( search forums )
game type thingy: cyclemode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
a-4-year-old
September 18, 2005, 1:56 pm
ok i donno if this would be a game mode or game type, it doesn't matter
i was thinking about all these barretards who can only use the barret, so here it is:
in this (option) the players all start with the degals every time they die they have to use the next weapon on the list, while still playing the gamemode. you pick your secondary, this would even out all the "barretards" so they are forced to get better with other weapons. i have no idea how hard this would be to impement. discuss

Michal
September 18, 2005, 4:30 pm
The concept is good, but I don't like how the idea of going down the list. First of all, players would all start with deagles at the start of a new game, then some people might /kill themselves until they get to ther favourite weapon.
I think it would be best if a random weapon was issued on spawn.
This would make gameplay more interesting, and would reduce whining. I really think a mode like this would show the true skill of players, not just those who have mastered a single weapon.

numgun
September 18, 2005, 4:33 pm
hmpf... why all hates barret and its users? join the ''barret-side'' ur self and experience the force of the barret!!! or if ur a autonoob, then be it. ; D

on topic: the idea is good, i like it. it would be like another type of advance mode or sumthing. (tho im not sure if it will be used often)

zyxstand
September 18, 2005, 5:37 pm
also, some ppl might just always switch to their socom if they don like their primary..?
Michal, they can still do the /kill till they get their gun on random-gun-issuing mode*

i dunno what ppl's problems is with barret users... obviously you yourself dunno how to use it to its fullest extent (not including camping) cuz otherwise i'm sure you would! and if you always choose a different gun then you obviously dunno which gun is stronger or it advantages/disadvantages in maps.

Michal
September 18, 2005, 5:53 pm
quote:Michal, they can still do the /kill till they get their gun on random-gun-issuing mode*
Yeah, but if it's random then it is very unpredictable, there's a 1 in 10 chance of them getting their desired weapon. If it goes by the list then someone knows they just have to /kill themselves 7 times until they get their precious barett :P

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 8:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand
and if you always choose a different gun then you obviously dunno which gun is stronger or it advantages/disadvantages in maps.

Actually, my personal experiences suggests the exact opposite--people who use a wider array of guns are more aware of the advantages each gun has over the others in different maps and game modes, and are able to chose the best gun for the occasion by utilizing that knowledge. People who only stick to a single weapon, on the other hand, lack such information and experience, and thus rely upon the gun that has the most apparent usefulness... Barret or M79.

I like this idea, as it'd create an unpredictable game where you don't necessarily know exactly what you're likely to be up against. Players would have to alter their strategies constantly; the player who is best able to adapt quickly and has the best overall competence with all of the guns will emerge the victor, as opposed to the hardcore barreters, m79ers, mp5ers, and knifers never use anything else.

papasurf31
September 18, 2005, 9:21 pm
I remember something like this in Ratchet and Clank <3. Execpt, instead of choosing a weapon when you die, everytime you expend all that weapons ammo/a certain time has passed, the game will randomly switch you to another weapon.

grand_diablo
September 18, 2005, 10:11 pm
heh, me likes

the randomizing idea is good, it actually pwns the advance mode.

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 12:45 am
Hrm. Would it be possible to make it so it only picks a new weapon when you die to someone else? Then again people could just rush blindly and die purposely for a new weapon...Which would just make another flaw, but there could also be some kind of implementation where the more deaths you have theres like some kind of restrictment..Oh its all too confusing.

¤JOJO¤
September 19, 2005, 6:56 am
I think its a good idea to create a game type with random weapons at the spawn. Very good alternative to barretards !

numgun
September 19, 2005, 5:59 pm
to post above: U A**HOLE!!!!!!!!111one
(sry for swearing, but people are annoying when they say that ''barret-retard'' word >: O)

a-4-year-old
September 19, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideHrm. Would it be possible to make it so it only picks a new weapon when you die to someone else? Then again people could just rush blindly and die purposely for a new weapon...Which would just make another flaw, but there could also be some kind of implementation where the more deaths you have theres like some kind of restrictment..Oh its all too confusing.

it's not a flaw, if they want to they could get you to easily kill them they can, but they get a death, so the score for a 1-1 game aggenst that player would be like...

______________kills__________deaths___________ping
a-4-year-old____28_____________5_______________53 *changing*
major__________5______________30______________0 (his server)
camper________2______________2_______________70*changing*
lagger56kman___0______________4_____________5999*omfg*

they would still do bad if they kamakazied through the game like our friend major here they would really have to pwn to do good at all

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgun(sry for swearing, but people are annoying when they say that ''barret-retard'' word >: O)

Barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard.
Barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard, barretard. :D

Anyways, I think this would be a great mode. It'd force people to rely on overall skill rather than skill with a certain weapon, and it'd get rid of the barretards.

a-4-year-old
September 19, 2005, 10:00 pm
wow that was a fast post...

anyway,Barretard would be used less, i remember the dark/Barretard side, *flashback!*
the barret, a weapon of skill, when used correctly,*don don don*

i remember the old days when me being a Barretard could actually use it without crouching or proning to shoot.

i remember being able to take the flag and actually score, taking out all the ppl in the blue base (camping Barretards) some with barret, some with a knife and some with nades.

i remember running back to the base bacwards wile shooting the pursuing m79er and capping the flag then go back to do it again.

but now there are nOOb Barretards who bring disgrace to the Barret name, so i retired to a life of rugers deagles stygers and aks to be a Barretard never again *crappy poem thing*

Kyklis
September 19, 2005, 10:05 pm
This WOULD be a fun mode. Should be considered =D.

As for " barretards " and people who only use one weapon and never anything else is usually because the weapon they use is versitile and they are good at it. I use Baret mostly, but occaisionally I'll switch if it's a extremely enclosed space.

vash763
September 19, 2005, 11:27 pm
I support this idea, and 4; i'm with ya (- the ruger)

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 12:21 am
What!! no ruger! it's like the anti-barretard. exept every wep can kill a barretard if he/she misses............................. barretard! (sry i had to)

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 6:16 am
ya this is GREAT MAYBE EVEN GOD LIKE oh naa there would just switch to a non (Please refrain from swearing) sever

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 6:17 am

btw there may be barretards but al least there not retards

GAMEOVER
September 20, 2005, 7:55 am
Ive seen servers with this already where certain weapons dont get unlocked til you kill so much or w/e

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 8:46 pm
thats advanced mode gameover, this is different, im talking about where you always have a primary, but you can't choose it

quote:Originally posted by jebushunterya this is GREAT MAYBE EVEN GOD LIKE oh naa there would just switch to a non (Please refrain from swearing) sever

1-you quoted yourself
2-you quoted yourself in a 2nd consecutive post
3-there are no non (whatever you said) servers
4-you spelled server wrong
5-you contributed nothing to the actual discussion
so go back to your little whole in the ground, you waist of bandwith!

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 9:44 pm
You know jebushunter that you've just made your post:
1.-annoying
2.-you look like an authist boy (sorry if misspelled)
3.-sounds like very weird

Now to contribute with the actual post I think its a good idea and can be made with all gamemodes/types to prevent camping and BT guys
and would be very fun to all soldat gamers to know how to use another weapons than barret,deagles etc...

Kyklis
September 20, 2005, 11:59 pm
Randomized switching would be great. A few other ideas:

In team games, each member gets a differant weapon. This would make differant team members to take a differant role. The weapons that each member would switch either in x minute interverals, or not until the next round.

In Deathmatch or any other game, everyone starts with same weapon, then in x minute interverals everyone gets a new weapon ( BUT, the new weapon would be the same for everyone. EX) Everyone starts with Deagles, in 5 minutes, everyone gets MP5 once they respawn, and so on ).

Just a quick addition to this first one, but this wouldn't really matter, but maybe the team membes would get to PICK their role/weapon, but there would be a limit to how many weapons each team could have ( Ex) With a limit to only 2 MP5's per team, once 2 people choose MP5, nobody else would be able to pick it ( It would either turn grey or just dissapear ). This would actually be very fun. You'd still get a chance to choose a weapon your remotely good at, but there would be a variation. This could also work very well for WW2 based mods and maps ( You would have gunners ( Minimi? ), Riflemen ( Ruger ), Infantry ( MP5, AK74, Steyr Aug ) and Sniper ( Barret ). Or any mod, and would make working as a team ALOT more important. ( Ex Get 2 Infantry to move forward slowly, with a gunner behind them and a sniper covering from the rear ).

As for this whole " Barretard " thing, I'm assuming it means that if you use the Barret more than 90% of the time, you are one ( I think it's this because I'm called one all the time because of using the Barret for a while ). However, most people only use one particular weapon, be it AK74, or Deagles, or Ruger. Therefore there are Rugertards, Deagletards and AKtards as well. This insult really dosen't bother me when saying " You use the barret alot " is just as insulting ( Btw, it's not insulting at all :P ).

a-4-year-old
September 21, 2005, 8:49 pm
i think the 4th paragraph covers the basic clan... i still agree with it tho

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 1:34 am
I think its good idea because it could make teamgames more "teamy"so every body needs other to capture/hold the flag

a-4-year-old
September 25, 2005, 6:07 pm
do you mean Kyklis' post or the topic
Ehh i aggree with them both so it doesn't really matter,
thank you for your contribution to the forums (my friend bet $10 i wouldn't say that XD)

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 5:06 pm
BARRETS ROCK!

nfsjunkie91
November 18, 2005, 2:51 am
maybe, instead of random weapon @ start, you can only use a particular weapon 3x in a row, and then you have to pick another. and I'm pretty sure Michal Marcinkowski could make it so you wouldd have to be KILLED, instead of /kill - ing or m79ing yourself, so that you can't cheat teh system.

Tybs
November 18, 2005, 11:50 am
I like the idea that Kyklis mentioned... it reminds me of america's army a bit. I think a limit for each weapon type within the team will be good for the gameplay. Random weapon select however, can be very useful too... i dont think many people would keep killing themselves for random weapons, for its way easier to just pick a server without random weapon select.

Close Combat
November 18, 2005, 6:29 pm
I agree u guys sure are inventive. YALL might invent the next cheesecake :)

a-4-year-old
November 18, 2005, 10:27 pm
thank you... thank you... autographs after the presentation :D well thanks all for your opinions on this topic

@close combat: CHEESECAKE PAWNS!!!!!