( search forums )
Snatch Weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Keron Cyst
September 24, 2005, 6:31 am
I think this would be pretty fun for Soldat and I think it'd be really cool to be implemented but if it's not that great of an idea just move it to the general suggestions.

Push F (or wh'ever your discard key is) at the right moment and your soldat reaches out as if to discard an invisible weapon but instead the throw-weapon animation reverses and your soldat grabs a nearby enemy's weapon (also, Marcinkowski, have the victim perform the discard anim.) That'd be neat to also try to catch thrown knives too (I expect you'd have to be insanely skilled with the timing tho' since catching would be impossible to make a hack for), and for 1337 movies as well! B-)

Darkslide
September 24, 2005, 7:26 am
Isnt that nearly the sáme as punching?
If u ask me I don´t rlly think its a good idea :/

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 2:02 pm
that would be cool, imagine catching a knife and throwing it back! omg i love this!!! doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!!!! rip the ak out of their hands and shoot them with it!!!

Keron Cyst
September 24, 2005, 4:38 pm
For punching it only sometimes knocks his gun out, and then you have to run over and grab it, if he didn't retrieve it himself by then... or he could pull out a secondary. Here, the snatch does no damage (as opposed to the ouchie punch) but you can grab a weapon right away.

i am ahab
September 24, 2005, 6:23 pm
yes. i like this. nice thinking.

commander keron's originality gland is pumping full pace!

Alamo
September 24, 2005, 6:28 pm
hm... yep, let guns be grabable :)

numgun
September 24, 2005, 8:04 pm
heheh... this could be fun:
me: *hiding in bushes*
enemy1: *passes by my hiding place*
me: *snatch*
enemy1: *goes to my base*
allie1: enemy! shoot him!
enemy1: wtf?! wheres my gun? AARGH! *pwned*
me: heheh...

numgun
September 25, 2005, 10:44 am
*brings the topic back up*
this is a good idea and i dont want it to die ; )

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 12:27 pm
cool idea i like it

Keron Cyst
September 25, 2005, 4:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahab... commander keron's originality gland is pumping full pace!

*vein twitches*

- Tek -
September 25, 2005, 5:42 pm
heh, i think throwing weapons should actually do damage. If yout hrow a minigun at someone its gotta hurt. But if they are on you team it should catch onto them. I was thinking about how this coudl help your team. Often I hear people saying "I lost all my guns!" then they die. Well what if I could actually throw a gun to them from a far distance. You can't do that with what we got now.

a-4-year-old
September 25, 2005, 6:19 pm
why would you chuck a minigun at someone? and i still think catching a knife would be awsome, a much better fix than a charge up time... you should be able to pick up a nade and throw it back if you don't have a weapon...

Zegovia
September 25, 2005, 6:53 pm
This sounds quite Cool, catching a knife intended to kill ya (and deliver it back!), stealing someones ruger and then make em able to breathe from their forehead.... I like this alot..

tRaQs
September 25, 2005, 7:34 pm
that would get really annoying though for knifers, and youd have people learning the timing, so i say, only if they catch on blunt end, that way, they can still be killed, despite having catching down pat.

xtishereb
September 25, 2005, 10:14 pm
Wow. This idea is totally awesome! If you didn't have a weapon and pressed the "throw weapon" key, you would try to grab weapons. It would be a fix for the knife problam, too.
tRaOs, if the knife grabbing time was low enough, then it wouldn't be a problem. Speed could be a factor as well, so a chucked knife would be harder to grab than a lobbed one.
Picking up nades? Nah, if you got too close you'd go boom, nades explode on contact with people.

Keron Cyst
September 25, 2005, 10:24 pm
"Knife problam?" You'd have to be really skilled and on a smooth-running server to catch a thrown knife I suspect...

- Tek -
September 26, 2005, 2:26 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldwhy would you chuck a minigun at someone?

Because after you spam all 100 bullets, its a waste of time to sit back and reload, you might as well get some use out of it by hitting people with its large mass.

Keron Cyst
September 26, 2005, 3:40 pm
If you want that then mods will need a weight= command (ooh, scientific "if-then" statement :-P), not to slow down soldat movement, but to represent the mass of a thrown weapon (since a mod could turn the Minigun into a peashooter or something). And if weapons other than the knife are to be thrown I think you should be able to throw them at least a bit upwards, in the direction you're facing.

numgun
September 27, 2005, 12:24 pm
another topic has changed it discussion -__-''

tRaQs
September 27, 2005, 8:43 pm
You would need to have your weapon out of your hand to catch, i am hoping???? 0.o

Alamo
September 28, 2005, 1:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by tRaQsYou would need to have your weapon out of your hand to catch, i am hoping???? 0.o

If you could catch/grab when having a gun in the hand, where would the new gun go? I think you should have to have you hands free.

Keron Cyst
September 28, 2005, 6:02 pm
Yes, of course. To snatch a weapon you'd need to be Unarmed (fist). Holstering a loose weapon on your back while holding another is kind o' a neat idea if not a bit unrealistic...

F3nyx
September 28, 2005, 6:36 pm
Hmm, I'd be okay with this as long as:

a) you can only snatch weapons while your hands are empty
b) the range at which you can snatch weapons is very short

Keron Cyst
September 29, 2005, 12:27 am
That's the whole point of it. It's like the fist attack but instead of inflicting damage you take a foe's weapon. We've already covered that plenty of times...

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 12:51 pm
hmmmm yeah its deffintly a possiblity, i can see a whole new breed of players, kamakazis :P

i am ahab
September 29, 2005, 4:22 pm
what? why are they kamikazee?

Keron Cyst
September 29, 2005, 6:58 pm
That's what I was thinking. I'm assuming he's talking about running up to a reloading M79er and blowing the two of you apart with it xP

numgun
September 29, 2005, 7:21 pm
i prefer hiding in bushes while sum1 passes by! and after a while as he see an enemy he presses his ''fire '' button... but he only punches the air and says: ''where the f*** is my gun?!''. xD