( search forums )
possibility to toggle the gravity!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
numgun
September 21, 2005, 9:56 am
as the title says: u could change the gravity in the actual game or add this feature to the map maker. think of it! no grav: powerups floating in air, soaring nades, corpses flying around. or... super grav! u cant jump, fall of a edge of a mountain with lightspeed and other cool stuff!

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 10:18 am
yeah man if you could make it so that the soldat could walk on the walls and roof in no gravity, this would rock, thered be all soughts of problems with making your guy come down in low grav if you couldnt walk on all sides

GAMEOVER
September 21, 2005, 10:47 am
That dont sound like a bad idea at all

numgun
September 21, 2005, 1:14 pm
hmm... walk on the roof or walls? but that would be just changing the point of gravitation...
i'll say no.I will stay still with my idea(first post)... it just would be cool and add new fun stuff into the game.

Keron Cyst
September 21, 2005, 6:57 pm
There should also be a Gravity= command for weapons.INI.

Silent Soldier
September 21, 2005, 6:59 pm
Hmm... The gravity change would be almost same as slow-motioning the game, if you toggle it to less.

numgun
September 21, 2005, 7:43 pm
slow mo? well almost... : P u will be able to jump higher(but slower) and running would be more like soaring... but the bullets will be the same in 0 grav i guess

tRaQs
September 25, 2005, 7:41 pm
yeah it would be, but there would have to be something done, in order for it not to be abused, but on these mod servers that are supposed to be like the future, it would add some real fun, could you imagine the challenges of using some weapons though? this would surely solve m79ers XD

paramud
September 25, 2005, 9:45 pm
This actually gives me an idea.
In weapons.ini there should be an option for how far the splash damage pushes/pulls you.
It make a great gravity bomb.

xtishereb
September 25, 2005, 10:02 pm
It's an interesting idea. It sure would piss people off who use weapons that are affected more by gravity (Spas, M79). Negative gravity would be wacked.
What about having gravity only for players, or only for bullets? Think about it, you could have people going at normal gravity but bullets going at half-gravity.

a-4-year-old
September 26, 2005, 12:47 am
NO MORE GRAVITY TOPICS!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 2:39 am
(Remember "The Great Ignore" people ;) )
Sounds like an awesome idea as a server command. Perhaps an option if you want bullets, players or both to be affected by the new gravity?

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 9:23 pm
meh my topic got locked :(

Corazon-Ray
September 27, 2005, 5:54 am
I think this would be useful, i've been wanting to make a map like something directly out of ender's game and 0g would make this alot easier.

numgun
September 27, 2005, 12:17 pm
hmm grav weapons? sounds fun, how about a ''gravity well'' which sucks everything!

TheFunktopus
September 27, 2005, 1:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere should also be a Gravity= command for weapons.INI.

How would that work? Bullets that attract soldiers/powerups?

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 12:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Corazon-RayI think this would be useful, i've been wanting to make a map like something directly out of ender's game and 0g would make this alot easier.

i didnt even think of enders game 0_0.....all the possibilties

The End
October 1, 2005, 10:48 pm
Yeah zero gravity would rock.
How about when in zero gravity you'd have a jetpack?

I mean a bit like the current jetboots, but you'll fly in the direction
where you aim.

drak68
October 2, 2005, 2:41 am
Theres a topic in an other forum that say how to make a jet pack... but because i dont remember the forum ill say how to make one.

You need to put this instead of the chain saw in the weapons.ini

[Chainsaw]
Damage=1
FireInterval=5
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=150
Speed=-300
Bulletstyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

Then you just need to point at the direction you need with the chainsaw to fly there.

It only works with automatic weapons and the m79 and it dont work with the punch and the knife.

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 2:48 am
Turning the gravity off would make for some awesome space battles with the Soldat Mecha mod... As opposed to that current meteor belt map or whatever where you have some meteors and a REALLY long fall below.

I think changing the direction gravity pulls you over the map as a whole would be nice too, as I had said in those other gravity topics. That would make for some rather interesting maps.

Chameleon
October 8, 2005, 4:34 am
maybe make it like another mod, kinda like advance mode

like have a check box by that stuff, like this
|_| realistic mode
|_| Gravity 100%
|_| Advanced mode

numgun
October 8, 2005, 5:59 pm
BINGO! that is a uber good idea (above my post)
|_|realistic
|_|gravity ??? <--(set grav power)
|_|advance

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by tRaQsyeah it would be, but there would have to be something done, in order for it not to be abused, but on these mod servers that are supposed to be like the future, it would add some real fun, could you imagine the challenges of using some weapons though? this would surely solve m79ers XD

it would be really hard for anyone, considering the bulletes all would start to slow down and float around like you in "0" gravity. Maybe it should not be "0" but just less of a gravity to create a more moon like atmosphere, instead of completely no atmosphere. Just imagine the only way to get around in soldat it to use jet-pack and when it runs out, you float around prone to enemies while it reloads. =P sounds like fun!

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 7:45 pm
Actually, in a zero gravity environment, the bullets would go straight forever without ever slowing down, due to inertia. If they behaved as you described, then the Earth would have slowed down and sunk into the sun billions of years ago.

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 8:45 pm
zero gravity would cause you to get stuck or go on forever, gravity=bad

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 4:04 am
You'll use anything to kill an idea, won't you? All you gotta do is just have the map closed in on all sides, and the only problem to fix would be finding a way to make the soldats fly downwards--which, using your jets to blast yourself downwards would be a really cool ability anyway... *imagines flying straight down into the alpha base at high speed in ctf_kampf*