( search forums )
ctf_ae_complex
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 6:46 pm
Hi, this is my first map in PW (first ever). I called it ctf_ae_complex beacause i don't know a better name xD.

Screenshot:
Overview : http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/2215/ctfaecomplex5wt.png
Blue Base (same of red base but just like in a mirror ( X: -100 ): http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4369/ctfaecomplexbluebase0ov.jpg
Middle : http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4903/ctfaecomplexmiddle1wl.jpg

Download: ( Need to bee waypointed first)

Credits:
Scenery : Avarax' maps
Textures : Dunno... Downloaded a lot.
... ?

So, i need a good waypointer :D... Who want to waypoit ctf_ae_complex?
Thanks.

Any comments are welcome.

DeMonIc
September 16, 2005, 7:34 pm
1. Use more polygons, and place them in a more 'natural' way. Check out some of the default maps (like Maya) for example. Also use more natural colours: red and blue didn't work for Kampf, so it's not going to work for you either if you use it on such a mass scale.

2. The map doesn't have borders. Big mistake in terms of balance: the flagger could fall off, thus bringing the game to hault for half a minute or so. It's generally a bad idea to leave your maps open like that. The lack of a ceiling is also bad: people can boost up high and come raining down, making the gameplay chaotic.

3. While on the gameplay: the map has 1 route, and some structure for the bases, and that's it. If you want a playable map, you'll need atleast two routes, or the gameplay will be just spray spray and spray. (especially if you leave bases open like that)

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 7:43 pm
..so ...nice...lets put it on the fridge!

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 7:46 pm
Hmz, it's my first map... Thank you verry much for the advice! But about the routes : upper and lower... that are 2 routes..

DeMonIc
September 16, 2005, 7:53 pm
Actually it's one and a half. 2 routes are 2 completely divided ones, or atleast 70% divided ones. Here you can blast the alternate route players from below with a hail of bullets.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 8:05 pm
Ok. I'll put that in my mind for the next one ^.^

Thanks.

Raptor
September 16, 2005, 8:30 pm
Man... your polygons are too... ... ... square. Try making curved surfaces next time!

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 4:47 pm
Idea is generally ok. I don't care "square layout", but problem is only one path, no borders and it's very campish.

GAMEOVER
September 17, 2005, 5:37 pm
Too plain and too much space.

blackdevil0742
September 17, 2005, 6:21 pm
If it just was less boxy, some more routes and some scenery.. then I would've liket it more.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 8:42 pm
Yea, i got a new map now, ctf_ae_complex was my first ever..

numgun
September 18, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by sit-anger..so ...nice...lets put it on the fridge!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!11one
*explodes*

Silent Soldier
September 18, 2005, 8:08 am
Actually it really doesn't look very complex at all, try to make better next time.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 8:28 am
quote:[i]Originally posted by numgun[/i

LMFAO!!!!!!!!11one
*explodes*

What? =P i can't help i had father feelings at that moment! i was on drugs!

sande24
September 18, 2005, 10:20 am
Are there only... 37 polygons on this map? OMFG! it was so easy to make a map for you...