( search forums )
ctf_Crashed & ctf_Chernobyl
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 3:53 am
Why on earth were these 2 maps removed from Soldat 1.3?

_Mancer_
September 14, 2005, 4:25 am
Crashed was a good map, cheronobyl was OK but not great. WHY!!

Chakra`
September 14, 2005, 4:38 am
Dunno guv... I liked 'em both. No one else seemed to though :|

Kazuki
September 14, 2005, 4:40 am
I didn't like Chernobyl much. It was too spray-friendly. =| Crashed was alright, though. I honestly don't know why it was taken out.

Scooter_X
September 14, 2005, 4:41 am
Oh, I hadnt even noticed that they had been ripped out. Bummer. I rather enjoyed those two...

peemonkey
September 14, 2005, 4:48 am
storm kicked ass, good thing i still gots it, it was my fav map :(

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 5:04 am
Yeh I didnt notice they were gone, I only just noticed when I went to put ctf_Crashed on my server :(

BRING BACK CHERNOBYL!

F3nyx
September 14, 2005, 5:21 am
Chernobyl was pretty cool, though a bit of a spamfest on the low route, plus it had the neat gimmick of the "radioactivity". For some reason I never liked Crashed... maybe just cause it's a really bland map. I'd vote to bring back Chernobyl and drop Crashed.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 5:34 am
quote:BRING BACK CHERNOBYL!

I second that. I liked both of 'em (though there is a lot of spraying down low in Chernobyl. But it still rocked!).

silly Suasag3
September 14, 2005, 5:50 am
there gone? whoa i didnt know lol well,..............why take them out they are like the best ctfs ahhhhhh i even liked the spraying noobs

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 5:56 am
everyone PM michal 10 times asking for chernobyl and crashed back in the next patch! :D

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 8:09 am
lol thats a quiuck way to get banned

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 11:09 am
ctf_Chernobyl was removed because of the issues it causes with some graphics cards. Sceneries over 256x256 pixels (I think) don't display properly and crop at those limits. You can ask Spyder about this if you want more info.

I think ctf_Crashed was very buggy and not up to official map standards. Not too sure though, I may be mistaken.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 11:11 am
ctf_Crashed doesnt seem buggy at all, ive had it running on my server for ages O.o

DeMonIc
September 14, 2005, 2:37 pm
Crashed was ugly, and it had some major bugs with the spawn placements.

Nukem
September 14, 2005, 3:38 pm
both of them sucked for 3on3 cws...

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 4:19 pm
I liked both...Crashed alot more though...I wish they would remake/reedit Crashed and put it in the patch...Chernobyl I dont mind but it would be a nice addition

Rune
September 14, 2005, 7:20 pm
Crashed was horrible, ugly and camp-friendly.

Michal
September 14, 2005, 8:39 pm
I didn't like crashed, it was too long and boring and the spawns were placed badly.
Chernobyl was fun, though I understand the graphics issues...

Avarax
September 14, 2005, 8:40 pm
good choice MM.

Boxo
September 14, 2005, 8:45 pm
Crashed could've been made good with just a little tweaking. I really like that map, the spawnpoints are the only problem. IMO it's pretty nice looking, too.

Chernobyl wasn't that great, though.

N1nj@
September 14, 2005, 9:23 pm
ya BURN Chernobyl!!! XD

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 9:59 pm
I despise Chernobyl. The lower path was always spammed with auto spraying nublets and 1-2 campers blind shooting usually making 1-2 kills every shot or two. Top was nice for sky battles, although in pubs you always have 2-3 campers. I just dont like navigating through it.

Crashed is alright...spawn placement indeed sucks and not too newbie freindly with the giant pit fall when theres an efc there. I dont mind playing on crashed, it can be rather fun - but chernobyl, must BURN!!

UGK
September 14, 2005, 10:44 pm
Chernobyl sucked! Crashed was alright...

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 12:52 am
Yeah, I don't see why ctf_Crashed was removed; the top platform was really interesting for flag stalemates. I loved spraying with a Ruger on the bottom ctf_Chernobyl passage, tho' :-P

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 1:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystI loved spraying with a Ruger on the bottom ctf_Chernobyl passage, tho' :-P

Me too! (but we are probably why it was removed)

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 5:32 am
Hrm.. I can't remember which ones they are, can someone show a thumbnail?

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 5:38 am
quote:Originally posted by _EJ_Hrm.. I can't remember which ones they are, can someone show a thumbnail?

shows how much you play soldat...

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 2:50 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCequote:Originally posted by _EJ_Hrm.. I can't remember which ones they are, can someone show a thumbnail?

shows how much you play soldat...

Sigh... If someone's worse than you, they don't play enough. If someone's better than you, they are a nolifer.
I would remember the maps if someone just gave the pic of the spawnpoints or something..