( search forums )
Rag Doll Kung Fu on Steam
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheHostFat
September 20, 2005, 1:17 am
quote:Originally posted by Poopsy
This just in via a press release from Doug Lombardi:
Rag Doll Kung Fu, a wildly entertaining new game from designer Mark Healey, will be made available to gamers everywhere on October 12, 2005 via Steam.

Featuring a wide collection of single and multiplayer games, either online or with multiple mice, Rag Doll Kung Fu provides players with one of the most creative and unique game experiences delivered in years. Additionally, between game rounds, the challenges of an aspiring Kung Fu master are revealed via outlandish cut scenes inspired by classic Kung Fu cinema.

The game is the brainchild of artist and designer Mark Healey (who moonlights as a lead artist at Lionhead Entertainment). During last year's Game Developer Conference, Healey presented Rag Doll to industry colleagues. Immediately after this presentation, several Valve employees invited Healey to visit Valve and discuss Steam distribution of Rag Doll Kung Fu.

"Rag Doll was originally just an idea for me and some friends to have some fun making an old style Kung Fu movie," said Healey. "It's amazing to think that a tongue in cheek film project has now evolved into a full game being distributed via Steam. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as my friends and I enjoyed making it."

Steam offers developers and publishers a direct distribution channel to over 5.5 million customers. Rag Doll Kung Fu will be made available for purchase via Steam on October 12, 2005 for $12.95. For more information on Steam, please visit [URL]

Source: [URL]

Just for your info too all who are gonna buy the game =)
it would be cool to see Soldat on a news like this ;)

UGK
September 20, 2005, 1:30 am
Yeah...I thoguth this game was gonna be free....

TheHostFat
September 20, 2005, 1:33 am
$12.95 USD <- OMG!
-_-
I think that it isn't a big problem ...

UGK
September 20, 2005, 1:35 am
LOL I barely convinced my parents to register me to soldat. And they said that was my last thing bought on the internet.

a-4-year-old
September 20, 2005, 1:36 am
please move this, DON'T POST THINGS OFF-SOLDAT HERE! AND DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS

sounds like a crappy game that some cheep-guy made to make more money

TheHostFat
September 20, 2005, 1:40 am
This post is only a suggestion for the dev of soldat and a news about a new game.
quote:sounds like a crappy game that some cheep-guy made to make more money
Oh yes, he is "only" a lead artist at Lionhead Entertainment Studio :D

UGK
September 20, 2005, 1:45 am
Yeah why are you posting this here anyway? Post it in the lounge or someting... (gonna be locked or moved by b00sta!)

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 5:40 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldplease move this, DON'T POST THINGS OFF-SOLDAT HERE! AND DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS

sounds like a crappy game that some cheep-guy made to make more money
LOL U POSTED IN CAPS OMG ITS SO DAMM FUNNY OH WAIT IM POSTING IN CAPS SHIZASHA

i am ahab
September 20, 2005, 11:47 am
jeez girls calm down and try to talk about the topic. if you want to just babber and banter on at each other that is what irc is for.

anyway getting back, partially on topic, personally i think its atypical of valve to release things on steam that are overpriced. and since they joined up with EA after the fallout with vivendi expect a lot more like it.

but neither is this a counterstrike forum.

so as for soldat being released on such a thing as steam. i wouldn't hold your breath. to use steam michael would have to sell up to valve. i'd be surprised if they showed interest as they'd obviously want to make some money out of it. and how would they do that with soldat? charge for map downloads? or gametime?

and then theres the associated problem of having a drastically widened userbase, something that many forum goers are strongly opposed to.

as for the rag doll game, yeah i wanna play it, but it think i'll wait the usual few months till it becomes free ;)

i seem to remember there being a version of a similar side on game being linked in this forum....

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 12:14 pm
Aww....I hate staem with a passion...but the game.....the game....
Ahab I think you mean "Rag doll masters" or something to that effect....do a google search...that always helps...I cant be sure of the name

b00stA
September 20, 2005, 3:49 pm
This is not going to be moved anywhere, unless you guys manage to continue babbling about something off-topic.

I'm quite sure you won't see Soldat hosted by Steam.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 6:40 pm
steam SUCKS!!
i'm getting the game eitherway..

UGK
September 20, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAThis is not going to be moved anywhere, unless you guys manage to continue babbling about something off-topic.

I'm quite sure you won't see Soldat hosted by Steam.

Why not? i mean this has nothing to do with Soldat. should be moved to the lounge or something

i am ahab
September 21, 2005, 10:04 am
no you're right it has nothing to do with SODLAT.

fortunatly this is a soldat forum. and talking about soldat being on steam does have something to do with soldat you frickin gibbon.

stop trying to be cool. it doesn't suit you.

Meandor
September 21, 2005, 4:04 pm
Actually, it's about the possibility soldat being in steam. Which is totally unnecessary anyway. What does steam offer that we need?

i am ahab
September 21, 2005, 4:17 pm
all i had to say about it being on steam was:

quote:
so as for soldat being released on such a thing as steam. i wouldn't hold your breath. to use steam michael would have to sell up to valve. or pay. i'd be surprised if they showed interest as they'd obviously want to make some money out of it. and how would they do that with soldat? charge for map downloads? or gametime?

and then theres the associated problem of having a drastically widened userbase, something that many forum goers are strongly opposed to.

so basically steaming soldat would amount to
i) soldat becoming a money making venture, which currently it isnt, thus removing any need for that.
ii) lots more people playing. a topic that has annoyed people in the forum before.

neither of which are looked upon as positive. so i'm in agreement with you dude.

UGK
September 21, 2005, 4:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabno you're right it has nothing to do with SODLAT.

fortunatly this is a soldat forum. and talking about soldat being on steam does have something to do with soldat you frickin gibbon.

stop trying to be cool. it doesn't suit you.

ok ill stop...

blackdevil0742
September 21, 2005, 7:17 pm
A little part in me wants Soldat to be on steam because more ppl would play and that's a good thing.

Belier13
September 21, 2005, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742A little part in me wants Soldat to be on steam because more ppl would play and that's a good thing.

You should use your brain before posting stupid thing as that

UGK
September 24, 2005, 7:55 am
yeah I hate steam. It sucks when loading adn stuff.

frogboy
September 24, 2005, 8:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Belier13quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742A little part in me wants Soldat to be on steam because more ppl would play and that's a good thing.

You should use your brain before posting stupid thing as that
Brain?! What is brain?!?!!?!?!?!?

UGK
September 24, 2005, 8:28 am
YOu know the thing you need like for playing soldat and....i think thats about it...

lastpatriot
September 24, 2005, 1:26 pm
Will there be a demo for RDKF?

NavySeal
September 24, 2005, 5:36 pm
Steam is fine, I don't need to worry about downloading the wrong patch or try to search for it, its allready in when I start the game. It could be possible to make soldat to Source, just need to change so the camera just looking at one way and then edit so you can't move left and right, and looking forward for this game

LazehBoi
September 24, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotWill there be a demo for RDKF?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure there will.

Qazplm
September 25, 2005, 1:52 am
Why do some people complain abut steam? Its good step in the right diriection.

VodkaZombie
September 25, 2005, 2:22 am
I've never used steam, and never will. It sounds like a good idea but thats why theres google. Search.