( search forums )
Commander toggle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
September 16, 2005, 4:29 pm
Here's a little idea: basically this could be a modifier (like survival / realistic) for team gamemodes. Each team would have a commander spot, and any player of the team could switch to it if the spot is vacant.

Now the fun begins.

The commander is Spectating, but he can only follow his teammates and get into free camera(like when you're waiting for respawn). He could have a box with his teammates names, and he could select a teammate with the number buttons. Once he selected a teammate, he can click on the screen or a player. The teammate he selected would now have "Order" or "Playername" on the side of his screen, like when you see your teammates names on the border of your view.

Why would this be fun? More gameplay and more organisation of course!

Kyklis
September 19, 2005, 10:13 pm
Sounds cool, except Soldat is pretty fast paced, and how many people would actually follow the orders :-/.

Koon
September 19, 2005, 11:55 pm
Yeah, and no one would want to be commander.

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 12:28 am
i don't wanna tell someone to blow someones head off, i wanna blow someone's head off!

F3nyx
September 20, 2005, 1:54 am
The three posts above are correct. This was tried in Tribes, which some of you may have played... it was a good idea in theory, and may have been used for large "tribe" (clan) battles, but in 95% of games nobody cared about giving or following orders, they all just wanted to fight.

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 8:49 pm
i could understand if there where 32 guys per team, IN TEAMMATCH! but that's not possible in soldat so out the window with you
*throws idea out window*

blackdevil0742
September 20, 2005, 9:57 pm
Nah.. .it doesn't fit the gameplay.