.
-differences from AK-74: a shotgun, more recoil, smaller magazine.

M8 Carbine
-automatic carbine with 5.56 mm rounds, 30 round magazine. standard issue assault rifle.
-differences from AUG: less accurate, higher damage.

M1
-semi-automatic tactical shotgun with 12 gauge shells, 6 shell internal magazine.
-differences from SPAS: higher rate of fire (not a pump shotgun), smaller magazine.

M203
-single fire 40 mm grenade launcher, 1 round.
-differences from M79: higher rate of fire, faster bullet speed.

M24
-semi-automatic rifle, 7.62 mm rounds, 6 round internal magazine.
-differences from Ruger: higher damage, larger magazine, slower rate of fire, higher accuracy/bullet speed.

MSG90
-semi-automatic rifle, 7.62 mm rounds, 10 round magazine.
-differences from M82: much lower damage, faster rate of fire, more recoil.

M249 SAW
-original weapon from game with differences: 100 round box, less accuracy especially when moving, higher recoil.

M60
-automatic support weapon, 7.62 mm rounds, 100 round box magazine.
-differences from minigun: MUCH lower rate of fire, higher per-round damage, lower accuracy.

All of the above weapons also have altered reload periods, sound effects, and gfx.

My main reason for posting is for willing people to contact me, test the mod, and tell me what they think about the weapon balance. PLEASE do not read how i balanced the weapons above and assume it's done horribly until you try for yourself. You really need to be used to the feel of the mod in order to make a true decision on what you believe should be edited.

Thanks to everyone who has given positive feedback from what they've seen here. If you are not among them, please remove your post, play the mod, and re-post some educated feedback befor you call me stupid, slow, retarded, or a horrible mod maker.

DEFINITE CHANGES IN NEXT RELEASE:

*accepting other ideas at the moment, please try the mod befor asking*

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 2:59 am
You might have slightly misunderstood me when i said to repost it later.

I meant when you had all the pics modded and finished... :P

Some of those interface images need work.

ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 3:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 You might have slightly misunderstood me when i said to repost it later.

I meant when you had all the pics modded and finished... :P

Some of those interface images need work.
meh, u do them then :p hehe... what do u think needs more work? i'll fix 'em up

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 4:06 am
Some of the guns lack consistency, meaning they aren't all proportionate. (ie gun 7 is too small, etc.)

The shading/coloring of the guns will need work. Some of them look like they could use work in that department.

Some of the guns need outlining to define them better... And that about sums it up.

ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 4:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Some of the guns lack consistency, meaning they aren't all proportionate. (ie gun 7 is too small, etc.)

The shading/coloring of the guns will need work. Some of them look like they could use work in that department.

Some of the guns need outlining to define them better... And that about sums it up.
well, they're all outlined... the m203 is actually a pretty good size (and it is the only gun mis-proportioned at all), i need to make its barrel a bit longer though, that'll b out soon. Anyways, enough talk about how it looks, this must honestly atleast be decent enough for a few people to finally want to give it a try and leave me some feedback on the actual weapons and sounds :)

SPARTAN_III
September 14, 2005, 6:14 am
looks halfway decent now, but that USAS dont look like a USAS, iit looks like a HK G3.

there is no such thing as an M8, it is an XM8, and furtheremore, it is not green, it is either black or tan, from pictures i've seen. mod the secondaries for god's sake.

gameplay, to me, does not count as much as looks, since anyone here can tweak a few values. however, not everyone can make good looking detailed guns. you didn't change the minimi either.

September 14, 2005, 8:05 am
Actually... urm... spartan's kinda right... but it's way better than the originals. keep at it and u should have a pretty good mod.

Real
September 14, 2005, 12:25 pm
seems as if your descriptions were based off of counterstrike XD

ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 12:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIlooks halfway decent now, but that USAS dont look like a USAS, iit looks like a HK G3.

there is no such thing as an M8, it is an XM8, and furtheremore, it is not green, it is either black or tan, from pictures i've seen. mod the secondaries for god's sake.

gameplay, to me, does not count as much as looks, since anyone here can tweak a few values. however, not everyone can make good looking detailed guns. you didn't change the minimi either.
it will be the M8 when it is released in the near future... this is a trivial issue.

Anyways, enough about the gfx everyone, unless theres something i did wrong with a weapon (like the USAS). I would really appreciate comments on the gameplay and sfx of the mod at this moment, i've already had pages and pages of this, don't ruin it again for me, i've honestly been trying and will continue too, and i've been getting nothing but people saying the mod sucks when they haven't played it. It is a graphical, sfx, and gameplay mod, and i want it to be treated as such. Those of you who enjoy grphical, sfx, and gameplay mods give her a run for me, and tell me what you think. If i get more comments on how the pictures suck, i'll end up assuming that the mod is perfect besides that fact, and sinse nobodys tried it and had fun, i assume nobody cares if it's improved. Please dl and try this mod, i've put tonnes of effort into it and it would be greatly appreciated :)

quote:Originally posted by Realseems as if your descriptions were based off of counterstrike XD
no, not at all. you wouldn't understand how much i disliked CS :p

EDIT: USAS has been fixed for menu, will be out in next release.

SPARTAN_III
September 14, 2005, 4:08 pm
at the moment, it is experimental, and should be named as such

longrifle? i've heard of many weapon types, but never longrifle...

ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 6:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIat the moment, it is experimental, and should be named as such

longrifle? i've heard of many weapon types, but never longrifle...
longrifle is a term commonly used by members of the military and law inforcement agencies to describe a weapon used as a sniper rifle.

Also, it is not "experimental." This is a finished mod that will be improved and updated ;) Soldat isn't experemental, and it's still being improved :p I think you're just trying your best to fight with me-You could try to be less condescending, it just sounds like you're trying to fight with me about anything you can :p

P.S. have you tried it yet?

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 7:26 pm
the M8 carbine and M24 longrifle are both GREEN. is that realistic? i don't think so.

ravenguard
September 14, 2005, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHthe M8 carbine and M24 longrifle are both GREEN. is that realistic? i don't think so.
the m8 has a green variant in real life, thats the cool part about it. Many military m24s also have a dark green fibre chassis... it wouldn't be there if it wasnt possible... even if thats not enough for you, whats gonna stop an experianced member of JTF2 or the Green Barets from colouring and camoflauging their weapons the way they want?

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 10:08 pm
...yes, but...NEON green? Anyway, I think the only gun that you shouldn't massively redo it the H&K MSG90.

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 11:25 pm
If you don't mind ravenguard, when i get the time can i refurbish your interface guns?

ravenguard
September 15, 2005, 1:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 If you don't mind ravenguard, when i get the time can i refurbish your interface guns?
ofcourse :), i just can't promise i'll like them or use them :p but if you want i have nothing against it.

quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCow...yes, but...NEON green? Anyway, I think the only gun that you shouldn't massively redo it the H&K MSG90.
so you've tried the mod and this is what you think?

SPARTAN_III
September 15, 2005, 6:16 am
quote:Originally posted by ravenguard
Also, it is not "experimental." This is a finished mod that will be improved and updated ;) Soldat isn't experemental, and it's still being improved :p I think you're just trying your best to fight with me-You could try to be less condescending, it just sounds like you're trying to fight with me about anything you can :p

forgive me if i don't understand what the hell you're on about. the XM8 is currently under the designation of XM8, so it should be called the XM8 in the mod. just like there is no "M29 OICW" it is "XM29 OICW"

regardless...that can be easily fixed...onto some more comments...

the P90 had some outlining issues on the buttstock, fix that. also, the fron part looks a little bent.

show me a picture of a green XM8 and i will believe you.

the M1 shotgun has some outlining problems on the buttstock, and the stock itself looks very blurry.

use a darker, less flourescent green fo the M24 longrifle.

the M203 would look better as a mounted weapon, instead of the standalone firearm version.

mod the minimi for god's sake

the M60 looks a little too thin, and had some issues with outlining

did you mod the law at all apart from the name?

ravenguard
September 15, 2005, 12:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIquote:Originally posted by ravenguard

forgive me if i don't understand what the hell you're on about. the XM8 is currently under the designation of XM8, so it should be called the XM8 in the mod. just like there is no "M29 OICW" it is "XM29 OICW"

regardless...that can be easily fixed...onto some more comments...

the P90 had some outlining issues on the buttstock, fix that. also, the fron part looks a little bent.

show me a picture of a green XM8 and i will believe you.

the M1 shotgun has some outlining problems on the buttstock, and the stock itself looks very blurry.

use a darker, less flourescent green fo the M24 longrifle.

the M203 would look better as a mounted weapon, instead of the standalone firearm version.

mod the minimi for god's sake

the M60 looks a little too thin, and had some issues with outlining

did you mod the law at all apart from the name?
the m60 looks fine, go look at a picture. oh, and, have you tried the mod?

September 15, 2005, 2:08 pm
longrifle=pwn....

But the m60 looks odd, now that i look harder... its at an angle...

ravenguard
September 15, 2005, 10:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117longrifle=pwn....

But the m60 looks odd, now that i look harder... its at an angle...
lol thanks, but the m60 is straight.. i can see it pixel for pixel zoomed in with paint :)

Giantarm
September 16, 2005, 1:51 am
INteresting weapon pictures.

Messiah
September 16, 2005, 2:37 am
There pretty good, but i think if you added some more detail theyd look great, i love the socom ;)And deagles look pretty good, if they were longer theyd look better in my opinon, but other then that its pretty good just needs some detail

SPARTAN_III
September 16, 2005, 6:21 am
i dont care so much about realism as whether or not the weapons look good. that's why i dont like the XM8 colour, because everybody else will see it in a bush and you will not. the m60 looks way too thin, especially the barrel, chck out the m60 in the militias reborn mod or something.

i quite like the MSG90, nice shade of gray.

the ingame XM8 is waaay toooo big.

in fact, i think you're the frst person to have changed my mind about a mod that i have previously decided is bad.

ravenguard
September 17, 2005, 3:51 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIi dont care so much about realism as whether or not the weapons look good. that's why i dont like the XM8 colour, because everybody else will see it in a bush and you will not. the m60 looks way too thin, especially the barrel, chck out the m60 in the militias reborn mod or something.

i quite like the MSG90, nice shade of gray.

the ingame XM8 is waaay toooo big.

in fact, i think you're the frst person to have changed my mind about a mod that i have previously decided is bad.
OH MY GOD! :P i can't believe it lol... thanks for finally giving it a chance! :P u would have saved me a lot of pissyness if you just did that in the first place lol. Anyways, i am gonna be editing the m8 colours. it'll still be green, but more of a greyish dark green... it's a bit too lime coloured. I don't think i'll change the m60, because looking at the specific reference pictures i used it seems fine to me, but if you want to make me a gfx and let me see if it looks better that way, then i'd be happy to use it. I appreciate you giving it a try :) how did you like the weapon balance?

SPARTAN_III
September 18, 2005, 2:58 am
check out something like michal's m60 (not the game maker michal, the other one) that looks like a good m60.make yours like that and it will be great. are you going to mod the minimi or not?

as i said before, its much better to make the m203 an underbarrel weap, not a standalone.

i can do interfaces. (interface bars, not interface guns)

ravenguard
September 18, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIcheck out something like michal's m60 (not the game maker michal, the other one) that looks like a good m60.make yours like that and it will be great. are you going to mod the minimi or not?

as i said before, its much better to make the m203 an underbarrel weap, not a standalone.

i can do interfaces. (interface bars, not interface guns)
alright, i'll go check it out. I probably will eventually mod the m249, but i dont think its the most important thing, because it's essentially the same weapon. If you want to try making me an interface, u can go ahead, and i'll check it out. like i said befor though, i'm not guaranteeing it'll be released with the mod though. I'll likely do my own interface shortly... i used to have a really awesome one but i lost it when my computer was reformatted and my friends didn't play soldat anymore so they got rid of it. O well, i guess i'll just do it again ;)

SPARTAN_III
September 19, 2005, 5:08 am
what do you want the int to be based on? and what colors?

you should still mod the M249, because not modding it is like me making a CS mod and saying "liek omgz i dont hav to mod teh styer aug becaus counterstrike alredy has a steyraug!!"

michal's m60 is on www.soldatmods.tk

by the way, i found a gun that might fit well into your mod, since the theme is realistic/military and whatnot.

[IMAGE]

i chose it because it has camouflage :P

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 3:39 pm
nice waepon pictures

ravenguard
September 19, 2005, 8:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIwhat do you want the int to be based on? and what colors?

you should still mod the M249, because not modding it is like me making a CS mod and saying "liek omgz i dont hav to mod teh styer aug becaus counterstrike alredy has a steyraug!!"

michal's m60 is on www.soldatmods.tk

by the way, i found a gun that might fit well into your mod, since the theme is realistic/military and whatnot.

[IMAGE]

i chose it because it has camouflage :P
its an alright gun, but i don't like the pistol grip idea. I'm fine with the m24 :p if green barets and ghost recon can get away with putting camo on it, i don't see why i can't :p

i can't find that m60 either.

SPARTAN_III
September 20, 2005, 5:54 am
then here is a pic of the M60

[IMAGE]

it was under weaponskins -> FN Minimi.

and i dont want to be rude, but i find that m60 much better than yours.

by the way, for future screenshots, please use .png as it is much smaller than bmp without sacrificing quality

EDIT: where it says "the 2 people who have tried this mod love it" change that to "the 3 people." i love your sfx. however your m24 ingame gfx looks like a watergun.

OMG i understand the neon green of the m24 now!!! its las vegas camo!!!

Eoi
September 28, 2005, 12:53 pm
I like this mod, I am judging this by the pictures though. I can't download it because:
1. I'm at school
2. I'm making a mod at the moment, so I dont want more than 2 soldat folders.

The XM8 (M8) has a green variant, ghost recon for example (I think thats the right gun)
Would be nice if you changes the LAW into an RPG or something.

The chainsaw needs changing, soldiers dont charge at the enemy with chainsaws.
I find it hard to mod the chainsaw because it is a wierd gun, but for my mod which is semi-simliar I am using a tazer, which would be appropriate for this mod.

The graphics for the guns are awesome to my standards. Then again people dont really like my products.

As long as the rest of the mod is as good as the gfx i think you've got a good mod there.
It might be better with a bigger grenade launcher though, try an M4A1 with grenade launcher attachment.

On second though, judging by your in-game screenies it would be better if you dimmed the M8 slightly (i believe its called M8). If it was the green on your gun choosing screen it wuold be great.

Sorry I can't test the mod, but well done anyway.

Good luck

SPARTAN_III
September 28, 2005, 2:08 pm
chainsaws arent hard to mod with the introduction of weapons.ini

do you ever use your mods folder? because then you can have multiple mods with one soldat folder only.

ravenguard
October 2, 2005, 1:21 am
Good news everyone... i'll be starting a new mod soon. It is now my goal to make the stupidest mod of all time, cause if there's one thing i like more than making something realistic, its making it halarious. If anybody has any good ideas for stupid and silly weapons let me know with a private message so we don't get off topic in this thread. I plan to edit the gfx, sfx, and edit weapons.ini also, to COMPLETELY revamp how the game works and hopefully get some laughs too.

SPARTAN_III
October 3, 2005, 2:15 am
oh well, i never download silly mods. not my style, i refer something more game-based, like a UT2K4 mod.