( search forums )
White boxes when playing online?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Noisy Huntah
September 21, 2005, 5:11 pm
Sometimes, I have these white boxes when playing online. Mostly on htf, inf and ctf. Here's an sample : [URL]How can I fix this? I have tried to re-install but it doesn't work :/

Silent Soldier
September 21, 2005, 5:58 pm
You're missing scenery files, when there's no scenery file for the scenery that was placed there in Map Maker, it shows up as an white "blank.bmp". To fix it you just have to download the scenery file.

Noisy Huntah
September 21, 2005, 6:07 pm
I don't think so because it is not all the time.Like when i join again that same server still running the same map, then there is no white boxes.But still, thank you for you'r participation.

i am ahab
September 22, 2005, 11:17 am
i'd have a guess at it being your graphics card.

what sort is it and which driver?

you could possibly do with a driver upgrade? beware of some of the nvidia new drivers though, they are known to cause more scenery problems.

is that... win 95? :/

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 8:16 pm
Hit f9 then go back into soldat. It fixes it.

System_Decay
September 23, 2005, 11:40 pm
I have same boxes sometimes i play fullscreen all i do is Alt+Tab to minimize soldat and remaximize it and it reloads graphics kinda like a refresh i guess and most of the time the boxes are gone.

i am ahab
September 24, 2005, 6:22 pm
well that points to the fact that its either your graphics card, or your directx. are you running directx 9?

Silent Soldier
September 24, 2005, 6:49 pm
Yeah, you should update your computer more. Clean it up, software & hardware, maybe the newest version of DirectX? Or of course buy a new graphic card or a new computer. :D

@i am ahab
Windows 98, have a look at Windows 95's icons.

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 8:33 pm
A better computer is always good, but that isnt your problem here. Like I said before just hit f9(or alt+tab) and then go back in. Who knows, maybe your not even reading this anymore.

Noisy Huntah
September 29, 2005, 8:42 am
f9 and alt+tab didn't help.... maybe it works only wiht fullscreen..... but still , thank you for your participation

i am ahab
September 29, 2005, 9:59 am
hey have you tried running it in full screen? could be your problem...