( search forums )
Demos
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jenkins
September 24, 2005, 6:50 am
How do you take a demo of yourself playing, if it is possible?

paramud
September 24, 2005, 7:03 am
Search, Manual, Wrong forum.
Press F8 to record demos.

UGK
September 24, 2005, 7:54 am
if you register you get Unlimited demo time or something right?

frogboy
September 24, 2005, 7:54 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudManual, Wrong forum.
Surely if you'd ever read the manual you'd find out that it doesn't exactly explain how to record demos very well, other than auto demos. And quit backseat moderating, when b00stA browses the forums he can judge whether it should be moved or not.

Jenkins, if you enabled Auto record in the Performance tab in Setup (or edited soldat.ini to enable it), you just need to press F8 and a few minutes before that is recorded. If you didn't, press F8 to start recording, and then press F8 to finish. You can record this way while auto record is enabled by pressing F8 twice to start.

If you used auto record, it will save under Soldat\Demos\autodemo[number].sdm. If you used the other way, it will save under Soldat\Demos\demo[number].sdm.

EDIT: There's a better explanation here.

quote:Originally posted by UGKif you register you get Unlimited demo time or something right?

In 1.2, when demos were first implemented, you had to register to record more than 3 minutes. However since 1.2.1 you get unlimited time (probably due to the auto demo function).

Kazuki
September 24, 2005, 1:48 pm
Nice explanation, Frogboy.

I'd just like to add; I'm not sure if configuring the record_time in Soldat.ini actually works. I've never tried it out in Soldat 1.3. I know that it didn't work in Soldat 1.2.1, but I believe Michal said something about fixing it in 1.3.

Jenkins
September 27, 2005, 3:23 am
Thank you all very much, I cannot try it out yet as I am in New Zealand, away from my PC. But when I get back to Australia I will certainly give it a go, thank you very much for taking the time to help me.