Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 3:43 pm
good idea thats good in trowhing

Hoodlum
September 18, 2005, 3:48 pm
One knife is fine.

numgun
September 18, 2005, 4:38 pm
double knife... : / no way. 1 is enough.

TheFunktopus
September 18, 2005, 4:46 pm
The name is self-ecplanatory, the topic, however, is not. Could you at least provide us with some information on what this 'double-knife' would do?

zyxstand
September 18, 2005, 5:30 pm
i still have no clue wtf double knife is supposed o be

F3nyx
September 18, 2005, 6:22 pm
Maybe dual-wielding knives? Might be a nice option in a knife-match when both of your weapons are knives, so that you wouldn't have to switch between throws. Come to think of it, since dual Desert Eagles are an option, there really should be a way to dual-wield the SOCOM as well... I dunno, maybe I've just been playing too much Halo 2 recently.

zyxstand
September 18, 2005, 6:26 pm
in some weaponmods, i remember, the desert eagle is the dual form of the socom*
and why would you want to dual weild a KNIFE?
1 knife already kills the enemy!

F3nyx
September 18, 2005, 6:31 pm
As I explained above, so that if your first throw missed you wouldn't have to switch weapons to throw another one. Of course, you'd have to be crazy enough to carry around two knives in tne first place.

a-4-year-old
September 19, 2005, 9:41 pm
that just totally overpowers the knife 2 thats 2 more chances to instant kill someone, some people think 1 is too much i don't think anyone would use any other secondary (whats new?)

Kyklis
September 19, 2005, 10:10 pm
Who the HELL thinks that one knife is overpowered? The Knife is one hit kill most of the time, but it's not terribly hard to dodge :-/. One knife is good. We don't need two.

Koon
September 19, 2005, 11:56 pm
As fun as this would be, it would unbalance the game.

Ace-AnArChY
September 20, 2005, 12:00 am
it would be awesome

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 1:04 am
I dont like the idea, but I just got the idea of making the knife a primary...like you get 3 knives to throw...Except in this case, theyd be nerfed so youd get like 5-10 knives, doing about as much as ruger since im pretty sure a knive to the foot wouldnt kill you. Its a small idea, kewl, again just a small thought.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 6:23 am
i think the knife is powerful anuff

Keron Cyst
September 20, 2005, 6:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kyklis... One knife is good. We don't need two.

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by KyklisWho the HELL thinks that one knife is overpowered? The Knife is one hit kill most of the time, but it's not terribly hard to dodge :-/. One knife is good. We don't need two.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=26960
i still think knife is fine tho

Kyklis
September 20, 2005, 11:50 pm
I know some people do, I meant that if someone thought the knife was overpowered they are either not thinking straight or just stupid. For one thing, if they made it NOT a one hit kill, it would be used less, because you'd have to find somebody DAMAGED to kill them one hit, and theres no way your going to go throw the knife ,injure the guy, grab the knife again, throw it and hit AGAIN, and if he still isin't dead repeat the process. You would die before that happened. The knife is fine, if you try to alter it in anyway it won't be used much anymore. The LAW charge up time makes a bit of sense, but a knife? No.

NEMO-d3-Lamo
September 22, 2005, 6:11 pm
Ok! double knife stinks! I think we all agree...

Dark_Noddy
September 22, 2005, 7:37 pm
IMHO knife is fine as it is ;D if U gonna do anything, least dont make it more powerfull.. But if you HAVE to upgrade it.. Then make it so it auto changes if U throw away one while having 2 :P (one as secondary and one as primary)

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by KyklisI know some people do, I meant that if someone thought the knife was overpowered they are either not thinking straight or just stupid. For one thing, if they made it NOT a one hit kill, it would be used less, because you'd have to find somebody DAMAGED to kill them one hit, and theres no way your going to go throw the knife ,injure the guy, grab the knife again, throw it and hit AGAIN, and if he still isin't dead repeat the process. You would die before that happened. The knife is fine, if you try to alter it in anyway it won't be used much anymore. The LAW charge up time makes a bit of sense, but a knife? No.

um its not a one hit kill wp dmg depends on speed range and other stuff

lastpatriot
September 24, 2005, 1:29 pm
Make a weapons mod, which has the appearance of holding a knife, but when you press the LMB, it shoots knives with the speed of a minigun.

That works.

UNKNOWN
September 24, 2005, 3:03 pm
not that im a hacker or anything but this guy in a game had unlimmited knives and he told me that it's a hack that EnEsCe made...

NavySeal
September 24, 2005, 4:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterquote:Originally posted by KyklisI know some people do, I meant that if someone thought the knife was overpowered they are either not thinking straight or just stupid. For one thing, if they made it NOT a one hit kill, it would be used less, because you'd have to find somebody DAMAGED to kill them one hit, and theres no way your going to go throw the knife ,injure the guy, grab the knife again, throw it and hit AGAIN, and if he still isin't dead repeat the process. You would die before that happened. The knife is fine, if you try to alter it in anyway it won't be used much anymore. The LAW charge up time makes a bit of sense, but a knife? No.

um its not a one hit kill wp dmg depends on speed range and other stuff

Ok maybe not one hit kill, but almost every friking time it hit me, it kills and when it doesn't I have so low hp that I can get killed by anything in one hit. Has a bit lower speed that m79 and its not easy to dodge it when they are not far away.
The idea is NOT good at all, only more people who hate knife would hate it more, people who use might pick it as main weapon, because you can outnumber 3 guys, first use main weapon, then knife and then knife again.

tRaQs
September 25, 2005, 7:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by F3nyxAs I explained above, so that if your first throw missed you wouldn't have to switch weapons to throw another one. Of course, you'd have to be crazy enough to carry around two knives in tne first place.

Or if let's say on ctf_b2b, when it falls under the bridge, you'd still have a second knife, I like it, besides it gives no real advantage, seeing as knifes are a short range kill.

Having two would allow people to make more bold throws with it, seeing as they'd do enough damage with two far out throws.

UnRadiant
October 1, 2005, 6:11 pm
The knife seems a little to deadly to have two of.
If you doubled it, you'd have to take the strength down.