( search forums )
admin server through the web
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 11:08 pm
i noticed something the other day. if you type a soldat ip:port into a web browzer you get.

Soldat Admin Connection Established...
Admin connected (YOUR IP).
Invalid server password. Cannot login.
Admin failed to connect (YOUR IP).

mar77a
September 16, 2005, 11:23 pm
Obiously that means that you connect ot the server as an admin, but you cant pass a password, so you get rejected. If you want ot connect through web, try [url="http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=21587"][/url].

FliesLikeABrick
September 16, 2005, 11:51 pm
yeah, i noticed this a year or two ago. Basically any TCP/IP connection will do the same thing, because the server recognizes a TCP connection (instead of UDP, which is what the game client uses), and figures it is an admin trying to connect.

When you connect in a web browser, your web browser is sending a lot of other junk along with just the connection but the server ignores it. If you go to cmd, and type telnet<enter> you can admin a server through there, as long as you type the password quickly enough after connecting.

As I said, any TCP client program will do this, but very few will allow you to send the password in the correct amount of time.

Deleted User
September 16, 2005, 11:53 pm
its not that i wanted to connect through the web i was just playing with the idea that maybe something is being planned or that i missed something.

FliesLikeABrick
September 17, 2005, 6:40 am
yep, i know. i was just explaining the details to anyone who was wondering, or for people to generally read and walk away knowing something

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 1:39 am
Yeah, I walked away knowing something. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.