( search forums )
Linux error - Segmentation Fault
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Fetish
September 17, 2005, 4:34 pm
when i try to run ./soldatserver (v237) with patch i got error : Segmentation Fault..need help?!?!? distro Slackware 10.1

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 7:55 am
a segmentation fault occurs when a program tries to access a memory location that it is not allowed to access.

there are several reason, why i can occur:
- a buggy os
- a buggy program or program language
or a graver reason:
- damaged ram or hd

i dont know slackware, but i hope u using a stable version. soldatserver runs fine on linux afaik, never hear a serious problem with the newer versions, but soldat wasnt written for linux in the first place.
it is hard to give u an advise on this in my opinion. :/
do u had earlier segfaults or just with soldat?

Fetish
September 18, 2005, 10:30 am
this box is my web and irc server for lan..and i never got any problem with anything.this is my firs segfault on this box..hmm..X win isn't install ..can that be a problem? but i dont think so..

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 12:09 pm
yeh I got this problem alot with my server, it has somthing to do with the mode in which you uploaded the MAPS to your server, I think you need to upload them in binary mode.

Fetish
September 18, 2005, 12:45 pm
hmh..i download soldatserver237.zip and soldatpatch237.zip with wget from another box..i even try with samba..still same error

frogboy
September 18, 2005, 12:53 pm
Try without soldatpatch237.zip - that's just for people with older versions of the server to update it.

Fetish
September 18, 2005, 7:41 pm
same error :(

i am ahab
September 18, 2005, 11:22 pm
slackware: as secure as a nuns nether regions. but what? you want to 'run' something on it.... no no no no no! that won't do!

i jest, sorry ive never had that problem on fedora, knubuntu or suse. i plan to try bsd. as soon as i pluck up the courage. i fear it may bring on the end of the world.