( search forums )
Whats with all the people trying to be mods?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
rapterion
September 16, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote:TheRelinquished
Lieutenant

128 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 : 17:49:51 Show Profile Visit TheRelinquished's Homepage Reply with Quote
Not that I wanna hate on you, but this seems like it should be moved to the lounge or somefin....

JWCK_x144
Corporal

55 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 : 23:51:14 Show Profile Email Poster Click to see JWCK_x144's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote
Vest. Especially now that barrets are all over the place.

Edit: Ummm...Isn't this the wrong forum for this topic?

Taal
Captain

360 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 : 06:23:15 Show Profile Email Poster Click to see Taal's MSN Messenger address Send Taal a Yahoo! Message Send TaalA private message Reply with Quote
conclusion: wrong forum section, try the suggestions section

OMFG wtf is with people who think they are mods... always posting BS about how its in the wrong forum, if it was in the wrong forum, it would be moved by a mod... I'm honestly getting sick of reading this stuff.

For one, a suggestion about registered only server in soldat does in fact belong in the soldat suggestion forum, havign a terrible day in soldat is still a damn soldat moment. Stop trying to moderate the forums, let the damn mods do it.

LazehBoi
September 16, 2005, 6:50 pm
Whining threads seem to focus more on whining and less on a an actual moment, other than that, yeah. Backseat moderating is incredibly stupid. Especially when people who used to be banned do it.

rapterion
September 16, 2005, 8:55 pm
Ok so he was whining:P, but even having a crappy ass day in soldat is a soldat moment.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 8:58 pm
Dude, it was just an idea on my part. I in no way think that I am a mod nor would I ever attemt to be a mod. I just had a thought that Soldat moments seemed to be the wrong place to post what was IMHO a poll, and I verbalized that thought. So why do you have a problem?

rapterion
September 16, 2005, 9:01 pm
My problem is, is that, an opinion about where something needs to be is up to the mods... its a pain in the ass trying to surf through all the BS about what goes where, if a mod thinks it needs to be moved, they will move it, that, and wtf does it matter where polls go, you can have a poll in the suggestions forum as far as I know...

STEELIX
September 16, 2005, 9:12 pm
You could also not care, like the rest of us.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 9:13 pm
Yeah, you're probably right there.

quote:[i]and wtf does it matter where polls go, you can have a poll in the suggestions forum as far as I know...

If I try to answer that, I'd be "backseat modding" again wouldn't I.

peemonkey
September 16, 2005, 9:26 pm
wrong section. this belongs in "show off your 1337 (Please refrain from swearing)ing skill"

rapterion
September 17, 2005, 1:40 am
show off your 1337 monkey peeing skill?

The Geologist
September 17, 2005, 1:48 am
If it's in the wrong forum you deserve to hear about it.

n00bface
September 17, 2005, 1:56 am
No. I agree with you completely, it's very annoying. It seems in half the General Discussions topics, the thread has some potential in another forum, but instead the first page is spammed with responces like "Move this to the lounge. NOW!". Very annoying, and useless. If it's in the wrong forum, then the moderator would let them hear about it through a message in the original topic or by PM. Other people saying it is useless spam, and what I suspect is an attempt at star hunting with the excuse that you are contributing something to the forum :/

frogboy
September 17, 2005, 2:47 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiBackseat moderating is incredibly stupid. Especially when people who used to be banned do it.
And should still be banned.

The Geologist
September 17, 2005, 3:40 am
It would be quite different if the first person to say it was the only person to say it. A whole page of the same thing is quite annoying.

Captain Ben
September 17, 2005, 5:06 am
Whenever i do that, I don't go overboard, I just say which area it should be in, and still contribute.
Being helpful doesn't make you a moderator wannabe.

frogboy
September 17, 2005, 5:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenBeing helpful doesn't make you a moderator wannabe.
I'm sure the moderators are completely capable of deciding which topics are in the wrong section and which section they are best suited to. If they didn't, they wouldn't be moderators.

Kazuki
September 17, 2005, 7:48 am
quote:Originally posted by rapterionMy problem is, is that, an opinion about where something needs to be is up to the mods... its a pain in the ass trying to surf through all the BS about what goes where, if a mod thinks it needs to be moved, they will move it, that, and wtf does it matter where polls go, you can have a poll in the suggestions forum as far as I know...

So ... are you saying that people who are not moderators are not entitled to have an opinion on that just because they're not moderators? I can't explain it in my own words, but you, my good sir, are an idiot.

I know it sounds blunt and unintelligent of me, so I'll elaborate. Administrators and moderators of these forums have created the rules. People aren't trying to moderate when they tell you that something is in the wrong forum. They're repeating the rules to you. It's like someone supporting the law even though they aren't employed as law enforcement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's nothing to really whine about. Let people talk. It's not like they can do anything about your topic being in a wrong forum. If you really find it that annoying, you don't have to pay attention.

On the other hand, I can see where you're coming from. People telling you that you posted something in the wrong forum isn't going to change the fact that it is in fact in the wrong forum, and the moderators most likely won't act differently whether they say something or not.

September 17, 2005, 2:35 pm
Shouldn't this be in the Bash Pit?

Kazuki
September 17, 2005, 3:50 pm
Compared to all the other crap that's in the Bash Pit, I'd say no. :X

September 17, 2005, 6:24 pm
A joke. It was a joke.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 6:35 pm
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Rambo_6
September 17, 2005, 7:02 pm
Remember the time taht Paramud tried to backseat moderate, then he deleted all his posts?

Good times.

rapterion
September 18, 2005, 5:49 am
quote:So ... are you saying that people who are not moderators are not entitled to have an opinion on that just because they're not moderators? I can't explain it in my own words, but you, my good sir, are an idiot. Wow... was I just called an idiot for expressing an opinion... isnt that kind of hypocritical of this post. Also it seems people are trying to moderate... what is the point of saying "Shouldnt this be in a different forum"? Thats not upholding the rules, us peons dont have the ability to uphold the rules. You can't equate it to laws, because in real life everyone has the ability to uphold the law, like you said, saying something will not actually effect where the post is located. As far as I am concerned all these posts about where a post should be are spam, and offtopic.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 10:54 am
have you ever played warcraft III?

it sucks wind,

TheFunktopus
September 18, 2005, 1:01 pm
Warcraft III does not suck. Also, the term "peon" doesn't come from Warcraft III, you angry norwegian.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 1:11 pm
wc3 bites butt mister Titas Vilkaitis or nick..

TheFunktopus
September 18, 2005, 1:13 pm
Oh no! You know my name! You probably know that my email is nicketh@gmail.com! Woe is me!

Captain Ben
September 18, 2005, 1:38 pm
Congratulations, Mr Titas Vilkaitis! You just became a prime candidate for TubGirl!

TheFunktopus
September 18, 2005, 1:47 pm
\o/

Captain Ben
September 18, 2005, 1:55 pm
You're welcome.

Kazuki
September 18, 2005, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by rapterionquote:So ... are you saying that people who are not moderators are not entitled to have an opinion on that just because they're not moderators? I can't explain it in my own words, but you, my good sir, are an idiot. Wow... was I just called an idiot for expressing an opinion... isnt that kind of hypocritical of this post. Also it seems people are trying to moderate... what is the point of saying "Shouldnt this be in a different forum"? Thats not upholding the rules, us peons dont have the ability to uphold the rules. You can't equate it to laws, because in real life everyone has the ability to uphold the law, like you said, saying something will not actually effect where the post is located. As far as I am concerned all these posts about where a post should be are spam, and offtopic.

Yes, like I said, it wasn't a good thing for me to say, but I left it there nonetheless. I also said that from another point of view, it is actually pointless for people to say things like "WRONG FORUHM FUUL!" because the post and its author are going to be affected all the same whether you said it or not.

rapterion
September 18, 2005, 6:29 pm
Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is why I brought my opinion here into the lounge, where it belongs with the rest of the whining stuff:P instead of flaming the backseat mods in the posts they modded. I'm not worried about being called an idiot because well... I dont think its true, it could still very well be though ;). Also yes I have played WC3, and it sucks, but as TheFunktopus said, peon does not come from warcraft, also why do angry norwegians assume that the newest warcraft is the one I got peon from, what if it was from WC1 or WC2 hmmmmm?:P But yeah peon means "A menial worker; a drudge." or "Such a worker bound in servitude to a landlord creditor." In other words, a powerless grunt.

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 1:34 am
Wow i was used for evidence, im so happy *wipes tear* in the post used, i was making 2 points, that the Soldat Improvements Discussion forum section is for discussion on improvements alkready discussed in the Game Improvements / Suggestions forum section and i was mocking i am ahab rediculus format of his reply.
conclusion: :P some people need to be told, i dont whine about it but when it happens ill say it. this is not an effort to be a moderator nor to annoy people but to bring awareness of posting in the wrong forum section, i do it to allow people to change there post to better suit the forum section and to make them selves look less like an idiot