( search forums )
Looking for work...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
asher
September 20, 2005, 6:26 am
hey, my names asher if you can't see....

I'm looking for some work to do, for people to do with soldat or somethign related to it. I dont play the game anymore, but i know enough about it. If the work you need me to do is paid, i dont really want your money. you can keep it. Thanks.

-Asher

reckon
September 20, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by asherhey, my names asher if you can't see....

I'm looking for some work to do, for people to do with soldat or somethign related to it. I dont play the game anymore, but i know enough about it. If the work you need me to do is paid, i dont really want your money. you can keep it. Thanks.

-Asher

asher
September 20, 2005, 6:39 am
what's that mean?

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 6:44 am
What do you do?

m00`
September 20, 2005, 6:46 am
wtf is soldat turning into an mmorpg

asher
September 20, 2005, 6:51 am
no, its just a simple question. I can currently do some html, and im learning how to do PHP and MySQL Web Development at the moment. I also have some friends that live near me that would also be willing to help out too.

-Asher

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 7:05 am
why dont you start your own mod or become a map maker, or pick up where soldat manager left off

asher
September 20, 2005, 7:07 am
i am currently making my own sodlat comminuty and counter strike one togther.. but i need soem more experience. so i am offering...

GAMEOVER
September 20, 2005, 7:47 am
Become a mod maker make tons and tons of mods take your time with each and every one and make them spectacular.

silly Suasag3
September 20, 2005, 8:45 am
?

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 9:59 am
whats the point of ^^ that post. alright asher i have 2 jobs for you, continue with soldat manager, and make a new map fortnightly based on a military mission that happened throught that fortnight, like kuma war. that would be sweet

i am ahab
September 20, 2005, 11:31 am
and go resurrect the ouden project. thats something to get your teeth into.

seriously though, mapping or modding. try that section.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 11:47 am
he wants to make money....

asher
September 20, 2005, 12:06 pm
what would be the point of making mods?

i am ahab
September 20, 2005, 12:57 pm
quote:
but i need soem more experience

that my dear, is your point.

asher
September 20, 2005, 2:52 pm
yes, and that's why i'm lookign for some jobs. I am only offering. Don't chuck a psycho about it.

TheFunktopus
September 20, 2005, 3:42 pm
He is not chucking any psychos about it. You asked what's the point of making mods, and, well, getting experience in modding is the point of making mods. Also fame, if you make a terribly bad or a terribly rad mod.

asher
September 20, 2005, 3:48 pm
yeah, i don't like mods. That's not what i meant. I probably should have explained what i wanted to help people with. Websites and servers is what i want to help people out with.

i am ahab
September 20, 2005, 4:07 pm
cheers funky. you're right i was hardly chucking a psycho.

if thats what you meant chief then why don't you contact some clans who need members or are just starting out -> as they're usually in their infancy they will be in the need for people with the skills you want to use.

and you can go from there. good luck searching.

asher
September 20, 2005, 4:11 pm
um... yes. i guess. but alright... check out my other posts. but ill tell here too.. I'm looking for some people who play soldat or have who wish to make a sodlat site with me. It's going to be a soldat community and we already have $60. We have a .com ready to go, and server is on it's way. is anybody interested in helping out me and my team already?

-thanks asher

Keron Cyst
September 20, 2005, 6:11 pm
Do you care if unpaid work I might have to offer is unrelated to Soldat?

rapterion
September 20, 2005, 10:09 pm
Ok so you want to help with soldat, and you said that you knew html and are learning php/mysql. Do you know any non web programming. That is something you could make a binary with, like C/C++, D, or VB? What do you want to do as far as helping with soldat?. You were given suggestions that you shot down, so if you dont want to do what was suggested, make some suggestions of your own.

As far as taking up where some other programmer left off, it might be a good idea to learn something other then html/php. Those are great tools to have for any programmer, but you will need to learn something thats more mainstream for applications.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 10:53 pm
um any dumbasz can make a mod~~even me ^_^~~

he whats to help with web pages so dont theow "make a mod" at him
and "hay how about u MAKE MODS"

UGK
September 20, 2005, 11:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by asherhey, my names asher if you can't see....

-Asher

A 1.3 Predator mod!

asher
September 20, 2005, 11:49 pm
in reply to rapterion, i would like to say thanks. How do i learn them C, C++ etc? do you have any hints to get me off?

Also what was the other work that you were talking about none related to soldat??

-Asher

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 1:09 am
A job maybe...?

asher
September 21, 2005, 5:18 am
what sort of job enesce? haha.. don't you dare rip me so everyone can see =P

UGK
September 21, 2005, 5:33 am
A job so you can earn money and get some food. ANd buy you some Nice ass grills.

rapterion
September 21, 2005, 6:45 am
Well to get started with learning a binary programming language, check out gamedev.net or planetsourcecode.com, or everyones favourite http://www.google.com/search?q=c%2B%2B%20tutorials