( search forums )
Gravity
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
NuZZ
September 24, 2005, 5:24 pm
Soldat has a sort of 'Gravity' I suppose you could say...
But its not very realistic...

Hi, its me NuZZ, yeah Im back to Soldat again, I got dial-up so I cant download anything anymore...

But anyway, ive seen this new "PolyWorks", it doesnt look bad at all,
im having fun downloading it at 1.2kbs also.
But my amazement is that when I was map making before, I tried to make it the best looking map, curving it etc.
But with this program I could make an ultimate map, that Ive been wanting to make for... Since... When I started to map.
A complete 'Earth' map, fully rounded ~huge~ map, requiring at least a 20 meg download, for a server supporting many...
I also think soldat could very well open to RPG, leveling etc. like some of those games, but still side-view-rag-doll graphics and sweetness.

Gravity
Well right now there is (Please refrain from swearing) gravity, you just fall, but if I wer to make a round map I would fall off the edge. Im thinking of a center of gravity point of magnitisim, like a planets center...
You would simpily move toward it like in WarHeads SE game wayyyy back, some old artillery game, hmm, should check up on that. Could be fully 3d mmorpg now ;o lol...
But yeah gravity would open soldat to a TONE of new gameplay and maps, like a planet map, and to stop people falling off the edges of maps etc.

Silent Soldier
September 24, 2005, 7:00 pm
Welcome back. ;*

Yeah, PolyWorks is great. And yes the "Earth" maps would be great, huge areas with many places to go on, but shouldn't it lag a bit and also, would that mean a new game mode?

Uh-huh, I get the idea, planet-gravity maps, round and the screen would follow your soldier. It sounds great, I've played WarHeads SE and I like the gravity physics a lot too. How about a "Gravity point"-function, like the colliders 'n stuff into the MapMaker? :D

a-4-year-old
September 24, 2005, 7:56 pm
well i hate to bring it up, but i feel i have to, people said veicles would never come out because the soldats stay straight up and cant go around like that (without an animation) so basicly this will never happen, no shooting upside down for you! (sorry for bringing up... *whispers* veicles) it would be cool if it where possible in soldat

edit: well i feel kinda bad for shooting down your idea, even tho its not possibe i still think i should do something so here
http://www.warheads.net/index.php?option=com_weblinks&Itemid=54&catid=71
enjoy warheads se

numgun
September 24, 2005, 7:57 pm
NUZZ!!!! u topic thief!!!!!!111one

-edit- looks like 4-year-old is opposing the gravity ideas very much...
*suspicious look*

blackdevil0742
September 24, 2005, 8:00 pm
hehe, I can just image the way all maps would be if it had this kind of gravity thingie.

And I love the RPG element thing... It could be something like in Gunz

Meandor
September 25, 2005, 11:30 am
It would be simpler to have the pacman-like border that has been suggested some time ago (and was well-accepted) and/or teleporters to simulate a "round" ambient or different rooms. You get the same effect with less effort, I suppose.

Michal
September 25, 2005, 11:48 pm
It's an interesting suggestion, but I don't think it's very practical...
It would require a large overhaul of the map file format and also some of the game engine.
I think the best solution would be a "pacman-like border", but only if it were completely seamless in-game.
Then you could make a really long map, add the "border" (where the map would loop), and it would give the illusion of a large planet without the trouble of adding rotation of the view + gosteks, center of gravity, etc.

Rambo_6
September 26, 2005, 12:17 am
Although the idea is interesting, i can't predict it being used. It wouldn't make sense for a map to have reversed gravity... It wouldn't look realistic. Unless a map is really huge, the gravity thing wouldn't have much effect.

Btw, welcome back.

We've been expecting you.

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 12:21 am
It would be hillarious thought tohave opposite grav,so you walk on ceiling :P
Knife throw would be harder :O

NuZZ
September 26, 2005, 4:25 am
Lol, yeah sup guys...
Right now im still 'making' the Earth map, just started like a little b4 this post, bah heres a screenie

Oh damn you cant upload to the forum anymore ;(, Imageshack then

[IMAGE]
Catchy name... :p
Thats just the far start I made, half a lava pit, wanna make that place like a volcano ;p, need to fin the shading there also, +scenery and get rid of sum (Please refrain from swearing), oh yeah and finish the rest of the map about 20 times that size O.o

Oh yeah almost forgot while im on the forum again,
made a new NuZZ blood thing :p, so how you like :D
[IMAGE]
22kb so i cant upload, and you cant upload to forum any more, fileshack prolly wont keep forever and i have no host, but oh well.

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 4:32 am
Figures, I just made a post about how awesome an Earth map would be in the other gravity thread, and then I go into this thead...

NuZZ
September 26, 2005, 5:02 am
Ive been wanting to make it for years so i beat u boy...

Meandor
September 26, 2005, 3:01 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=27728