( search forums )
Several weapon design queries.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
defanatic
September 22, 2005, 3:58 am
I've made a WH40k weapons mod (I am aware that there is another one), which edits most of the weapons (fist, and combat knife aside). It needs a little balancing though, and I have had a couple of problems:
1. After two or three shots, the lasgun (AK-74) aims very far below the cursor.
2. I am told I should shade my weapons, but some of them (like the plasma gun) have large flat surfaces.
3. I don't know where I should host this.
4. The sound for the shock pike is too loud. How do you edit sounds on a Windows box without installing anything?

kylerlandry
September 22, 2005, 4:46 am
I think that it should be moved to the show off your partially 1337 mods.

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 5:17 am
i think you should look at the other warhammer 40k mod and try to be better then that,m hah thats a challenge

blackdevil0742
September 22, 2005, 6:18 am
You'll have to work a little more on it.. shade the weapons.

defanatic
October 1, 2005, 10:43 am
Um... Spam, is this? Updated. Also, imageshack.us doesn't seem to work.

Pyroguy
October 6, 2005, 11:53 am
For some of the weapons, there is a POA fire animation. If you fire the gun while animating, the gun will shoot where its pointing, but it wont be pointing at ure cursor. Change the POA files or lower the ROF.

Gortaak
October 6, 2005, 4:57 pm
free webspace for hosting ANYTHING: www.megaupload.com, or http://rapidshare.de/

defanatic
October 7, 2005, 2:47 am
Thanks for the RoF tip. And the links.

Uh, yeah. Uploaded the mod at rapidshare... Uh, enjoy?

frogboy
October 7, 2005, 2:53 am
Your problem with the Ak could also be due to the Ak's self-bink - make sure the Bink in weapons.ini for Ak is set to 0.

defanatic
October 7, 2005, 3:09 am
Selfbink is at zero. I think Pyroguys solution is correct. It consistently shoots down (rather than all over the place).

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 1:51 pm
You can make the sounds quieter using sound recorder