September 24, 2005, 3:11 pm
Let's see now;
This is a dark cave theme map
You can play all game modes on it, even though it's meant for ctf
It's got a few textures, and a lot of sceneries
Not meant for that many players, it's pretty small yet roomy
It's not waypointed
Overview;
Just to get some people to understand the importance, I put in two versions, one unshaded and the real one:

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

You see now how immense the difference is? Hope so, 'cause I'm don't like seeing completley unshaded maps. (Yehyeh, i left out sceneries in the first one [:/])

In-game screens:

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Now I'm pretty tired of working with this map, so I don't know if I have the willpower to work with it if something comes up.

Thanks to everyone who made a texture/scenery thats in it, hope it doesn't bother you. To Anna for bettering the texture (and making my slow mapping easier). To m00.laughingllamas.com for hosting it. And to people on #soldat.polyworks for helping me out whilst tired of it.

[Download]

(Tell me if I forgot something)

Aquarius
September 24, 2005, 3:42 pm
The map is to dark in my opinion. Most people won't even notice different textures.

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 4:37 pm
..Only the upper left room is a bit to dark!

This is really nice =D keep on!

NuZZ
September 24, 2005, 5:03 pm
No detail...

You need to spend more effort into creating high-poly maps curved and pictureskque... :/

Silent Soldier
September 24, 2005, 7:06 pm
Yeah, more detail and put it more lighter.

DeMonIc
September 24, 2005, 8:00 pm
I think it's pretty detailed, and nicely fit for deathmatch (although it seems to be bigger than HH.. )

Aqua is right though: use more lighter colours (even if it'll produce more contrast) because the multi-texture is barely noticable on some parts.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 12:11 am
the dark one is pretty f****ng good xD

i really love the atmosphere.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 10:12 am
So you'd mainly want me to make the map lighter? That probably won't happen, don't want to work with this in a while ... :o

I think this map is so dark because of two things; I had a really hard time to descide from where the light source would come (no, i won't put torches in it ..) and because of the use of a different shading technique than used in my erlier maps.

Aww, nobody commented on how many textures there were :I

DeMonIc
September 25, 2005, 10:18 am
Because the texture's aren't really noticable because of the dark shading. If you hadn't posted the unshaded screen, I wouldn't have noticed that it uses more than two textures.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 11:02 am
..i Notice them =O with my trained anti camper eye!

and lol i noticed no one commited the textures??! when maps whit only 2 textures get very much attention!

..btw how many textures are they?... i guess around 10

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 1:12 pm
Good guess, there are eleven of 'em.

And by the way, I like it this way because the textures kind of melt togheter and there's nothing conspicuous that makes your eyes sore ... But again, that's just me.

GAMEOVER
September 25, 2005, 9:29 pm
I think you did a great job good work.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 11:20 pm
Wow, I really like it. The shading gives it a murky swamp feel.
Nice job, though maybe some grass or some scenie on lowest ground.

josheat
September 26, 2005, 12:55 am
I like it. Its pretty big too. But i think people who play the map will take all those textures for granted :P

blackdevil0742
September 26, 2005, 6:28 am
I like the layout of the map but i's too dark for my taste.

Raptor
September 27, 2005, 4:18 pm
The map is dark and it's not shaded, I hate maps like that...

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 4:28 pm
Ehh? I understand you if you think it's dark, everyone can have an opinion about that, but not shaded? Does it show that bad/weird, or didn't you look at it orderly?

In totally dark rooms there are no shadows, and because this map has no light scource the shadowing may look illogical to some.

Raptor
September 28, 2005, 10:06 pm
Not illogical to me, I shade my maps in black bgcolors and they look good.