( search forums )
CTF Duel
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
September 17, 2005, 12:15 am
CTF Duel

It took me a pretty long time to make this map and it wasn't easy... the worst part was placing sceneries. The map is perfectly waypointed, and it took me 1 hour and a half to waypoint it, but the bots don't seem to fail following their path!

ALSO te center of the map is pretty empty because that's the "Dueling" area, I could have made a bunker or a tower in the middle, but that part is the way it is because I wanted the map to have an empty part in the middle xD (some mappers complain that many of my maps """looks empty""" and I don't like it, that's why I keep repeating things)... Please download!

Overview:

[IMAGE]

Download:
Click Here

I hope you like this map!

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 12:16 am
great map:D!!

i like the jungelish style..

mar77a
September 17, 2005, 12:32 am
Mmm, nice, simetrycal...humpf....

The colors are fine. The shading is a bit monotonous, but still present and im glad it is there. Regarding the waypoints -> 8/10 :) (Why did you take so long????) There are some tips you still need to get to now.

You have my congratulations: Exceeds expectances.

DeMonIc
September 17, 2005, 7:29 am
Now that's a good map, if I do say so myself :) Like you said, the middle seems empty, but that's evened out because of the spawn point / flag placement. The emptyness could be solved with a few sceneries though. Other than that, it's your best map yet. Keep on making maps like these :)

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 4:43 pm
One fast map :D

==> downloading...

_Mancer_
September 17, 2005, 5:04 pm
Nice. A little too organic in shape for me though.

GAMEOVER
September 17, 2005, 5:39 pm
looks like a fun map to play almost looks likea face in the middle with 2 claws on the side surounded by a chevy logo lol.

Giantarm
September 17, 2005, 5:43 pm
It'd be easy to camp here though,unless it was realistic mode. THat would be interesting.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 5:56 pm
Haha! nice Raptor like it =D

But hehe (I'm an pain in the ass) i think u should have added some polys in the middle anyway! =D

not big just some small round thingys u could circle around and duel!

blackdevil0742
September 17, 2005, 6:24 pm
it looks good.. well made. But why , why? No tower in the middle ;(
Anyway it's good

Rambo_6
September 17, 2005, 7:06 pm
Could do with more variety in the colors. Otherwise nicely done.

GluLm
September 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
Very nice work. I think it lacks of something in middle though, like barrels or sandbags to take cover... Also the tunnel looks a bit useless to escape with the flag. Perhaps the entrances are too tight.
Otherwise it's really good, colour scheme is ok. Pretty decent map. Good job!

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 4:50 am
nice map!

Raptor
September 20, 2005, 10:50 pm
lol

Thanks everyone for those comments! I really mean it! I guess I should have made something in the middle xD
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERlooks like a fun map to play almost looks likea face in the middle with 2 claws on the side surounded by a chevy logo lol.

Hey! I haven't noticed that... lol

Rambo_6
September 22, 2005, 10:39 pm
Giantarm, your sig breaks the rules indefinitely.

Raptor, you should consider adding something in the center, like a large pile of crates...

Hoodlum
September 22, 2005, 11:01 pm
Pretty nice.

Lol the layout reminds me of a monkey if you look at it good.

tntnik
September 22, 2005, 11:05 pm
pretty sweet map, but as most ppl said, u should add just a bit more sceneries in the centre or some small hills + some colour variations. GJ!

Deleted User
September 23, 2005, 12:18 am
lol raptor it looks like poo, but's it's a good map

josheat
September 26, 2005, 1:04 am
i reckon this map is good as! you should make a TDM version, so if you ever encounter a noob in some game that thinks hes better than you, set the mode to survival, and duel him! that would be awesome

NuZZ
September 26, 2005, 5:11 am
sic