( search forums )
WarPaint 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Rambo_6
September 23, 2005, 12:38 am

Another mod by teh Rambo_6

I didn't put much effort into the rest of the mod, but i did do the guns all in paint, so i am prouded. the sounds are a bit crappy... SO LIVE WITH IT LOL. Teh gosteks suck and so does the interface. But the guns and sounds are what matter.

Oh, and there's a custom INI file for the mod.. It makes all the guns very strong, just like in real paintball. GO FIGURE LOL

Btw, this is a Paintball mod. It works very well with survival mode and maps with low jet fuel.

Now for eye candy.

[IMAGE]

GET

Only post feedback worth reading, plzthx.

paramud
September 23, 2005, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6

Another mod by teh Rambo_6

I didn't put much effort into the rest of the mod, but i did do the guns all in paint, so i am prouded. the sounds are a bit crappy... SO LIVE WITH IT LOL. Teh gosteks suck and so does the interface. But the guns and sounds are what matter.

Oh, and there's a custom INI file for the mod.. It makes all the guns very strong, just like in real paintball. GO FIGURE LOL

Btw, this is a Paintball mod. It works very well with survival mode and maps with low jet fuel.

Now for eye candy.

[IMAGE]

GET

Only post feedback worth reading, plzthx.

Bah, this reminds me of Digital Soldat PaintBall... Oh those were the good times...

Rambo_6
September 23, 2005, 1:02 am
Why is everything 'good times' with you?

And why the hell did you quote my entire first post? -_-

The Geologist
September 23, 2005, 1:03 am
Because he's Paramud..he doesn't know any better.

been looking for a good mod to try out as of late...downloaded and trying atm. More comments forthcoming, but they look like "good times" from here :D

Deleted User
September 23, 2005, 6:11 am
Screenshot quality lacks win

SPARTAN_III
September 23, 2005, 10:21 am
ugh...gif...please...no...

looks nice, i might dl sometime. give us a shot of the int, i wanna see it.

Captain RibMan
September 23, 2005, 10:54 am
The eye candy is horrible >:(

Lets just hope the mod makes up for it >:O

Rambo_6
September 23, 2005, 1:37 pm
The interface is sh1tteh so i didn't bother with it.

I'll update the preview later.

SPARTAN_III
September 23, 2005, 1:54 pm
next time use .png, its the best.

Belier13
September 23, 2005, 3:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIInext time use .png, its the best.

do you really think Rambo is that dumb ? lalala..

[IMAGE]

Silent Soldier
September 23, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIInext time use .png, its the best.

Nopes, .PNG is the best. ^.^

paramud
September 24, 2005, 5:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Silent Soldierquote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIInext time use .png, its the best.

Nopes, .PNG is the best. ^.^

I really agree with that.
Its the best quality you can get besides BMP.

Keron Cyst
September 24, 2005, 6:28 am
Besides .BMP?! That's practically the worst! There's .GIF, .JPG...

SPARTAN_III
September 24, 2005, 6:39 am
gif is what rambo just used, whick is awful. jpeg is blurry.

bmp has best quality but is huge, so png is the best.

TheFunktopus
September 24, 2005, 8:58 am
.gif is not awful, if you don't save it in paint - actually, it's one of the best. If you save a gif file in Paint, it doesn't ask you anything about compressing, and it does a horrible job too.

vash763
September 24, 2005, 9:13 am
true.

png is very nice though.

tiff anyone?

damnnation
September 24, 2005, 10:49 am
who cares about te look of a damn screenie, just download it and see for urself damnit...

Keron Cyst
September 24, 2005, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheFunktopus... If you save a gif file in Paint, it doesn't ask you anything about compressing, and it does a horrible job too.

It actually just saves it as a .BMP and renames it to .GIF.

Rambo_6
September 24, 2005, 6:23 pm
If you're lazy enough to not bother getting the mod just because you can't see the screeny, then you shouldn't bother to post here.

The gameplay in this mod is what really matters... I've made an attempt to completely change the gameplay style to a more strategic approach instead of run and gun. And although the weapon menu is blurred, you can still make out the images in it for the most part. I can't update the screens yet... So stop talking about such things. A whole page has been wasted on the subject of which format provides the best quality/smallest size. So enough.

SPARTAN_III
September 24, 2005, 8:06 pm
the weapons.ini in this mod is the same as in the militiasreborn mod...

intentional or a mistake?

EDIT: make the explosion more paint-ey, it looks bad for a paintball mod. those flames look...ownage...but make them orange, since, AFAIK, orange paint is most widely used.

Rambo_6
September 24, 2005, 8:43 pm
Hmm i must have added the wrong INI file, since it is completely different from the militias reborn INI file.

I'll add another download for it soon. Also, i don't know how to make a paint explosion :P

Credit for anyone who can give it a try and make one for me.

Silent Soldier
September 24, 2005, 8:52 pm
Just downloaded it, it looks really nice, but the sound effects are a bit weird. O.o

SERIAL KILLeR
September 24, 2005, 9:32 pm
Mod looks nice i like the fire sounds but you should change more things to make it feel like paintball (bullet hit sounds (body and ground), sparks, explosion, etc) like in the Digital Soldat Paintball mod

Rambo_6
September 24, 2005, 10:07 pm
Hmm, i was going to do that but i currently have a large workload on my hands (my website is pretty empty, i have 2 maps i am trying to finish, i am trying to get the first maiden in zelda, and this mod is only 3/4 done.)

Any contributions to this mod would be appreciated. Especially in the explosions/sparks department.

numgun
September 24, 2005, 11:39 pm
good try! but not what me likes... sry xP

SPARTAN_III
September 25, 2005, 4:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Hmm i must have added the wrong INI file, since it is completely different from the militias reborn INI file.

I'll add another download for it soon. Also, i don't know how to make a paint explosion :P

Credit for anyone who can give it a try and make one for me.

well, i didnt check the ini value for value, but it was pretty obvious (the m79 fired shotgun rounds, the spas was still a glitched up grenade launcher, the steyr had 25 rounds...go figure)

also there's a minor problem with your .bat file. the parameter has to be the same as the folder name. your bat file says "C:/Soldat/Soldat.exe -mod WarPaint" but the WarPaint folder is called "Warpaint 1.0". the folder name should be just "WarPaint"

easily fixed, but i thought i'd mention it.

Kultfire
September 25, 2005, 4:02 pm
The screenshot is fine..might be a little out of wack but you can still tell what and where everything is...this looks better then the other paintball mod I have.

About the bat..you can just go: Soldat.exe -mod WarPaint
You don't need the C:\Soldat
Anyway when it is fully done, PM me or something, or I'll just keep checking back, beacuse I really want to play this I tell you what..

_Mancer_
September 26, 2005, 10:48 pm
Get a better screenshot....

SPARTAN_III
September 27, 2005, 2:49 am
you missed my point completely, kultfire, i was saying that the folder name doesn't match the -mod parameter n the bat file, not that my soldat is installed in a different directory.

mancer, please dont start the whole ".png is better than .gif liek omgwtfbbq" thing

Rambo_6
September 27, 2005, 3:54 am
Ok, fixed screenie.

SPARTAN_III
September 27, 2005, 9:39 am
liek omgz u used png omfg ownzor roflol!!!

wait, i'm just stupid, theres nothing wrong with the .ini file. i just forgot to rename it to "weapons"

me = retard

Kultfire
September 28, 2005, 12:42 am
LOL Spartan, yeah sorry.
Thats all I really meant too, but you just didn't have to type much :P
Much easier on the fingers dontcha think?
Save those for something else!
LMFAO.

Haro1121
October 3, 2005, 2:10 am
You look one way ur gun looks fine u look the other way the guns down at ur hip fix it make the guns smaller if u have to just get the guns lined up and the weapon SFX need to be better and the weapons ini is overkill but that is paintball for u.......oh yeah

Good mod by the way well done