( search forums )
President Bush
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Vijchtidoodah
September 14, 2005, 11:36 pm
We don't get enough serious news stories here, so have at it:

[IMAGE]

US President George W. Bush reacts to a question about the his administration's state of preparedness for hurricane Katrina during a press conference with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani in the East Room of the White House in Washington. Two weeks after hurricane Katrina lashed the Gulf coast, Bush accepted responsibility for the first time for the government's flawed rescue operation. Speaking just a day after getting his first close-up view of the mess that Katrina made of New Orleans, Bush said the hurricane 'exposed serious problems in our response capabilities at all levels of government... To the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility,' Bush said.

I definitely hate the way the government handled the situation, but perhaps Bush has taken the correct step by accepting responsibility.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this subject. Whether you're american or not, I don't care...that doesn't keep you from having opinions. But leave all the "I hate Bush and America just because" bull(Please refrain from swearing) behind, nobody wants to hear it.

Famine
September 14, 2005, 11:41 pm
I agree. I am not a big fan of Bush, but I feel no matter what you should always place blame only on yourself. This can be hard to do, but instead of pointing a finger at someone else you actually will be part of the solution instead of a little whining (Please refrain from swearing).

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 14, 2005, 11:49 pm
Quote from President Bush, few days ago:

"Now lets not play the blame game...."

Apparently, he wants to play, and he's it. :P

Famine
September 14, 2005, 11:51 pm
Wow, amazing. Stop (Please refrain from swearing)ing, seriously. He actually took responsiblity, and now you won't even find good in this!? I mean, you won't even blame yourself because it is easier to point fingers at Bush, or someone you hate.

Rambo_6
September 14, 2005, 11:59 pm
He's just saying the truth. Bush blamed himself, which is a step in the proper direction.

This makes me wonder about america's preparedness for the next 9/11, which i am sure is imminent.

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 12:05 am
It's about time Bush stepped up to the plate and took some accountability. It was clear things weren't running smoothly from the get go.

SeanCapsAss
September 15, 2005, 12:06 am
he's trying to pull a JFK but i don't think it will up his approval rating, but if hes doing this for the right reasons then its an honorable thing to do other wise its just bull(Please refrain from swearing) politics

peemonkey
September 15, 2005, 12:43 am
trying to pull a JFK? you mean he's gonna let someone shoot his head off? sweet.
just because he's taken some responsibility doesnt make him a good president or the new orleans (Please refrain from swearing) any less bad. we need another clinton like a mad (Please refrain from swearing).

Michal
September 15, 2005, 1:03 am
Great, now he just has to take accountability for his administration lying the American people into a war that in no way benefits Americans or Iraqis.

AerialAssault
September 15, 2005, 1:15 am
bush really isnt very photogenic, is he?

peemonkey
September 15, 2005, 2:21 am
sure he is, but only for these:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Michal
September 15, 2005, 3:10 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeysure he is, but only for these:
http://fc.invivo.edu/~pmanet/images/bush%20monkey.jpg
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/recon83/monkey_bush.jpg

O_O I almost made the exact same post with the same wording and pictures 8|

N1nj@
September 15, 2005, 3:20 am
lol awesome, made me laugh

Rambo_6
September 15, 2005, 3:52 am
BUSH AND HIS MEMO

reckon
September 15, 2005, 5:05 am
Anybody could look like an ape under any circumstances, nab a shot of a fool scratching his belly and contrast it to an ape, oh the laughs ensue...
Seriously, Bush stepped up and took the blame.
However, some blame does need to be put on FEMA.

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 5:13 am
I believe some blame already was placed on FEMA, thus the reason for the head of FEMA stepping down after the hurricane hit?

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 15, 2005, 8:08 am
And the fact that he was an Arabian horse judge before he was the head of FEMA might contribute to it too.

Famine
September 15, 2005, 3:32 pm
Comparing Bush to a monkey is a much better way to make the country better!

Keron Cyst
September 15, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalGreat, now he just has to take accountability for his administration lying the American people into a war that in no way benefits Americans or Iraqis.

People [i]still[/]i talk about that? Why don't we go play a reversal game then (since all those other plain discussions have gotten boring :-P) and you say how it can benefit them and I say why it was a bad idea?

n00bface
September 15, 2005, 6:40 pm
quote:People [i]still[/]i talk about that?
noob lol.

bush is cool sorta.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 7:13 pm
Vijchtidoodah asked all to leave there "haw haw boosh ar3 t3h uber stoopid LOL HAW HAW!" out of this, and yet I still see alot of people doing exactly that only in different words. There have only been 1 or 2 posts that actualy talk about the story. It realy is quite sickening to see the members of the comunity behave in this manner, I would expect that you all would be more mature, but I guess thats assuming to much. I for one am very disapointed in the government as a whole, reaction. Alot of the blame needs to be placed on the state of luisiana itself though, not many people relize this, the levys were not built to standards and the governer is not apropriate for the position he's filling. He should have called all the reserve police officers, medical workers, etc to be ready for action days before it even hit. Now about the army going in, I'm dissapointed in how long it took for them to get there, but then again Bush took responsibilty and admited it was wrong. Now you people can hold grudges all you want but when somone is humbe enough to take blame and admit the situation was handled wrong then I put it in the past. And about Bush being non photogenic, You could follow any person around and snap inconveinant shots of them, everyone has bad moments. And there was a statement made saying that clinton would have done better. Do not make me laugh, you relize the deficit is so high because Clinton brought it there and now Bush is just trying to cope with it right? Clinton was a puppet who kissed up to every nation, That, is why everyone likes him. And To conclude, I dont care how much you hate Bush, I still expect you to behave in a mature matter about discussing it.

Vijchtidoodah
September 15, 2005, 8:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6
This makes me wonder about america's preparedness for the next 9/11, which i am sure is imminent.

It's disgusting how ill-prepared we are for disasters and yet, after each new massive loss of lives, property, and order, the government does as little as it can to get in line. We all know about how few shipping containers at docks are actually checked, how new airport security features are just a facade, and how people that are capable and willing to warn about disasters are completely ignored. Granted, there are exceptions to everything listed in the previous sentence, but the security of America is a joke, in any case.

quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyjust because he's taken some responsibility doesnt make him a good president or the new orleans (Please refrain from swearing) any less bad.

Oh no, I still think he's a (Please refrain from swearing) president...but I'm admiring the fact that for once, for one time out of all of his screw-ups, he actually accepted the fact that all the blame, no matter how indirect, led straight back to him and his administration's faults.

quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMVijchtidoodah asked all to leave there "haw haw boosh ar3 t3h uber stoopid LOL HAW HAW!" out of this, and yet I still see alot of people doing exactly that only in different words...

Don?t' sweat it, it kept all the real retards out of here. A little joking makes the topic more interesting.

quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMAlot of the blame needs to be placed on the state of luisiana itself though, not many people relize this, the levys were not built to standards and the governer is not apropriate for the position he's filling. He should have called all the reserve police officers, medical workers, etc to be ready for action days before it even hit.

I didn't know that the levys weren't built to standards, but it's also possible that they were simply old and their replacement had been overlooked.

You also have problems with calling in reserves. First, how do you convince people to enter an area that has the possibility of being demolished? And second, how could you expect that two thirds of your police and emergency personnel would run away? The governor could have definitely done better, but we need to look at the bigger picture: are we really that unprepared that we can't rally forces for a disaster that we knew was coming for days before it even hit?

The Geologist
September 15, 2005, 8:21 pm
I believe the problem with the levys arose because they were constructed to withstand a class 3 hurricane force and not the class 5 hurricane which happened to roll in. Plans to upgrade were discussed and, sadly, thats all. Perhaps I'm wrong though?

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 8:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistI believe the problem with the levys arose because they were constructed to withstand a class 3 hurricane force and not the class 5 hurricane which happened to roll in. Plans to upgrade were discussed and, sadly, thats all. Perhaps I'm wrong though?

No I don't think you are wrong, but that right there is a big problem. It should have made it past the discussion stage, if it did none of the flooding would have happened nearly to the extent it did. The government had to come in and wipe up the mess that the governer left, although the government should have been prepared to do so, which they were not.

?
September 15, 2005, 10:17 pm
Here is my 2 cents, I really think its everyone fault, I think that the "It could never happen to me" idea did slip in to some peoples minds and they didn't feel like being prepared for a disaster. Its the governments fault for not having plans good enough to prepare or evacuate people. This is basiclly a national "oops" that cost many lives, but things like this bring out the true nature of people, like the guy that shot a lady for a bag of ice, or people raiding stores not for food or clothes but for tvs and other stuff... I understand food, I would raid a store for food too, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. My dad went to Mississippi to help a bit and he said that the baptist churches down there have it down pat, they started helping a day or two after this thing happened. Seriously these kind of things really can't be put wholly on the government, Americans really have to get involved and help each other.

Meandor
September 15, 2005, 10:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMAlot of the blame needs to be placed on the state of luisiana itself though, not many people relize this, the levys were not built to standards and the governer is not apropriate for the position he's filling. He should have called all the reserve police officers, medical workers, etc to be ready for action days before it even hit.

I didn't know that the levys weren't built to standards, but it's also possible that they were simply old and their replacement had been overlooked.

You also have problems with calling in reserves. First, how do you convince people to enter an area that has the possibility of being demolished? And second, how could you expect that two thirds of your police and emergency personnel would run away? The governor could have definitely done better, but we need to look at the bigger picture: are we really that unprepared that we can't rally forces for a disaster that we knew was coming for days before it even hit?

The levees weren't built to standards (not completed, I think) because the Bush administration cut the funds for "unnecessary" operations, and directed them towards the Iraq war.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

News reports say the Louisiana governor and major were timely in their intervents - I don't know if it is true. But it is a fact that most of the national guard that was supposed to help in this situation had been sent to - guess where - the Iraq war, when Bush had no right to send them, as explained in detail in this article.

http://www.antiwar.com/prather/?articleid=7141

I can't tell if anything would've changed if the levees had been completely built and the national guard was there, I've never seen an hurricane and I'm not american either. But I'm sure they would've done more good at home than at war.

So, on the subject, I have to say - it was about damn time he did. But I'm surprised he did.

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 11:07 pm
[IMAGE]
can u find the hidden message

btw its hard to find

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 12:06 am
quote:can u find the hidden message

btw its hard to find

Way to useless spam, knucklehead. It specificly said on the first page not to post useless Bush spam

quote:Originally posted by ?Here is my 2 cents, I really think its everyone fault, I think that the "It could never happen to me" idea did slip in to some peoples minds and they didn't feel like being prepared for a disaster. Its the governments fault for not having plans good enough to prepare or evacuate people. This is basiclly a national "oops" that cost many lives, but things like this bring out the true nature of people, like the guy that shot a lady for a bag of ice, or people raiding stores not for food or clothes but for tvs and other stuff... I understand food, I would raid a store for food too, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. My dad went to Mississippi to help a bit and he said that the baptist churches down there have it down pat, they started helping a day or two after this thing happened. Seriously these kind of things really can't be put wholly on the government, Americans really have to get involved and help each other.

I completely agree with you, in my opinion New Orleans should never have even been built in the first place, but thats beside the point, it was, so people needed to get ready for an inevitable dissaster like this. And they just plain were not. And on the subject of people shooting eachother, it just puts down the myth that all people have some good inside of them, it honeslty does not surprise me that the looting and violence happened, just because its America does not change the fact that people are born sinners, and being such need Christ, if you'd like to talk more about that you can PM me, I wanna keep it on subject in this thread.

Famine
September 16, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:it just puts down the myth that all people have some good inside of them

I think everyone does.

Michal
September 16, 2005, 3:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
The levees weren't built to standards (not completed, I think) because the Bush administration cut the funds for "unnecessary" operations, and directed them towards the Iraq war.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

News reports say the Louisiana governor and major were timely in their intervents - I don't know if it is true. But it is a fact that most of the national guard that was supposed to help in this situation had been sent to - guess where - the Iraq war, when Bush had no right to send them, as explained in detail in this article.

http://www.antiwar.com/prather/?articleid=7141

Exactly.

Americans need to kick this government out. This proves once more that the American people are not a priority of this administration.

Captain Ben
September 16, 2005, 3:52 am
I'd have to agree that the recovery/rescue operations weren't handled well. But then again, here in Australia we see none of this. All that's being said on the news is about how many Australians live and are in New Orleans. As for Bush, he did the right thing. I always prefered him over that Kerry-guy.

Bill Clinton kicked arse!

Aegis
September 16, 2005, 5:05 am
I was watching a documentary on the 9/11 Commission Report on the History channel today. It's really quite interesting how they narrated it and showed how each event took place. The lack of planning, response, and general state of confusion was shocking.

Also, look at how quickly things broke down after the flooding in New Orleans, and imagine that on a national/internation scale. Boom, Armageddon.

Vijchtidoodah
September 17, 2005, 6:14 am
quote:Originally posted by ?I think that the "It could never happen to me" idea did slip in to some peoples minds and they didn't feel like being prepared for a disaster...

Sometimes people just can't take the emotional stress of leaving their homes behind.

As for the baptist churches and anyone else who stepped up and helped out, they really are wonderful people.

Meandor - sheesh, this whole war deal has gotten out of hand. I believe that our intentions were good, but I can't understand why the government would drain us of much-needed money. It's like they don't understand that you have to help yourself before you are able to help others.

quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM
I completely agree with you, in my opinion New Orleans should never have even been built in the first place

Beside the point or not, that's not exactly a valid argument. People settled there and a city was the result. It's not like the early citizens of that town knew that it would be flooded hundreds of years in the future. Perhaps you should modify your statement somewhat to "New Orleans should have never built large, heavy buildings" because those are the ultimate culprit behind the flooding.

September 17, 2005, 2:40 pm
Why can't people leave him alone? He's only trying to do his job. Do any of his actions directly affect you in any way? If so, please tell us how horrible it is, because I'd love to see how people can justify this amount of hate.

Famine
September 17, 2005, 5:12 pm
Oh, antiwar.com.

What a trustworthy and unbiased site that is.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 6:54 pm
GWB said this "For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex... uh... setbacks."

ha can hardly open a door. u americans need to get rid of him..

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 7:02 pm
quote:

Beside the point or not, that's not exactly a valid argument. People settled there and a city was the result. It's not like the early citizens of that town knew that it would be flooded hundreds of years in the future. Perhaps you should modify your statement somewhat to "New Orleans should have never built large, heavy buildings" because those are the ultimate culprit behind the flooding.

How can you completely look past the statment after it? Look again:

quote:I completely agree with you, in my opinion New Orleans should never have even been built in the first place, but thats beside the point, it was, so people needed to get ready for an inevitable dissaster like this. And they just plain were not. And on the subject of people shooting eachother, it just puts down the myth that all people have some good inside of them, it honeslty does not surprise me that the looting and violence happened, just because its America does not change the fact that people are born sinners, and being such need Christ, if you'd like to talk more about that you can PM me, I wanna keep it on subject in this thread.

Read my whole post before commenting

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 7:18 pm
..to much to read. i'm not a fan of reading:p

LazehBoi
September 17, 2005, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHH..to much to read. i'm not a fan of reading:p

It shows.

The Geologist
September 17, 2005, 9:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHH..to much to read. i'm not a fan of reading:p

Then stick to bashing people in the mapping forums and stay awy from any signs of a real conversation.

LazehBoi
September 17, 2005, 9:23 pm
[IMAGE]

GAMEOVER
September 18, 2005, 12:52 am
Bush is an idiot I think hed do a better job if he went back to snortin yao

Vijchtidoodah
September 18, 2005, 7:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMRead my whole post before commenting

:D

I did. The post still makes sense.

quote:Originally posted by StickyWhy can't people leave him alone?...I'd love to see how people can justify this amount of hate.

Hehe, I never said I hated him...but you bring up an interesting point:

quote:Originally posted by StickyDo any of his actions directly affect you in any way?

YES. Each one of his actions affect billions of people each day...I'd say that's cause for concern.

I am, however, suprised that you would lash out like that when I was congratulating him...

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 11:53 pm
I find it funny how he was ill-prepared when it came to hurricane Katrina....

And then when a hurricane will hit his favorite little homeland Texas,he pulls out the big guns in terms of defense evacuationg of texas against Rita!

P.S. I mean no offense against texans

Vijchtidoodah
September 26, 2005, 12:03 am
He learned from his previous mistake...what more could you ask for?

blackdevil0742
September 26, 2005, 6:22 am
That they should develop anti-hurricane missiles and kill all of em..ALL OF EM!

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 2:23 am
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742That they should develop anti-hurricane missiles and kill all of em..ALL OF EM!
hmm...they could make an area of high pressure in the atmosphere so the hurricane would go away...and...they could drop humongous anti-humidifiers into teh hurricane and suck all teh water and moisture out of the air and thus the hurricane would disentegrate...im an idiot..