Behing the target, or
inbetween you and the target

Astro

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 11:45 am
i dont even look at the cursor sometimes, only the gun

Death Knight
September 20, 2005, 1:25 pm
I used to aim behind the target usually because my cursor was out to get forwards vision, but recently i have had more sucess aiming at the target, sort of increases the sensitivity in a way.

I can't see how just looking at the gun is helpful, but if it works for you.

DK

Silent Soldier
September 20, 2005, 1:36 pm
Depends, when I'm very close, I aim behind the target, when I'm far, I aim to the target or between me and target, blindshots; where did the bullet come from in the last seconds, may hit. Sometimes I have the same thing as dascoo.

Outcast
September 20, 2005, 2:15 pm
I don't look at the cursor...I aim by feeling and bullets.

i am ahab
September 20, 2005, 4:01 pm
i tend to keep the cursor fairly close to the edge of the scree in the direction i'm looking. to maximise my view... the rest just happens....

F3nyx
September 20, 2005, 4:15 pm
Generally a bit behind the target, to maximize my view, as "i am ahab" said above. Never in between, but sometimes at the same distance if the target's really far away.

giff
September 20, 2005, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabthe rest just happens....

That's exactly how I'd describe until. I never thought about 'how' I aim until this thread, and I guess I just DO it.

PS- Sweet username (Mastodon)

bl00dy_n0se
September 20, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by OutcastI don't look at the cursor...I aim by feeling and bullets.

Yes thats it! I just don't look where it is!
I just know that its most time near the edge of my screen..to see more of the game!

Keron Cyst
September 20, 2005, 6:04 pm
I hardly put the cursor behind an enemy unless I'm sniping; it's almost always directly above, unless he's very close.

blackdevil0742
September 20, 2005, 9:50 pm
I always put the cursor behind the "victim"

EndertheXenocide
September 20, 2005, 10:06 pm
I'm the same as Outcast. I do it mostly by feel. paying attention to where the cursor is only distracts from my aimimg.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 10:06 pm
I never try to keep the cursor on the soldat, so I put it a little behind 'em.

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 11:53 pm
Well, when i used to ruger a while ago my cursor would always be behind the guy, sometimes way behind him, and id make magic hits like that, its weird, my cursor would some how fly out of control. Well, after some experience in deagles, my aim snapped onto the soldat at all times, which is now my typical way of aiming. I do get a feel for the aim though, like cursor or no cursor i can make the shot just by basicly guessing where to shoot judging by soldat speed and bullet arch...rather weird.

lieroguy
September 21, 2005, 12:19 am
For me, it's different for each weapon. For weapons like the MP5, AK-47, nd FN Minimi, I just shoot instinctively, beause I can afford to waste bullets on tracing. I tend to run the cursor an inch behind them, but in frantic battle, it doesn't always work out like that.

On semi-auto weapons, I tend to take more time, and one one-shot killers, I aim the cursor right on the guy with compensation for drop.

Keron Cyst
September 21, 2005, 1:34 am
Well, of course I don't really watch the cursor in the heat of a battle, as with EndertheXenocide and Outcast, but that's not answering the question now, is it? :-P

UGK
September 21, 2005, 2:01 am
I put My predator cursor on the victim. Very accurate with the sniper line

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 6:42 am
when im consentrating the curser follows where im looking, i dont make any concious effort to do it it just does it so when i look at an enemie is naturly goes on target

mickle89
September 21, 2005, 8:12 am
Think about this:

Having the cursor wide out means greater view, more accuaracy but more moving the cursor if you miss which takes more time.

Having the cursor closer to you means less view, less accuracy but less of moving the cursor if you miss which takes less time.

Death Knight
September 21, 2005, 9:13 am
Thats what i meant by sensitivity earlier. I find that aiming too far behind you cant move fast enough

DK

Green Barret
September 21, 2005, 9:39 am
Well, I don't consciously aim with the cursor, but I find myself putting the cursur behind the intended target at all ranges. As a result my aiming is really accurate but my turning speed at close ranges. Well, turning up mouse sensitivity has solved it.

However, at times when I want to deceive an enemy player into thinking im looking the other way, I keep my cursor really close to my soldat's body then turn around immediately as soon as I see the player. Often the person would be tricked into thinking that I can't see him, only to get quickly mown down.

GAMEOVER
September 21, 2005, 9:56 am
I use a cursor and no sniper line. I put my cursor on the target all the time everytime, the ONLY time I take my cursor off the target is if their moving up or down then ill either aim above or below them.

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 11:57 am
I keep the cursor on the target at all times (allowing for bullet arc and target movement of course). And I never touch sniper line either. I'm pretty much the same as GAMEOVER I guess.

Qazplm
September 25, 2005, 2:25 am
Hard question i don't realy know how i aim becous if i do i generaly miss. But i know one thing that i never have my coursor on the other side of the screen expet if the enemy is there.

VodkaZombie
September 25, 2005, 2:27 am
My mouse is crappy, so it hits almost randomly at the target.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 5:38 am
with ruger I aim like this:

<ME>
|
|
|
<NME>
<}{>

I aim behind them

I dont really look at my cursor, It's instinct now.