( search forums )
2 things regarding proning
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
September 19, 2005, 9:18 pm
sry to post another proning topic but this would help ppl out a lot (esp. those trying to dodge things (bullets, knives, nades, etc.)

...but before that i'd like to state my first idea:
1)
the ability to get up by jsut pressing up (w). THAT is truly an easier way to get up faster then pressing 'x' again...

now onto my second idea:
2)
this is the main idea of this topic:
a new feature that adds more versatility to the game - the ability to get up from prone position by making a short roll backwards or forwards, and thus getting back to the game faster. this surly would be a cool way to dodge [vertical] incoming projectiles and also a quick way to get back into the game.

Meandor
September 20, 2005, 2:57 pm
Post it in the other thread next time.

F3nyx
September 20, 2005, 4:25 pm
I am 100% in support of any new ways to rise from the prone position. In fact there's no reason why they couldn't all be implemented simultaneously...

Keron Cyst
September 20, 2005, 6:19 pm
I agree with both.

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 8:57 pm
ehh... the first idea is great if by (w) you mean jump (i think you are) how would you be able to do the roll (button?)anyway?

zyxstand
September 20, 2005, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorPost it in the other thread next time.

sry but i believe its completely different from the other two's suggestion...

quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldehh... the first idea is great if by (w) you mean jump (i think you are) how would you be able to do the roll (button?)anyway?

yes, 'w' is default for up/jump. toi roll up you'd simply press [left or right] + [up] and he'd do a roll...woot!

Michal
September 20, 2005, 9:36 pm
1) Yes, I like this idea.

2) Also a good idea, I'm guessing the simplest way to do it would be pressing down+right/left while prone.

blackdevil0742
September 20, 2005, 9:55 pm
1) I support it 100%
2) Not sure

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 10:41 pm
Not sure about this... That would enable barretards to escape alot easier from camping also :\

Phydaux
September 20, 2005, 10:51 pm
Prone gives you better accuracy and less visibility. Making it easier to get up would unbalance the manoeuvre (the accuracy "bonus" would have to be reduced, in favour of manoeuvrability.).

If you want to roll and get up quick, then crouch.

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 12:12 am
I dont use prone for the accuracy, I use it for the dodgyness, EFF THE ACCURACY AND ON WITH TEH DODGYNESS!

I like this idea, and generally any legitimate suggestion to make soldat more fun and easier to not just be shot and killed, and to do some insane matrix stuff.

Keron Cyst
September 21, 2005, 12:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Zambino... That would enable barretards to escape alot easier from camping also :\
Then disable it for those prone with Barret xD

zyxstand
September 21, 2005, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Zambino... That would enable barretards to escape alot easier from camping also :\
Then disable it for those prone with Barret xD

...nothing in soldat prevents specific gun from getting disadvantages (specific*)
however, if ur really good then you can do some cool crzy stuff im about to teach u:
nade jump to get around a camper that you know is there but ur out of his sight - then drop ur secondary and punch him once.
works real well in ctf_B2B when someone camps on high ground - you punch his barret off and make a run for the flag to your base...watch him follow you and punch the air couple of times........noobs. XD

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 6:32 am
gold, i love both, espiecally if the roll is done doing down+direction

numgun
September 21, 2005, 9:46 am
1 & 2: i luv em both. more abilities = more fun!

GAMEOVER
September 21, 2005, 10:06 am
Just using jump should unprone you along with the default prone imo.

zyxstand
September 21, 2005, 9:23 pm
...i wonder why big M didn't already implement the 'up = unprone'...

yes...the 'down + right/left' is better than 'up + right/left' (in case you press 'up' slightly before left or right, it wouldn't make a difference with 'down')

NEMO-d3-Lamo
September 22, 2005, 5:56 pm
The first idea is nice! I also think a jetpack=unprone+fly to be added.
The second idea is good too... but try making a roll backwards from a proned position in reality! =)))))))

Dark_Noddy
September 22, 2005, 8:10 pm
I think its quite nice that its complicated to get up while proning ;)