( search forums )
Soldat\Mods...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Keron Cyst
September 14, 2005, 6:08 am
How exactly does it work? I think I know that if you put a folder called Null in there you could put a weapons-gfx folder with the necessary modded .BMPs and sfx with the modded .WAVs, and maybe Anims with modded .POAs in Null, and that you run it through Soldat -mod Null as the shortcut command line. Can it load an altered weapons.INI as well or just graphics & sound mods?

SPARTAN_III
September 14, 2005, 6:23 am
folders in Soldat\Mods have the same basic structure as folders in the main soldat folder. this means that in Soldat\Mods\Null, you could have:

Anims
Bots
Gostek-gfx
Interface-gfx

and so on. you can also put Weapons.Ini in there, under that name. then you need to make a bat file with this in it:

C:/Soldat/Soldat.exe -mod Null

exit

does anybody here read the m-a-n-u-a-l?

September 14, 2005, 8:07 am
ooh, u finally came over to the dark side.

Yeah, certain things wouldn't work... like maps... but just copy the maps into the default directory.

Keron Cyst
September 14, 2005, 6:03 pm
Whaat? Why a .BAT file? What's wrong with just a regular shortcut with Soldat -mod Null?

EDIT And is it possible to make .INIs for one-weapon shortcut-loadable mods that only tweak the statistics of one weapon?

SPARTAN_III
September 15, 2005, 6:21 am
i find bat files much easier than going into properties every time you want to use a different mod, eh?

and i don't believe that you can do one-weapon-only INI files....

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 6:25 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIi find bat files much easier than going into properties every time you want to use a different mod...
Can't you just make multiple shortcuts?... :-P