( search forums )
point division
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Scooter_X
September 22, 2005, 6:02 pm
You know what I wish? I wish that somehow, the points between kills and points you get from capping a flag were separated into different categories. Because it kinda' gets annoying when you got some dude who is doing himself a little victory dance when he makes first place in a game, but all he pretty much did was surf back and forth between flags whilst the rest of his team did all (or most) of the killing. That isnt to say that we didnt appreciate his efforts, but gosh it gets annoying when you waste a lot of dudes, but the score gets all thrown out of whack by the 25 or so points a player gets by capping a flag.

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 7:59 pm
Isn't CTF a team game ? I think personal score does not matter at all -)

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 8:35 pm
It would be convenient, however if that guy wouldnt of capped all those times, your team just might not have scored at all. Its the overall effort that counts, unless you have 0 deaths in a 6v6 game with lots of good players and you made every cap for your team and made the most kills. If thats not the case, the victory to be celebrated should be your effort in helping the team. :D

giff
September 22, 2005, 8:40 pm
I don't really care about scoring... the only thing I don't like is when I and the rest of the team are doing all the killing/defense and someone comes on, gets a few caps, and think he is TEH WINNAR! That's annoying, but otherwise, yeah, it's a team game.

Kazuki
September 22, 2005, 9:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenIsn't CTF a team game ? I think personal score does not matter at all -)

That really depends on why you play the game. Many people focus on mainly the competetive portion of CTF. "LOLZ I ROCKED YER WORLD AND ONLY USED A SAW" they say, when all they did was run like pussies while their teammates had their backs. If CTF is such a team game, then why do most people do these things?

I don't really care about the scores being blended, but I just can't stand it when someone says something like that. They make complete idiots of themselves, and that's what's most annoying.

Scooter_X
September 22, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazukiquote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenIsn't CTF a team game ? I think personal score does not matter at all -)

That really depends on why you play the game. Many people focus on mainly the competetive portion of CTF. "LOLZ I ROCKED YER WORLD AND ONLY USED A SAW" they say, when all they did was run like pussies while their teammates had their backs. If CTF is such a team game, then why do most people do these things?

I don't really care about the scores being blended, but I just can't stand it when someone says something like that. They make complete idiots of themselves, and that's what's most annoying.

Exactly. That's more or less what I'm talking about.

And then there are those ones who dont really care about the CTF score, but may want to know only the individual scores and how they stack up. (Every now and again, that's me) I would just like it if there were 2 other columns in the score sheet. So not only would it still display your overall score, just like it does now, but also show how many individual caps you got, and kills as well. (do you think it would fly if I put it in the game improvements/suggestions section?)

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 11:39 pm
Its been suggested before I beleive, revive it. :D

F3nyx
September 23, 2005, 12:14 am
Sounds good to me.

vash763
September 23, 2005, 1:32 am
wow just hate on saws kaz.

haha jk

ya, i think it would be nice to show the overall leader. but if it would show kills and caps speratly in diff columns aswell (does it show kills now? i havnt look haha).

or just get rid of individual stats, and just give team stats, although i wouldnt like that

Deleted User
September 23, 2005, 1:45 am
When I play ctf my main objective is killing the nearest m79'er/barretarder, sometimes this means charging the EFC too ..

Deleted User
September 23, 2005, 3:06 am
when i play Ctf i wait til the other team gets my flag so i can hunt it down, i love the hunt

Captain Ben
September 23, 2005, 4:04 am
CTF for me is a kind of 'kill as many people as you can, and still have a reason to run'.

Scooter_X
September 24, 2005, 11:38 pm
Bah. Put it in the 'Game Improvements' section, but no dice. "Already been mentioned."