( search forums )
compiled and saved so where is my map?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
elfninja
September 19, 2005, 2:40 am
ok so i made a map complete with waypoints for bots and everything. and i complied it and saved it and i saved it in the maps folder of soldat folder. So how come its not there? In fact i searched and its not on my computer anywhere so i lost all my work. What went wrong? I realise this is probably a very silly question to some of you, but i only had the map editer for a couple of hours, so i am very new at this.

Elfninja

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 6:23 am
...Erhm! ..same thing happend to me! probably u did same thing as me..

Worked hard and long,pretty late..then u think , I'm done! and feel very tired so u compiled it..while its compiling youre just sitting and waiting..and quick getting more tired...then when its compiled u think! THINK! that u saved it..and exits the map maker!

elfninja
September 19, 2005, 6:43 pm
well it was late, but i was saving as i went along, so i know i did save it several times, and i even kept it open when i first checked in soldat to see if it appeared in the list of maps for pointmatch. However it did not so i though perhaps the name was the problem cause it started lower case and all the other maps are uppcase at start unless they are ctf or htf or inf etc, so i changed the name of the file when i went to resave it. I am therefore quite sure that i saved it after i compiled it.

Elfninja

Deleted User
September 19, 2005, 6:54 pm
Do you have to write your name right after your post?..credits =P

I promise you it always comes up in pointmatch whatever the name is...

its only in infiltration,ctf and hold the flag its neccesary with a tag in front

elfninja
September 20, 2005, 12:10 am
the reason it did not come up was cause it was not there. I searched my computer, and it was nowhere! It did not give me any errors when i tried to save, it just did not seem to really save it. I am perplexed. Must be some dead obvious thing i have not done, or something similarly lame, but i never used this before so i dont know what that could be.

Elfninja
(just a habit from emails i guess)

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 4:04 pm
No really...i could figure out that is the reason cuz whatever the name is it should show up..otherwise it isn't there

Okey well lets go to the solotion: ..U can NOTHING DO! =O just remake!

Serius i think u did everything right..maybe u didn't save?..bug?..or u got some computer virus whic maybe delete files..but i dunno =O

Sit-anger
(Okey i get it)