( search forums )
speed boost???
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Pathos
September 24, 2005, 5:11 am
Often when I am playing Soldat v1.3 it plays 0-100% faster than usual.

I played a death match against bots once and it was playing at 200% the normal speed.

I pwn with the chainsaw (or any other gun for that) on online play because I move/fire/reload faster. Its just like using a speed hack except I don't think it increases the number of packets sent so I don't get banned for flooding the server.

As you would expect I get accused of speed hacking abit.

I have recently updated my video drivers, I'm not sure if that is the problem. But I cannot understand what the problem could be.

Its fun but I don't like playing because I know I have an unfair advantage.

Pathos
September 24, 2005, 12:13 pm
...now I'm Globally banned apparently...

i am ahab
September 24, 2005, 6:21 pm
well this is odd.

sure you're not winding us up?? ;)

can you give us the spec of your machine?

if you dont know anything then download a program called belarc advisor and post the report onto m00's uploader.

Splinter Cell
September 24, 2005, 9:32 pm
I dunno, are you jumping everytime you land ( it helps you move faster if you jump instead of walk ).
Either that or you were playing 50% of normal FPS, before your video card upgrade, and it got normal after you upgraded it.

(BTW, are you that guy that payed 999$ for a 512 ram video card?)

n00bface
September 24, 2005, 11:10 pm
I used to have this problem in an MMORPG I played before (Cronous) The game would literally perform at 200% normal speed, and I would walk extremely fast and stuff. I forgot what the exact problem was, but it had to do with me using a laptop (it's a dell..)

Pathos
September 25, 2005, 1:14 am
I doubt its my hardware

Athalon XP 2500+
768mg ram
fx5200 (I use this, its slow as)
S3 trio (second monitor)
...other stuff.

Yes I was jumping every time I land but it is definitely faster. I don't think ithas anything to do with the internal clock as thats still on time after a week. I'm gonna try reinstall soldat, it may have installed funny.

This has only happened in Soldat v1.3.

mar77a
September 25, 2005, 3:31 am
Meh, if im not wrong, there are applications that modify your OS speed, eg. the speed that takes to aroll up the "Start" menu. I'm not saying anything else, this will lead to hacking.. :/

Pathos
September 25, 2005, 3:49 am
Hmmm, seems to be working right now.

i am ahab
September 25, 2005, 9:19 pm
mar the speed it takes to scroll up the start menu is stored in the registry. modifying that will not make you run faster. i absolutely on my computer guarentee.

maybe there are other things but i'd be so bloody surprised you could tattoo daft c*nt on my forehead.

i'm now going to wait for enesce to tell me that i am a silly daft cnt and that infact of course you can get this thing and i'm a prune for not knowing about it ;p