( search forums )
polygons which make gravity
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 12:16 pm
this is kinda like numgun's idea......but not really. Ok so this is how it goes:

there would be the maps gravity, then polygon gravity, so if you get near a polygon you would get pulled into it's gravity well. the maps gravity would be like this, normal(what they are now) light(moon like)
none, and heavy(where it's like jupiter and you can barely use your jets). the poygon gravity would be measured in 1:tiny gravity-5:heavy. there could be also -1 so then it pushes you away instead of pulling you in. if there is no gravity you can move around with your jets, and turning and stuff would be done with the mouse. this is good cus then there could be possible colony maps, and gravity is in the inside but not on the out.

numgun
September 21, 2005, 1:21 pm
good idea... but what if u place that poly above the soldier and set it to 5 (heavy gravity) u would get stuck... sorta. u would be able to shoot but u cant move... same for the walls.
but i still do support this idea: bullets would be affected by gravity... just imagine: a zig zaggin' barret shot!

i am ahab
September 21, 2005, 2:49 pm
this'd sartinly add some interestin' map makin' postibilities

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 10:10 pm
lol good idea numgun, now you can bend the bullets trajectory

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 1:15 am
This'd make for some great maps.

- Tek -
September 24, 2005, 7:31 am
Hmm, what if we could make it where you could walk on wall or a roof. Or perhaps play on a very large site's globe, or perhaps a colony liek gundam wing. I suppose it could be very awkard. But perhaps what if the map rotated around you?

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 2:05 pm
no it would be abused so much, the bullets would go everywhere, idon'tthinkso

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 3:42 pm
no it wouldnt it would be cool

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 4:35 pm
ok great level,
like -500% gravity, you get thrown away from each polygon and die because you get shot by someone while not being able to shoot acurately

than in realistic you get pulled into a polygon and die because the polygon is crussing you
gravity=not fun

numgun
September 24, 2005, 7:54 pm
heh... those are ''over dosed'' map ur talking about. all u have to do is use the gravity in the right way = good games

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 8:07 pm
ok x=good game y=gravity s=soldat and b=bad game
x=s
x+y=s+b
x-y=s-y
s=b-y
b-y=x
hurray 8th grade enriched algebra!

numgun
September 24, 2005, 11:51 pm
algebra sucks... bloody letters and numbers... i hate em! tho for some reason im good at it : P

Kyklis
September 25, 2005, 4:54 am
*coughs* Many things get abused when they are added. Weapons Mod, anyone? The point is some people would use it for a good idea. Theres billions of maps that are stupid, and some that are amazing. So shhh.

Combined with 0 gravity across the entire map, you could have a space war =D. ( Make backround black, 0 gravity everywheres so you'd float around, and a few cirle shaped polygons with different levels of gravity depending on it's size. You could use planet's gravity to fling yourself about =D. It would be like Soldat + Asteroids. )

Unlucky 13
September 25, 2005, 5:38 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldok great level,
like -500% gravity, you get thrown away from each polygon and die because you get shot by someone while not being able to shoot acurately

than in realistic you get pulled into a polygon and die because the polygon is crussing you
gravity=not fun

I guess you don't play on servers like that, just like the horrid WM servers. You'd only play on neutral or good WM servers.

It sounds like a good idea, you could create some good maps (a space infiltrate-the-mothership-type-of-level maybe?).

With low gravity (/negative) however, would you pivot around the centre of your body and turn up-side down and stuff or would you stand normally? And how would boxes react?

Not to drift from the point, but I (for one) am still wanting damage colliders, so you could add these together and create a space area that kills you inside, but your corpse floats around in there. OR it slowly kills you, and you float controllably in there until you die.

This could also be useful for water-like areas in maps (as well as damage colliders, I guess). You could float in the water, yay!

And something to build on your idea: Radius of Effect
Simply, there is an area of effect that the polygon effects the gravity.

Now that I think of it, it may just work better with a collider-type... thing-o-ma-bob. Then you could have a little more control over the gravity and such... and such.

numgun
September 25, 2005, 10:27 am
boxes? they would just float around? or maybe get stuck into a grav poly.

a-4-year-old
September 25, 2005, 6:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13You'd only play on neutral or good WM servers.

i didn't know they existed (0_0)
*white light shines on face from computer screen*
*heavenly music in background*
so mabe there is hope...

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 2:57 am
when you press the jet button you go the direction your cursor is pointing that would be the easiest way, and a d would be used to strafe, your gostek would flip so the feet face the direction of the polygon sorta like radius of effect that unlucky said

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 4:29 am
This idea would make a dream map of mine possible: A CTF map where you literally go around the world complete with landmarks such as the Statue of Libery, the Great Pyramids of Giza, and the Great Wall of China. Dive into the deap-sea trenches of the Atlantic, and climb Mount Everest, on your way to capture the enemy flag.

A Zero-G map would be pretty awesome with the Mecha Soldat mod too. Even just an upside-down or sideways map would add tremendously to the game.

Meandor
September 26, 2005, 3:01 pm
Please keep all the gravity discussion in the other topic about gravity. Maybe it should be a sticky.
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=27728