( search forums )
DM EskimoGirls and NightLights and GloomyDawn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Anna
September 14, 2005, 11:15 pm
My first map :D The poly count is really high >_< Supports all game modes except for CTF and INF.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Download

edit: I've modified EskimoGirls to a night setting, added scenery, and made some other changes. Supports CTF but it's not recommended. Yet another silly name :P
It's also not waypointed, and there is one custom scenery (Avarax's italy_sun1.bmp).

[IMAGE]

Download

another edit: 3rd version of my map, hope you're not all sick of it by now :q New texture is included in the zip, I used only default scenery for this map.

[IMAGE]

Download

edit edit: looks like I did use some non-default scenery xP If you're missing camonet3.bmp, jungletree2.1.bmp, grass5.1.bmp or roots2.bmp you can get them here, and they've been included in the main zip. (thanks Spyder)

cooz
September 14, 2005, 11:18 pm
just a regular PolyWorks map,
xD

and how you could make it, if PW has such hard and crappy interface? ;)

N1nj@
The bridge at the top is ugly =/

Rest looks amazingly awesome! Good job!

Deleted User
Heheh, pretty neat for your first map ;)
Couldnt find any serious bugs either.

Exellent outlook, I still dont get how you do that. I'll be waiting for ye' other maps with great antcipation.
Good job i must say d(^.^)b

Where does the bridge lead?

GluLm
September 14, 2005, 11:25 pm
This is the best snowy map so far! Amazing piece of art there Anna.
The slidy polygons are cleverly placed, and the bridge looks good (yeah really).
Colours look nice too, like sugar on a chocolate cake somehow.
Definitely one of my all-time favourite maps!
By the way, there is no secret pathway? ;)
Yay for PolyWorks and Anna!

Famine
September 14, 2005, 11:38 pm
Where the hell are the GIRLS!?!

Good map...

tntnik
September 14, 2005, 11:55 pm
lol
great map, the graphics are awsome!

Soap
September 15, 2005, 12:10 am
This shading style is excellent.

The best first map I've ever seen. I think we have a great new talent emerging.

GAMEOVER
September 15, 2005, 12:30 am
VERY nice love the shading awesome map!

*edit* also like the fact you used all shading to show off the map and not cover it in shrubs, bushes, etc I agree with michal about the name would rather see it "drift"

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 12:36 am
I was waiting to see this after your polyworks preview....and seeing the finished product is truly spectacular...
I love the shading throught the map...truly amazing showing of the possibilites of PW

Rating: Pwn/10

It looks so good I cannot speak intelligently about it

Michal
September 15, 2005, 12:39 am
Overall it looks pretty good, but there are a few issues I would like to see resolved...
The bridge at the top really doesn't seem to fit in with the look of the map, it looks out of scale too. I suggest removing it.
The rest of the map looks pretty barren, maybe make some custom scenery.
And the name is pretty...dumb :/
I suggest using the previous name, "drifts".

The map plays well though, especially in HTF.

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 12:53 am
I'm drooling over here just looking at those snow capped peaks...and the map looks good as well ;D

Very interesting technique, I must admit.

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal... the name is pretty...dumb :/
I suggest using the previous name, "drifts"....
*still downloads*

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 1:23 am
Yeah, that map rocks. I just played a few rounds with Anna and cooz on it. Great gameplay and I for one, like the bridge.

Rambo_6
September 15, 2005, 1:39 am
How would you get on the bridge?

And why not make it a ctf map? It looks pretty fair for both sides.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 1:47 am
You don't get on the bridge. At least, I couldn't.

And its way to small for ctf IMHO. But if Anna enlarged it...

mar77a
September 15, 2005, 2:02 am
EDIT: Ok, ill waypoint this map correctly now.

Ivan_the_Psycho
September 15, 2005, 2:18 am
Beautifull ^^. If this is the first, i cant wait to see how the 10th will look like.

_Mancer_
September 15, 2005, 2:24 am
I will cry if this isnt in the next soldat version

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 2:27 am
Waypoints!!1!11!1

quote:Originally posted by Ivan_the_PsychoBeautifull ^^. If this is the first, i cant wait to see how the 10th will look like.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 15, 2005, 2:37 am
Anna, that is some great work, you astound me.

That's better then some of the veteran mappers work we have out here...

Maxx
September 15, 2005, 3:10 am
It is downright beautiful and I love it, but it should definately be CTF, no mattter the size.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 4:44 am
Wow, awesome! :D
How do you make snow like that? Polygons just look like their texture if they're set to white >_<

EDIT: Never mind. So thats how you do it ;)

GAMEOVER
September 15, 2005, 5:22 am
Yeah drop the bridge down a little bit so its easyer access to the very top. I havent played on it yet but im about to looks like you have to abuse the poly bug to get up there.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 9:19 am
very great map.. but as ninj@ said, that bridge has to go.

DeMonIc
September 15, 2005, 1:52 pm
..the bridge is just eye candy, so the map isn't open at all, right?
This is possibly the single most detailed deathmatch map in the history of Soldat.

Marry me.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 4:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I will cry if this isnt in the next soldat version

Unfortunately, the map uses a custom texture which is limited in its use, so it would add extra fluff to the soldat download that people couldn't use themselves in creating maps. :(

But...UUNNGGGHHHOMFG I love this so much, thank you for releasing it Anna :D this should become a MUST on all DM/HTF servers everywhere. Its the most beautiful map I've ever seen...

By the way, sorry I'm not around on IRC, I moved in at university and I can't get mIRC to work on the proxy server :/

Belier13
September 15, 2005, 4:23 pm
Since Anna made it, it's obviously a great job.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 4:43 pm
Wow, this realy is a great map, I hav'nt even played it yet but I can tell it will be awesome, and I like the bridge, but maybe you should move it down so you can use it? In any event, great map, keep up the good work

Silent Soldier
September 15, 2005, 5:34 pm
w00t! Nice shading! Where's the eskimos?

Anna
September 15, 2005, 5:37 pm
One issue with this map caused by the high poly count is that if you give it an edge the frame rate drops drastically. I didn't include an edge, but this causes problems sometimes when playing online since Soldat expects every texture to have an edge.

The bridge is meant to be a barrier, the only thing up there is deadly polys.

I know the name is silly but I didn't think "drifts" fit well with the map.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 6:12 pm
Okey..but still i wonder as the name said..were are the girls?? =D

September 15, 2005, 6:20 pm
Since most of these people are amazed by pretty colours and still depend on breathing through their mouths, I thought you'd like some constructive criticism.
I'm not a fan of big empty spaces at the top of maps, it makes it a bit too easy to escape from someone you don't really want to fight. I think that leaving a space like that is just a bit lazy. Maybe lowering the roof would help, or putting some more platforms in.
Next, the waypoints are, for want of a better word, bad. The bots keep running into little corners at the bottom of the map. Fix them or get someone else to fix them. Not HHH, because he'll probably put his name in caps in the map description, and feature it on his piss-poor website as his own latest creation. And he's retarded.
The bridge doesn't really fit in with the rest of the map. It's flat compared to everything else. Make one out of polygons, or just replace it with something else.
Apart from these things, it's a nice map. A little bit generic, but the nice graphics more than make up for it.
I especially like this:
[URL]

Teh Panda
September 15, 2005, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I will cry if this isnt in the next soldat version

Lets cry together.

Avarax
September 15, 2005, 7:25 pm
nice, how did you manage that transistion effect again? ;D

also i like the way the texture is stretched, it really gives the map a 3D look
i am looking forward to your next maps anna :)

Raptor
September 15, 2005, 7:29 pm
This map is really good man, the bridge at the top makes the map look even better :D

*Downloads*

damnnation
September 15, 2005, 7:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Pandaquote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I will cry if this isnt in the next soldat version

Lets cry together.

yes...let's do that...

cooz
September 15, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by StickyNext, the waypoints are, for want of a better word, bad. The bots keep running into little corners at the bottom of the map. Fix them or get someone else to fix them.

Anna didnt include waypoints to map, maybe because of that bots behave weird xP

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 9:09 pm
plz...don't tell me u need glasses!!!

quote:Originally posted by mar77aSimple liked this map so bad, that...here's the link for the waypointed version.

cooz
September 15, 2005, 9:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by sit-angerplz...don't tell me u need glasses!!!

quote:Originally posted by mar77aSimple liked this map so bad, that...here's the link for the waypointed version.

heh, i was writting about Anna's map not about mar77a's waypoints, and why you ask?
it's very simple little Billy, i was answering to Sticky's post and he didnt write which map waypoints is criticizing

and if you really want to know - im using glasses :P

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 9:37 pm
Okey little Billy understands,And will not interrupt when grandpa talks to adults.. =P

Actully when he made the waypoints it should be considered as the new version of the map..

And..How did i know that? i was just about to change 'And if u have glasses please change them' =D

GluLm
September 15, 2005, 9:55 pm
Simply don't use mar77a's version (which sucks and probably fncked up the original compilation).

Raptor
September 15, 2005, 10:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by GluLmSimply don't use mar77a's version (which sucks and probably fncked up the original compilation).

Are you saying that mar77a is a bad waypointer?

cooz
September 15, 2005, 10:21 pm
Sticky said it first

September 15, 2005, 10:56 pm
Whoops, didn't see that post there. Silly me.

mar77a
September 15, 2005, 11:50 pm
Bleh, ill probably have to waypoypoint it without beeing a lazy bumm...give me some time...

GluLm
September 16, 2005, 12:20 am
Just don't. Nobody asked you to do it in the first place.
quote:Raptor wrote: Are you saying that mar77a is a bad waypointer?
I do, and you too by the way. No offence though. :)

mar77a
September 16, 2005, 2:10 am
Aw. Well, anyways, you can get the new waypointed version...here...

http://freepgs.com/soldat/waypoints/download.php?file=EskimoGirls

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 16, 2005, 9:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by cooz

maybe its because she made polyworks? just a guess in the dark their :P

cooz
September 16, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNquote:Originally posted by cooz

maybe its because she made polyworks? just a guess in the dark their :P

ow i forgot to turn on my sarcasm_tag again d;

AverageJoe
September 17, 2005, 6:53 am
Isn't it great to have moderator powers? :D
The night version looks much better than the day one. Awesome job Anna!
I can't wait to see what you'll make next. :)

GAMEOVER
September 17, 2005, 9:07 am
ffs that looks way bad ass!

¤JOJO¤
September 17, 2005, 1:40 pm
It's a great map, but the waypointing isn't really good, i downloaded the both maps !

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 3:31 pm
HaHa! blame mar77a! ..well some maps are just impossible to waypoint =D

otherwise it think mar77a have earned some credits for atleast waypoint it!..even if it isn't perfect!

Raptor
September 17, 2005, 3:47 pm
Man, now the map looks even better like that... I'll download it, and be happy =D

_Mancer_
September 17, 2005, 5:14 pm
The new map looks so cool.. goddamn.

Anna
September 17, 2005, 7:51 pm
[IMAGE]
:D

cooz
September 17, 2005, 7:53 pm
yey, roof party xD

GluLm
September 17, 2005, 9:13 pm
This new version is really purdy, nice use of the sceneries AND light source effects. It really feels like it's night time there.
I don't understand why there are trees on the upper platform only and not on the other ones. It's the only detail that looked str... nevermind it's wonderful anyway!

chakapoko maker
September 18, 2005, 1:33 am
ah.. very great, i have nothing to say, beautiful. as mentioned above, EskimoGirls is good for the new map. it will attract people. btw is there anybody has low FPS issue? i had 150 FPS and no slowdown with both of two. if everybody is okay, multi-texture could be a standard way of mapping.
i love the dyed snow of NightLights. PolyWorks'd make it easy to shift an aspect of a map. and it's very playable. there's a reasonable setting of spawn, although i little think by habit i want a collider at the bottom of the valley.

Anna
September 18, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by chakapoko makerah.. very great, i have nothing to say, beautiful. as mentioned above, EskimoGirls is good for the new map. it will attract people. btw is there anybody has low FPS issue? i had 150 FPS and no slowdown with both of two. if everybody is okay, multi-texture could be a standard way of mapping.
i love the dyed snow of NightLights. PolyWorks'd make it easy to shift an aspect of a map. and it's very playable. there's a reasonable setting of spawn, although i little think by habit i want a collider at the bottom of the valley.

Thanks ^_^ The low fps only happens if there are edges.

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Avarax
September 18, 2005, 11:51 am
ty for credits, nice use of the scenery :)

pw really offers the nice option to shift colours and scale of maps or selections, thats the major reason why i use it. *misses waypoint tool* :)

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 18, 2005, 12:39 pm
woot new version is sweeet dl!!

vash763
September 18, 2005, 10:17 pm
I really like eskimo girls, but Nightlights is AMAZING

UGK
September 18, 2005, 11:53 pm
I played those maps on Annas server. Kinda cool

Cookie.
September 20, 2005, 4:13 am
Inuit Girls not eskimos >:|

For shame Anna!

antiCamper
September 21, 2005, 10:59 pm
Nice ;)

Anna
October 12, 2005, 10:03 pm
Check the first post for the 3rd version of my map :)

cooz
October 12, 2005, 10:08 pm
yey, Ania's Map Trilogy

nice cage btw ;>

Anna
October 12, 2005, 10:26 pm
[IMAGE]

papasurf31
October 12, 2005, 10:43 pm
cooz's fantasy ^^

I love the 3rd map, pure pwnage. It's amazing how you can reuse the same basic design and yet make all the maps feel so different. I/you/someone should try that with b2b and some of the other defaults :o

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 12, 2005, 11:13 pm
holy !!!!

these are the best maps i've seen :O

excellent design and they look so good they could hang in a museum

vash763
October 12, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31cooz's fantasy ^^

I love the 3rd map, pure pwnage. It's amazing how you can reuse the same basic design and yet make all the maps feel so different. I/you/someone should try that with b2b and some of the other defaults :o

Great Idea, Great Map, This is just a great time.

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 3:15 am
zombie maps anyone :P

looks great, love the last one :D

Deleted User
January 3, 2006, 5:08 pm
Woowww, when I saw the map at first I was like. Whoa!
Looks so cool, this is like the best map ive ever seen. I agree this should be like in default or something.
Get MM to pay you for new maps :D! Lol.

Soulsnipa
January 3, 2006, 6:35 pm
ok time for new map...lol

viggoloniggolo
January 3, 2006, 7:08 pm
Slytherin 140 points
Griffindor 140 points and the house cup goes to Griffindor! You can now drink booze from it till the next semester,enjoy.

The Geologist
January 3, 2006, 8:06 pm
Good job helping to revive the topic for a spam post Vigg. Someone may as well post something on topic...

The third version rocks, love the gloomy, dark feel. Downloading now to try out in game, but gameplay should be good just like the others. The house and cage also add a nice touch. Planning on making any more in this series?

Soulsnipa
January 3, 2006, 9:20 pm
quote: Planning on making any more in this series?

I hate to be mean...but please dont! One remake was too many.

viggoloniggolo
January 3, 2006, 10:24 pm
revive? i did not revive, it was up and i never go further than the 1'st page of the topic: NEW MAPS, and if youre gonna continue to speak to me in that tone, you might regret it really soon, i warned you.
Anna, next time you try to put a texture in a zip archive, dont forget the Edges aight? If you dont send the ananaspistacja edges, noone except the server owner will be able to play in it with normal polygon edges literally. THAT GOES TO ALL OF YOU!!

The Geologist
January 3, 2006, 10:34 pm
"I might regret it soon"..? What does that mean? Don't start up with empty threats now, you're already on thin ice around here. The topic was over two months old and you posted something that had nothing to do with the topic/maps...also, that word "helping" means you were not the one to revive the topic, just one to post spam in it.

And Soul, are you really one to tell her not to remake a map, considering you've been doing nothing but remakes recently? Besides, I asked if she was making any more in the series...it doesn't need to be the same map or a remake. Series in this sense implies similarity, not the same map. Personally I'd like to see what else she can come up with considering this is a style of mapping only two people around here have really done anything with, those being Anna and Papasurf with his Machete. Any of the other maps around here just look...completly different, on a different level in a sense.

Edit: Save the spam for the bash pit Soul, and grow up while you're at it.

Edit 2: Soul, be a good boy and take your angry self to the bash pit if you want to try and start something. You were the one acting like an ass here, posting "Geo's just on his period"...typical 5th grade immature nonsense.

Soulsnipa
January 3, 2006, 10:34 pm
geologist is just on his period.

i have no idea where the hell hes seeing anything how vigggalogoogogoggog revived it. So I wont even talk about that. He's just well whatever.

Anyway, yea I remade my maps but.....

1) I make a lot of maps in a small amount of time, and therefore there is a lot of different styles
2)Annas map is good, yes, but she has already stated how the gameplay is slowed down by the high amount of polygons.
3) All my maps looked like [CENSORED], they were in dire need of remodeling, hers well yea.

So dont give me crap about thinking your such a hot shot arguing over every small detail [we] say. Let something go for once in your damn life, your not always right.

My "spam" is just as much "spam" as your "spam" is.

Everything needs to go to the bash bit. Why not just end it now. Rather than us both acting like 5th graders.

vash763
January 3, 2006, 10:54 pm
Anyways, someone should do papasurfs idea

viggoloniggolo
January 3, 2006, 11:14 pm
repeating for specially braindamaged:"revive? i did not revive, it was up and i never go further than the 1'st page of the topic: NEW MAPS"
repeating again for those who still did not get it especially you geologist:"revive? i did not revive, it was up and i never go further than the 1'st page of the topic: NEW MAPS"
Yes i warned you, i am on a quite thick ice and i can glide wherever i want,[CENSORED].

DorkeyDear
May 2, 2006, 9:58 pm
This is will be very usefull. :)
Although all of those were remakes/edited versions, I like the 3rd yellowy one the best, if you wanted my opinion.

Affect
May 7, 2006, 12:05 pm
heh wtf we put this map on our serv and when someone tried to connect he couldnt download \edges\awokadopistacja.bmp
i looked for it in \edges and saw only awokado.bmp - we renamed it to awokadopistacja and averything was ok. what was the matter?